|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Discord: If you would like, please join our Discord server!
Coverage update: Vestaria Saga I: War of the Scions is now to be included in our coverage, located within the
|“||When it died... I heard its voice call out... It called out a name... Nergal. Did you hear its voice? Sorrow... It was filled with a terrible sorrow.||”|
— Nils talking about Kishuna
Kishuna is a mysterious enemy character that appears throughout Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade, their true intentions are unknown, but Kishuna has a tendency to appear before Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector during their travels.
Kishuna's first appearance is in chapter 18xE/19xH, much to Aion's chagrin. Kishuna's presence also seems to have a negative effect on Lyn's and Hector's moods before he appears. Kishuna is accompanied by some morph allies, though Kishuna makes no particular acts of aggression other than appearing. The morph companions, however, will attack anyone that comes near. Aion seems to be familiar with Kishuna, but it is unknown how he came to know of the magic seal. Defeating Kishuna here is one of the requirements for proceeding to chapter 19x pt 2, if he is defeated here Kisuna does not die and warps out.
Kishuna's next appearance is in chapter 22xE/23xH. Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector fall into underground ruins in the desert on their travels to meet Athos. If the game is in Hector mode Kishuna has a flashback recalling his creation by Nergal, this flashback does not occur if Eliwood mode is being played. Kishuna is once again accompanied by several morphs. Hector, Nils, and Pent discuss the thick feeling in the air caused by Kishuna. Once again, Kishuna vanishes after being attacked without saying a word.
Lastly, Kishuna appears in chapter 32x, Nils mentions that his magic sealing aura no longer feels hostile and instead is filled with sorrow. The lords defeat Kishuna's morph companions, and, finally, kill Kishuna himself. According to Nils, Kishuna's last words were calling out Nergal's name.
Personality and character
Kishuna is very much a character that keeps to himself, not speaking a single word until his death. Considering his last word was Nergal's name, Kishuna seems to have still held some feelings towards Nergal after being rejected.
— Kishuna, all appearances
— Kishuna, all appearances
- Kishuna is the only morph not explicitly modeled after a specific human to have an affinity.
- In the two prototypes Kishuna uses Ein's portrait from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
- Nergal specifically mentions that Kishuna is his 252nd morph, though this specific number was omitted in the localization.
- There is an unused CG in Fire Emblem that may also feature Kishuna. The CGs appearing in Hector mode only are mostly separated from the main story's CGs internally and ordered chronologically by themselves; with the order being chapter 18's Lyn and Hector CG, chapter 19x pt 2's Ninian, Nils and Nergal CG, chapter 22xE/23xH's Kishuna's creation CG, but then chapter 32x re-uses the CG that first appears in chapter 22xE/23xH; even though there is another CG after the others and before the other endgame CGs. The unused CG is also much more fitting for the scene, as during the flashback in 32x Nergal is rejecting Kisuna due to uselessness, not witnessing Kishuna's creation again.
- The theme "Rise to the Challenge" is internally set to play when the player engages in battle with Kishuna during gameplay, but it can not be heared when fighting him due to his lack of animations.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
CG appearing in chapter 23x, Hector mode only, featuring Kishuna's creation.
- "お前は、私が初めて感情を与えたモルフ。 素体０２５２ではふさわしくあるまい。" — Nergal (Japanese release), Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Wha-What?! The magic power of this place... The source is... distorted... I... I can’t use any of my magic!" — Aion, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Now that you mention it, I was so irritable... I couldn't let even the smallest thing go by without complaining. ...What could that have been? The Black Fang couldn't use magic either. So it wasn't an ally of theirs..." — Lyn, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "A magic– That good-for-nothing has shown his face?! Curses... I’d not forseen this!!" — Aion, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Pent:...Something strange is here. I can feel it in the air.
Nils: Yes! You're right. It feels... thick!
Hector: This strange feeling... I know it... I've felt it before. Back on Valor.
Nils: On the Dread Isle?
Hector: Mm. We first felt it in some ruins near the Dragon's Gate. It was... a prickly feeling that rubbed us all the wrong way. Then, suddenly, everyone's magic stopped working." — Hector, Pent and Nils, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "What's going on? It feels different than last time. In the desert, its energy felt so hostile... Now, it feels more like ...sorrow?" — Nils, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "But it was still a morph. When it died... I heard its voice call out... It called out a name... Nergal. Did you hear its voice? Sorrow... It was filled with a terrible sorrow." — Nils, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "You are the only morph to whom I’ve given emotions. It won’t suffice simply to refer to you as a number. " — Nergal (English release), Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|