|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on !
|This page has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.|
In the ages before the foundation of the Adrestian Empire, there took place a legend involving ten heroes that fought against a man known as the Liberation King Nemesis. Afterwards, the Church of Seiros is said to have aided in establishing the Adrestian Empire. At its founding, the Empire held dominion across the entire continent.
Adrestia's grip on the land did not last. At some point, the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus and the Leicester Alliance split into their own domains, severing themselves from Adrestia; this plunged continent into war and bloodshed.
Now, dominion of Fódlan remains split by those three powers. The Church of Seiros continues to be the primary faith of Fódlan, and exercises great power over the continent and its people. The Church uses its great influence to maintain peace between the powers.
Garreg Mach Monastery
- Main article: Garreg Mach Monastery
Located in the neutral mountain range at the center of the continent is the Garreg Mach Monastery, which houses the Church of Seiros and the Officers Academy. At the Officers Academy there are three houses, the Black Eagles, Blue Lions, and Golden Deer. Students from all three powers attend the academy.
- Main article: Adrestia
The Adrestian Empire in the modern day comprises the southern half of Fódlan and has endured for the past 1,000 years; it once held dominion of the entire continent. The imperial bloodline in Adrestia carries the crest of Seiros in its veins. While Adrestia has lost its absolute dominion of the mainlaind, the kingdom of Brigid, situated on the archipelago to the west of Adrestia, is subservient to it.
- Main article: Faerghus
The Holy Kingdom of Faerghus is located in the north and is ruled by the royal family and its loyal knights.
- Main article: Leicester
The Leicester Alliance is a league of nobles located in the east that bend their knee to neither king nor emperor.
- A boss appearing in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Fotla, also has her name derived from the same Irish goddess as this continent.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Fódlan||Derived from Fódla, an old Irish goddess whose name is used as a poetic name for Ireland.|
|Japanese||フォドラ||Officially romanized as Fódlan. From Fódla, as above. The version of the world map appearing in E3 2018 materials instead romanized the continent's name as Fodra.|
|Korean||포드라||A potential rendering of "Fódla".|
|Simplified Chinese||芙朵拉||A potential rendering of "Fódla".|
|Traditional Chinese||芙朵拉||A potential rendering of "Fódla".|
- Nintendo, Fire Emblem Three Houses - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018, YouTube, Published: June 12 2018, Retrieved: June 12 2018
- "The Church of Seiros, which is deeply rooted in Fódlan, was founded by the Divine Seiros. In the distant past, they fought against the Liberation King Nemesis during the War of Heroes, to restore order to Fódlan. It’s said they helped to establish the Adrestian Empire as well." — VincentASM, Three Houses: Second Famitsu Article (Skills, Crests, Battalions and Academy), Serenesforest.net, Published: May 15th 2019, Retrieved: May 16th 2019
- "As time passed, the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus became independent, and later the Leciester Alliance split off as well. A long war was fought over supremacy. However, in the present era, the nations exist in equilibrium and it’s largely thanks to the Church of Seiros." — VincentASM, Three Houses: Second Famitsu Article (Skills, Crests, Battalions and Academy), Serenesforest.net, Published: May 15th 2019, Retrieved: May 16th 2019
- "The game takes place on Fódlan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and its people." — Fire Emblem: Three Houses revealed for Nintendo Switch, rpgsite.net, Published: June 12 2018, Retrieved: June 12 2018
- "Once consumed by a tempest of war and turmoil, Fódlan and these three mighty powers now exist in relative harmorny." — Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 - Nintendo Switch, Youtube.com
- "In the south lies a region long held by a more than 1,000-year-old dynasty, the Adrestrian Empire." — Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 - Nintendo Switch, Youtube.com
- "Beyond its borders, to the fridgid north, is the home of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus, ruled by the royal family and its knights." — Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 - Nintendo Switch, Youtube.com
- "To the east, a league of nobles that heeds no king nor emperor rules what is called the Leicester Alliance." — Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 - Nintendo Switch, Youtube.com
- Fódla - Oxford Reference, www.oxfordreference.com, Retrieved: 17 May 2019