|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on !
- 1 Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- 2 Fire Emblem Heroes
- 3 Personality and character
- 4 Supports
- 5 Endings
- 6 Quote
- 7 Other appearances
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Etymology and other languages
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
Born in Ilia to a human father and an ice dragon mother, Ninian and her brother Nils entered the Dragon's Gate after their mother vanished during the Scouring and their father went missing looking for her. Despite settling in paradise amongst other beings of dragon descent, Ninian always dreamed of returning to Elibe, the land of her birth.
Nergal and his Morph's pursuit of Ninian and her brother are part of what gets Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn involved with Nergal's schemes.
Starting stats and growth rates
- Note: Ninian will only appear with these stats if the player skips Lyn's Tale or if Nils dies during Lyn's Tale. Otherwise, her stats will match Nils'.
Ninian is the dancer of The Blazing Blade along with her brother Nils. She comes with typical growths and bases for a dancer, high speed and luck and good growths, but poor durability. As Ninian cannot fight she will instead be relegated to dancing and using the magic rings. The magic rings she gets access to can be useful against some bosses or enemies, however Ninan will be dancing most of the time because of it's overall great utility. Because many chapters in The Blazing Blade emphasize speed, Ninian is highly recommended due to the ability to refresh allied units. Ninian is also extremely useful on ranked playthroughs due to making her own EXP and enabling lower turn count, Ninian is also obviously near essential on faster playthroughs due to many strategies using her immensely. Ninian leaves after a certain chapter, but her inventory is sent to Nils.
Overall, due to being a dancer rating Ninian as anything else but one of the best units in the game would be downright foolish.
There are two different variations of Ninian available to Heroes, both of which are tied to her storyline appearance in The Blazing Blade. The normal variation of Ninian was added to the game in the Blazing Shadows update, and became available for summoning by players on March 14, 2017. A bridal variation of Ninian was made available between the period of May 21, 2018 through June 21, 2018 as part of the summoning event surrounding the launch of the Bridal Bloom update.
Ninian: Oracle of Destiny
- Ninian: Oracle of Destiny is only available at 5★ rarity.
|B||Escape Route 1||★★★★★||60 SP|
|B||Escape Route 2||★★★★★||120 SP|
|B||Escape Route 3||★★★★★||240 SP|
|C||Fortify Def 1||★★★★★||50 SP|
|C||Fortify Def 2||★★★★★||100 SP|
|C||Fortify Dragons||★★★★★||200 SP|
Ninian: Bright-Eyed Bride
- Ninian: Bright-Eyed Bride is only available at 5★ rarity.
|B||Chill Atk 1||★★★★★||60 SP|
|B||Chill Atk 2||★★★★★||120 SP|
|B||Chill Atk 3||★★★★★||240 SP|
|C||Spur Spd 1||★★★★★||50 SP|
|C||Drive Spd 1||★★★★★||120 SP|
|C||Drive Spd 2||★★★★★||240 SP|
Personality and character
Ninian is a shy and soft-spoken girl. She is polite and considerate, which is especially noticeable in how she addresses Eliwood after his father dies. Ninian does have a weak will and body, she collapsed and suffered amnesia after she tried to escape Nergal a second time.
However, due to her half-dragon heritage, Ninian has difficulty understanding why her allies are so kind toward her, despite her obvious exotic appearance and ability to sense danger. Her kind nature leads her to try to remain a bit distant from others, since she believes herself to be perceived as dangerous by others.
- Main article: Ninian/Supports
Nils and Ninian
After these dragonkin bid farewell to the land of their birth, they returned to their new world. Meeting Eliwood warmed the hearts of these ice dragons with the hope that man and dragon could live in peace.
Eliwood and Ninian
Eliwood and Ninian were wed after the conflict. Ninian gave up her old life and her people to enjoy a brief life with Eliwood. They have a son named Roy, who will one day take up arms to defend his nation.
Ninian: I’m so sorry, Lord Eliwood... I...cannot...stand much longer...
Eliwood: You needn’t try. I’ll take care of everything. Retreat to a safe place. Can you do that?
— Ninian and Eliwood when Ninian falls in battle
Nils: Ninian! Are you well?
Ninian: I’m sorry... I can... stand no longer...
Nils: There’s nothing else we can do here. Come, let us retreat to the rear. We don’t want to become a burden on you.
— Ninian and Nils when Ninian falls in battle
|“||Eliwood: Nils! How is Ninian?
Nils: I think she’ll be fine with a little rest.
Eliwood: I asked too much of her. It was not right... From now on, the two of you will stay out of combat. Is that understood?
Nils: Yes. I’m sorry.
— Ninian and Eliwood at the end of a chapter when Ninian falls in battle
- Main article: Ninian/Quotes (Heroes)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
from Fire Emblem
|Bonus: [Arm] [Leg] Attack +6|
Ninian appears as a support spirit.
Fire Emblem Series
|Trait: Trade-Off Defense ↑
Start battles with 30% damage and higher defense.
|Ninian appears in volume 7 of the Fire Emblem Heroes: Mini Acrylic Figure Collection. Her volume 7 appearance is based on her standard appearance in Heroes.||¥350||September 2018JP|
Ninian is currently featured on two cards in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Ninian|
|Dragon Girl of Destiny, Ninian|
||"I am truly blessed that I have had the chance to meet you."|
|Attack: 30||Support: 10||Range: -||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Dancer||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|Return of the Dragons [Activate]  Choose any number of your opponent's units, except their Main Character, and have your opponent place them on top of their deck in any order.|
Mystical Dance: [Activate]   Select an allied unit with a Support Emblem that has attacked this turn. Untap that unit.
