|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Discord: If you would like, please join our Discord server!
- This article is about the mini-boss from The Binding Blade. For the backstory character from Genealogy of the Holy War, see Galle (Genealogy of the Holy War).
|This page has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.|
|“||Knights of Bern! We strike now! Leave none alive! Don't even leave them time to scream in fear!||”|
Galle (pronounced /ɡɑl/[key]; Japanese: ゲイル Galle) is one of Murdock's subordinates and a secondary boss of Chapter 21 of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. Galle is a knight with much talent, and it is hinted that he could have been one of Bern's Wyvern Generals had he not been foreign-born; despite this, Murdock and Zephiel put their trust in Galle to be loyal to them. Upon Murdock making his last stand against Roy and his army, Galle serves as the leader of a group of late-stage reinforcements, but is not able to overcome Roy's army.
Galle can be unlocked for usage on the trial maps should the player beat the game from beginning to end twice.
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
- Stats with two figures separated by a ~ are presented as a range, representing stats that vary due to random growths. The figures to the left and right of the ~ are the stat's minimum and maximum possible values respectively.
Boss, Ch. 21 Normal Boss, Ch. 21 Hard Playable, Trial Maps
Galle is one of the characters added to the game in the Reality update, and was made available to players in the forty-ninth Grand Hero Battle, which initially ran from November 18, 2020 through November 26, 2020. Only one variation of Galle is currently available in Heroes, based on his The Binding Blade incarnation.
★★★ ★★★★ ★★★★★
|Guard Lance||★★★||200 SP|
|Guard Lance+||★★★★★||300 SP|
|Dragon Gaze||★★★||100 SP|
|Dragon Fang||★★★★||200 SP|
|A||Brazen Atk/Def 1||★★★||60 SP|
|A||Brazen Atk/Def 2||★★★★||120 SP|
|A||Brazen Atk/Def 3||★★★★★||240 SP|
|C||Odd Atk Wave 1||★★★||60 SP|
|C||Odd Atk Wave 2||★★★||120 SP|
|C||Odd Atk Wave 3||★★★★||240 SP|
Galle does not have a battle quote.
|“||I fought honorably... I accept my death... Zeiss... Melady...||”|
— Galle, in The Binding Blade.
- Main article: Galle/Quotes (Heroes)
Fire Emblem Cipher
Galle is currently featured on two cards in Fire Emblem Cipher.
- One of the below cards' epithets is still in raw, untranslated Japanese; it needs translation.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Galle|
|Patriotic Black Dragon Knight, Galle|
|"We both fight in our masters' names. That is all there is to know."|
|Attack: 50||Support: 30||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Wyvern Lord||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 2|
|Aerial Duel: [Always] If this unit is in combat with your opponent's Main Character, this unit gains +20 attack.|
Wyvern General's Talent: [Always] All allies who are both and acquire "Winged Deliverer". (Winged Deliverer: [Activate]  Choose 1 other ally, and move them.)
|Card #B16-036R • Artist: BISAI|
|"The king and General Murdock trust me, even though I'm not of Bern by birth. To ask any more would be nothing but greed."|
|Attack: 30||Support: 30||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 1|
|Class: Wyvern Rider||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|Influence Second to the Wyvern Generals: [Activate] [Once per turn]  Until the end of the turn, this unit gains +30 attack.|
Flying Emblem: [Support] Choose 1 ally, aside from your attacking unit. You may move that ally.
|Card #B16-037N • Artist: BISAI|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Gale .
|The Binding Blade||A wyvern rider of Bern. Melady's
lover and Zeiss's mentor.*
|Heroes||Considered by many to be the strongest Wyvern
Lord of Bern's army, he is loyal to the leader of
the Wyvern Generals, Murdock. Appears in Fire
Emblem: The Binding Blade.
- Galle is the only character unlockable in the Trial Maps to have been fought as a boss in the main story and gain an affinity as a playable character. The other unlockable Trial Map characters to have affinities—Hector, Eliwood, and Guinivere—were never fought as bosses.
- Galle's character data is located in the middle of the playable story cast and not among either the trial map-exclusive characters or the bosses. Reports of the content of early story drafts of The Binding Blade seem to support the idea that he was at one point supposed to be recruitable instead of dying in Chapter 21.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Popularized by Serenes Forest. Derived from the Middle English gaile "jovial"; considered masculine prior to 1935, but came to be considered a feminine name and a shortening of "Abigail" by 1940. May have been used by fan translations to attempt to avert confusion with Galle, a major backstory character from Genealogy of the Holy War.
Officially romanized as Galle.
Alteration of the English name, possibly to make it less feminine.
Likely changed as Galle is a German word meaning "gall" or "bile".
Artwork of Galle from The Binding Blade.
- "Origin———————————————Eturia" — xkan, Fire Emblem 6: Galle Artbook Translation, kantopia.wordpress.com, Published: October 5 2014, Retrieved: January 28 2020
- Galle in Fire Emblem Heroes
- Meaning, origin and history of the name Gallus, Behind the Name, Retrieved: November 22, 2020
|Fire Emblem Heroes|