|Fire Emblem Wiki will be temporarily closed to editing on Wednesday, 2 October from 1pm UTC/9am EST for approx. 2 hours, while MediaWiki software updates are performed. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.|
|“||Look, all that fightin' stuff's beyond me.||”|
— Tailtiu, on her father's actions
Tailtiu (Japanese: ティルテュ Tailto) was the middle child of Duke Reptor of the Friege dukedom of Grannvale. Uninterested in her father's avaricious schemes and opposition to the Chalphy family, she accompanied Duke Claud of Edda to Agustria as a bodyguard, and with him joined the army of Sigurd of Chalphy in fighting the Orgahil pirates, in exile to Silesse and in their ill-fated march on Grannvale to clear Sigurd's name.
Tailtiu survived the Battle of Belhalla, after which she fled to Silesse with her children, Arthur and Teeny. Though she successfully spent years in hiding there, she and Teeny were eventually discovered and captured by her brother Bloom, leaving Arthur behind; Tailtiu and Teeny were imprisoned and subjected to the care of Bloom's wife Hilda, whose years of constant abuse resulted in Tailtiu's death.
- 1 Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- 2 Fire Emblem Heroes
- 3 Personality and character
- 4 Love growths and events
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Other appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Etymology and other languages
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Six months into Sigurd's occupation of Agustria, Tailtiu accompanied Claud to Agustria to confer with Sigurd, where she expressed her disinterest in her father's behavior. She then followed Claud to Bragi Tower, and the two emerged from it after Sigurd defeated Chagall at Silvail Castle. With the Orgahil pirates running rampant in the area, she protected Claud until the two could return to Sigurd's group.
Starting stats and growth rates
Promotion stat gains
|Mage Fighter||+0||+3||+5||+3||+6||+0||+4||+5||+1||Adept||B A B C B|
Tailtiu is a situational unit who relies on high-risk, high-reward strategies to be the most effective. Her most notable feature is the Wrath skill, which dramatically raises her critical rate when below half HP. When active, Tailtiu can one-shot most enemies, but setting it up requires that she remain one hit away from death. Tailtiu is also restricted to foot movement before and after promotion, limiting her range and usefulness. Still, Tailtiu can be useful in providing extra magic damage to the mostly low Resistance foes she will go against. For experience gain, Tailtiu can pick up the extra levels she needs by rescuing all or most of the villagers in Chapter 4, as the players other units might not need the help by that point.
As a mother, Tailtiu's two magical children can vary drastically in quality. Azel provides the most straightforward boost to both Arthur and Teeny, granting both children Pursuit and minor Fjalar blood. Combined with Tailtiu's minor Thrud blood, Arthur and Teeny will have very solid Magic, Skill, and Speed on top of improved Fire and Thunder ranks. Lewyn is the other good magical option, effectively giving up on Teeny while turning Arthur into a god. Arthur is arguably the best user of Forseti (over Ced and Coipre) because he joins almost from the start and eventually picks up a horse. He will not have Pursuit, but the Forseti blood and tome give him enough Speed to activate Adept reliably. Claud, while he shows up with Tailtiu and is magic oriented, does not make a good father for either child. Arthur and Teeny cannot ever use staves so Claud's Blagi blood mostly goes to waste on them.
Tailtiu is one of the characters added to the game in the World of Holy War update, and became available for summoning by players on October 16, 2017. Only one variation of Tailtiu is currently available in Heroes, based on her Genealogy of the Holy War incarnation.
Although initially available exclusively at five-star rarity when initially added to the game and added to the four-star summoning pool after the end of her initial New Heroes summoning event, a three-star variation of Tailtiu was distributed to players who cleared her themed Four Heroes event map; a rarity pool shake-up on April 5, 2019 made Tailtiu available in three-star rarity via normal summoning.
★★★ ★★★★ ★★★★★
|Tome of Thoron||★★★★★||400 SP|
|Rally Resistance||★★★||100 SP|
|Rally Spd/Res||★★★★||300 SP|
|A||Attack +1||★★★||30 SP|
|A||Attack/Res 1||★★★★||80 SP|
|A||Attack/Res 2||★★★★★||160 SP|
|C||Spur Spd 1||★★★||50 SP|
|C||Drive Spd 1||★★★||120 SP|
|C||Drive Spd 2||★★★★||240 SP|
Personality and character
Prior to her incarceration, Tailtiu was upbeat, flighty, loud-mouthed, slightly short-tempered and blunt, willing to express her opinion on matters without caring for tact, particularly when bored. Despite her exterior, she was easily concerned about the opinions others held about her, particularly in the context of her father's status as the nemesis of her allies in Sigurd's army. She and Azel of Velthomer were close friends since their childhood.