Ice Dragon Form: [Support] If you have at least 6 cards in your Bond Area, until the end of the battle, your unit gains 30 attack.
|Card #B07-010SR • Artist: Fuzichoco|
|A Fateful Encounter, Ninian|
|"Lady Lyn told me...She told me...She told me it was you. You were the one who helped me one year ago."|
"We are honored to have served you well."
|Attack: 30||Support: 10||Range: -||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Dancer||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|Sacred Dancer: [Activate]   Choose 1 non- ally who has attacked this turn, and untap them.|
Men and Dragons' Hopes: [Support] At the end of this combat, if you have 6 or more bond cards, you may play this card face-down in your Bond Area instead of sending it to the Retreat Area.
|Card #B13-027R(+)(+X), B13-027ST • Artist: Saori Toyota (B13-027R, B13-027R+, B13-027ST), Fumi (B13-027R+X)|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Ninian .
- There is an unused portrait of Ninian in Fire Emblem Awakening for SpotPass, implying she was planned to be included at one point.
- Though Ninian did not appear in Fire Emblem Heroes in its initial release version, 1.0.2, there was a folder in the game's files named "ch03_16_Ninian_F_Normal" ("ch03" being a prefix common to all The Blazing Blade characters), possibly implying that she was planned to feature at launch. The folder contained Christmas-themed artwork of male Robin and Tharja; it is unknown why this artwork was contained in Ninian's folder. The folder had been removed from the game as of version 1.1.0. Ninian herself was added to the game formally in the "Blazing Shadows" update, released on March 14th, 2017, with her files contained in the folder that originally held the Christmas-themed artwork.
- Interestingly, Ninian utilizes Fire Breath by default when attacking in Fire Emblem Heroes despite being an Ice Dragon.
- Brianna Knickerbocker, Ninian's English voice actress in Heroes, also voices Est in both Heroes and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia as well as Charlotte and Sakura in all appearances.
- Aya Suzaki, Ninian's Japanese voice actress in Heroes, also voices Maria in the same game.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Ninian||"Ninian" is a masculine name of Scottish, Irish, and Ancient Celtic usage. While the exact meaning is unknown, it appears in a Latinized form "Niniavus", which could be from the Welsh name "Nynniaw". This was the name of a 5th-century British saint who was apparently responsible for many miracles and cures. He is known as the Apostle to the Picts.|
|Japanese||ニニアン||Officially romanised as Ninian.|
|Dutch||Ninian||Used in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.|
|Russian||Ниниана||Niniana, an alteration of the English name; used in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.|
|Korean||니니안||Ninian; used in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.|
|Simplified Chinese||尼尼安||Ninian; used in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.|
|Traditional Chinese||尼尼安||Ninian; used in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.|
Nils sharing power with Ninian.
Nergal with Ninian under his control.
Ninian, as a dragon, appears before Eliwood.
Nergal gloats over the death of the dragon, who was actually Ninian.
Eliwood holding Ninian's corpse.
A certain man and two children.
Eliwood carries Ninian after the battle.
Artwork of Ninian and Eliwood from Fire Emblem Cipher.
Artwork of Ninian, Nils and Elbert from Fire Emblem Cipher.
- Ninian appears as a child in the flashback during Chapter 19x pt 2: A Glimpse in Time, which is 980 years before the events of The Blazing Blade.
- Fire Emblem 7: Ninian Artbook Translation | kantopia, www.kantopia.wordpress.com, Retrieved: 1 July 2018
- Voice of Ninian in Fire Emblem Heroes () • Behind The Voice Actors, www.behindthevoiceactors.com, Retrieved: 1 July 2018
- "Ninian: Ahh...Dame Florina...
Florina: You know... You really don’t have to call me that. You can just call me Florina." — Ninian and Florina, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Eliwood: My mother, too, loves dancing, you know. She would be pleased. At festival time, she dances all night like a young maiden. My father always clucked his tongue and shook his head, but each year, he would dance with her until the dawn. Ah–
Ninian: ... ...
Eliwood: Forgive me. You... must think of my father often enough.
Ninian: No... it’s all right. I mean, not compared to you, Lord Eliwood..." — Ninian and Eliwood in their support conversation, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Ninian: Lady Lyn... Lady Lyn, you did nothing wrong...... When Nils fell overboard, I didn’t know what to do. ...I became lost within myself. If only I’d been stronger... ......All of this could have been avoided... I am...truly...sorry.
Nils: ...Ninian’s power is greater than mine, but it costs her physical and emotional strength. ......Nergal exploited that...weakness..." — Ninian and Nils, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Doesn’t everyone think that dragons are terrifying, man-eating beasts? I mean, how could two different species ever get along?" — Ninian to Florina, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- Brianna Knickerbocker • Behind The Voice Actors, www.behindthevoiceactors.com, Retrieved: 1 July 2018
- Aya Suzaki • Behind The Voice Actors, www.behindthevoiceactors.com, Retrieved: 1 July 2018
- Behind the Name: Meaning, origin and history of the name Ninian, www.behindthename.com, Retrieved: 1 July 2018
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|
|Fire Emblem Heroes|