Lost Lore is a game mode in Fire Emblem Heroes. It is a game mode where players send out characters to scout the series' realms in order to restore part of the Heroes' Saga, the chronicle that allows the Order of Heroes to know about the series' source realms.
There are two variants to this mode; the main variant is known as simply Lost Lore, while a shortened and simplified variant of this mode is known as Lost Lore: Spoils. The Spoils variant notably has a different story involving recouping the Order of Heroes' finances and features the realms of Heroes's own world.
There are two types of gameplay in this mode, the Scout and the Strike. Both types of gameplay are largely hands-off, in that player input is generally limited to character selection. The Spoils variant features only Scout, it does not include Strike.
The Scout works similarly to modes such as the Merc Missions of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Players choose two characters to send out into the field, and one of three options as to how many Lore Lines are targeted to be recovered by the team. The more Lore Lines targeted for recovery, the farther the progress bar will fill, but the longer a single dispatch will last with the maximum 20 Lore Line target equating a 20 hour mission; progress bar progress can be augmented by sending out characters native to the source realm. If a player sends out two characters native to the source realm on a maximum-target mission, it should be enough to completely fill the progress bar in Act 1.
Initially, players may send out only one team at a time; however, recovering enough Lore Lines will unlock the ability to send out two teams at once, and later on three teams at once.
A single scouting target's completion yields an Orb. In the main variant of the mode, in addition to the Orb, a target's completion also yields one page of the Heroes' Saga. Events in the main variant includes four Scout missions, which in the main variant comprise the first four Acts of the realm's portion of the Heroes' Saga; in the Spoils event, all five missions are Scout missions.
Once the four Scout missions have been completed, the event's Strike mission will unlock. Players send out four characters on Strike missions, where the team will do battle against a team of four mysterious opponents. A hint is given as to what type of character a player should send into a Strike.
Strike battles take three turns, after which more information about the opponents becomes known. Revealed opponents will make usage of their character icons from one of their games of origin. Repeating the strike mission will reveal more information about the battle's opponents. Successfully completing the Strike mission will yield an Orb and the final page of the realm's portion of the Heroes' Saga.
As players recover more Lore Lines, they receive rewards based from the below tables. This is in addition to both fixed and random rewards from the Scout and Strike missions.
- Note: Divine Code: Ephemera items were not available prior to the fifth event of the main variant.
List of Lost Lore events
Unlike most game modes, details about further main-variant events up through the twelfth are known due to information pertaining to them being added to the game alongside the mode itself.
- It is known that there is an upcoming main variant event that begins on June 1, 2020 with no end date announced; however, it is currently unknown which of the remaining seven main variant events it is.
- Note: All date ranges begin at 7:00 AM UTC on the first listed date and end at 6:59 AM UTC on the second listed date.
|List of Lost Lore (main variant) events|
|White Rose and Sable Knight||World of Mystery||Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light
Mystery of the Emblem
New Mystery of the Emblem
|August 13, 2019-September 3, 2019||Script||Shadow Dragon is stated as a game to yield bonuses, but no characters were credited to that game at the time of this event|
Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light is not stated as a game to yield bonuses (Shadow Dragon is stated in its place), but the lone character credited to that game at the time of this event, Wrys, does yield bonuses when selected
Contrary to what the usage of "World of Mystery" would otherwise imply, the Strike opponents' icons are based off Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light
|One of True Sight||World of Blades||The Binding Blade
|September 14, 2019-October 5, 2019||Script||--|
|The Martyr Exalt||World of Awakening||Awakening||November 13, 2019-December 4, 2019||Script||--|
|His Inner Strength||World of Shadows||Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||January 25, 2020-February 15, 2020||Script||--|
|Life Returns||World of Radiance||Path of Radiance
|March 26, 2020-April 15, 2020||Script||--|
|Unannounced||World of Holy War||Genealogy of the Holy War
|Unannounced||World of Holy War||Genealogy of the Holy War
|Unannounced||World of Blades||The Binding Blade
|Unannounced||The Sacred World||The Sacred Stones||Dates unknown||--|
|Unannounced||World of Radiance||Path of Radiance
|Unannounced||World of Fates||Fates||Dates unknown||--|
|Unannounced||World of Crests||Three Houses||Dates unknown||--|
|List of Lost Lore: Spoils events|
|Spoils of Heroes||August 13, 2019-September 3, 2019||Script||--|
|For Lost Lore: Spoils events, Heroes original characters are the ones yielding bonuses when deployed.|
- Lost Lore does not treat all of the established source realms in the same fashion as other areas of the game, tending to roll games taking place in the same world and close proximity in timeframe together:
- New Mystery of the Emblem's world, the World of Mystery Renewed, has been rolled into Mystery of the Emblem's World of Mystery. (Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Shadow Dragon have not had their worlds named as of yet, but these are also rolled into the World of Mystery as far as Lost Lore is concerned.) Awakening's World of Awakening remains separate due to the sizable gap in timeframe in between the stories.
- Thracia 776's world name, World of Thracia, is not used; it is instead rolled into Genealogy of the Holy War's World of Holy War.
- The Binding Blade's world, World of Binding, and Fire Emblem's world, World of Blazing, have been rolled into a single world called World of Blades
- Radiant Dawn's world name, World of Dawn, is not used; it is instead rolled into Path of Radiance's World of Radiance.
- The two world names corresponding to the Fates world, Hoshido's World of Birthright and Nohr's World of Conquest, are not used; the worlds have been rolled into a single world called World of Fates. (Any as-yet-unnamed world corrsponding to Valla is also considered to be rolled into the World of Fates as far as Lost Lore is concerned.)
- On the flip side, Three Houses's world name, World of Crests, was actually revealed through the resources for this event; neither a Heroes in-game chapter nor the name of a summoning event had revealed it previously.
- The world of Heroes itself is named differently in Lost Lore: Spoils, World of Heroes, than elsewhere in the game, World of Zenith.
|Fire Emblem Heroes|