Love growths and events
- In Chapter 4, if neither of them has a lover, Tailtiu can talk to Azel at any time, granting her +5 maximum HP and 100 love points between the pair.
- In Chapter 5, if the two are lovers, Tailtiu can talk to Claud, Lex or Azel after Phinora Castle has been seized. This conversation yields no reward.
|“||Father... I'm so sorry... [...] ! ...father...||”|
— Tailtiu, when fighting Reptor in Chapter 5 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||No! I can't take any more of this...!||”|
— Tailtiu, in Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||No! I can't take any more of this... ... <lover>, you nitwit!||”|
— Tailtiu, if married at her time of death in Genealogy of the Holy War.
- Main article: Tailtiu/Quotes (Heroes)
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
Fire Emblem Cipher
Tailtiu is currently featured on two cards in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Tailtiu|
|Free-spirited Daughter of Thunder, Tailtiu|
||"I just can't wrap my head around Father's schemes, y'know? Besides, I love the priest!"|
|Attack: 50||Support: 20||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Mage Fighter||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 3|
|Wrath: [Trigger] When this unit performs a Critical Hit while you have two or less cards in your Orb Area, draw a card.|
No! I... I can't take much more of this...: [Trigger] [Once per turn] [Discard a card] When this unit is defeated by an attack, you may pay the cost, if you do: Draw a card.
|Card #B06-043HN • Artist: Fumi|
|Lady of Friege, Tailtiu|
|"Stop chewing off the poor man's ear. I'm getting bored here."|
|Attack: 30||Support: 20||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 1|
|Class: Thunder Mage||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|Thunder Talent: [Activate] [Once per turn]  Until the end of this turn, this unit’s attack is increased by 10.|
Mage's Emblem: Draw 1 card, then discard 1 card.
|Card #B06-044N • Artist: Fumi|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Tailtiu .
- Tailtiu shares her class, weapon, skills and appearance with Anguilla of the Deadlords in the latter's Genealogy of the Holy War incarnation, suggesting that after Tailtiu's death, her body was used to create this particular incarnation of Anguilla.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Tailtiu||From Tailtiu or Tailltiu, a deity of Irish mythology.|
|• Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation patch.|
• Temporarily reverted back to her NOJ name in Gharnef's fan translation patch, but it was later changed back to Tiltyu.
• Modern spelling of Tailltiu, as above. Used in the "Project Naga" patch.
|Japanese||ティルテュ||Officially romanized as Tailto; from Tailtiu, as above. Romanized instead as Tiltue in the Super Tactics Book.|
- Serenes Forest: Character ages (non-canon)
- "Well, my mother fought with the liberation army. After the war we all fled to Silesse. But my mother and baby sister were taken from me, and this pendant is all I have left of her. I found out just recently that it was King Bloom who took them from me. I also found out that my mother had passed away but that my sister was still alive! YOU are my sister! I've come all the way from Silesse for you!" — Arthur, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Hilda: Hohoho, if it isn't Teeny. You're that woman's daughter, right? You're just as ungrateful as she was.
Teeny: Hilda... because of you, my mother...!
Hilda: Ah, she was an eyesore. I made her life a living hell! Hahaha, I had so much fun back then...
Teeny: ! I'll never forgive you...
Hilda: Well, don't we sound all grown up!? What can a little girl like you do to me? I'll send you to hell, just as I did her!" — Hilda and Teeny, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Heheheh... You're Tiltyu's kid, right? I drove that woman to her grave. You've come to avenge her death, have ya?" — Hilda, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Yo, Claud. Enough of your jabberin'. Let's get movin'. I'm bored outta my wits." — Tailtiu, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "I don't know. It's just that everyone acts kinda funny around me. And no one ever talks about my dad when I'm around." — Tailtiu, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Tailtiu: I need to ask you something.
Tailtiu: Is that okay? It's just that... Well, I've known you all my life, right? And I've got no one else I can talk to about this." — Tailtiu and Azel, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|
|Fire Emblem Heroes|