This article contains information about an as-of-yet unreleased game or expansion. Because of this, the information may be speculative, and may change drastically as new information becomes revealed. Please refrain from adding rumors or other unconfirmed information.
This page has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
Dominion of Fódlan is split between three major powers: the Adrestian Empire to the south, the Kingdom of Faerghus to the north, and the Leicester Alliance to the east. Fódlan's three superpowers were once locked in turmoil and war, but they currently exist in relative harmony.
Garreg Mach Monastery
- Main article: Garreg Mach Monastery
Located in the neutral mountain range at the center of the continent is the Garreg Mach Monastery (Japanese: ガルガ＝マク大修導院 Garreg Mach Monastery), which houses the Church of Seiros and the Officer's Academy. At the Officer's Academy there are three houses, the Black Eagles, Blue Lions, and Golden Deer. Students from all three powers attend the academy.
- Main article: Adrestia
The Adrestian Empire (Japanese: アドラステア帝国 Adrestia Empire) comprises the southern half of Fódlan and has endured for the past 1,000 years. Edelgard, heiress to the empire, and the members of the Black Eagles house hail from here.
- Main article: Faerghus
The Holy Kingdom of Faerghus (Japanese: ファーガス神聖王国 Holy Kingdom of Faerghus) is located in the north and is ruled by the royal family and its loyal knights. Prince Dimitri and the members of the Blue Lions house hail from this frigid region.
- Main article: Leicester
The Leicester Alliance (Japanese: レスター諸侯同盟領 Leicester Alliance) is a league of nobles located in the east that bend their knee to neither king nor emperor. Claude, leader-to-be of the alliance, and members of the Golden Deer house hail from this region.
- A boss appearing in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Fotla, also has her name derived from the same Irish goddess as this continent.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Fódlan||Derived from Fódla, an old Irish goddess whose name is used as a poetic name for Ireland.|
|Japanese||フォドラ||Officially romanized as Fódlan. From Fódla, as above. The version of the world map appearing in E3 2018 materials instead romanized the continent's name as Fodra.|
- "Once consumed by a tempest of war and turmoil, Fódlan and these three mighty powers now exist in relative harmorny." — Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 - Nintendo Switch, Youtube.com
- "The game takes place on Fódlan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and its people." — Fire Emblem: Three Houses revealed for Nintendo Switch, rpgsite.net, Published: June 12 2018, Retrieved: June 12 2018
- "In the south lies a region long held by a more than 1,000-year-old dynasty, the Adrestrian Empire." — Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 - Nintendo Switch, Youtube.com
- "Beyond its borders, to the fridgid north, is the home of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus, ruled by the royal family and its knights." — Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 - Nintendo Switch, Youtube.com
- "To the east, a league of nobles that heeds no king nor emperor rules what is called the Leicester Alliance." — Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 - Nintendo Switch, Youtube.com
|Fire Emblem: Three Houses|