|“||I can see other things... useful things. I can tell you what weapons to take into battle, as well as who should wield them. Things of that nature.||”|
Hannah's primary gameplay role is as one of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade's two augury characters. Hannah also alerts the player when the weather is about to change during certain battles. Hannah takes the mantle for the initial half of the game, though she leaves when the party reaches Bern and is replaced by Nils. Hannah charges a small fee for her services while Nils does his predictions for free. Hannah's advice, including tips on how to recruit certain characters, is of the most use to new players.
Hannah reappears in chapter 14 and directly approaches Eliwood, claiming to seek the boy in search of his father. Hector is annoyed by her presence though Eliwood allows her to speak regardless. Eliwood immediately asks if her powers of prophecy can tell him the location of his father, but she states she cannot. Instead, she claims she can provide advice and predictions for upcoming battles. Hector is still incredulous, though Eliwood allows Hannah to accompany them in hopes of any small thing that will aid him in finding his missing father.
Hannah eventually leaves the party of her own volition due to the numerous stressful situations she has had to endure. Her ultimate fate is not elaborated as she does not have any character endings.
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
Personality and character
Hannah is not afraid to voice her complaints of her dangerous working conditions. Her true reasons for accompanying Eliwood are unknown, it is possible she simply wanted a source of income, as she charges for her services, though it is never explicitly stated. Regardless of her reasons, she eventually leaves the group on her own when she deems things have become too dangerous and she has endured enough of the hardships of travel already.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Hannah||From the Hebrew name חַנָּה (Channah) meaning "favour, grace", derived from the root חָנַן (chanan).|
|Japanese||ハンナ||Hanna or Hannah|
Hannah's portrait in The Blazing Blade.
- "Mmm... My bones ache... The signs point to rain, yes? Watch yourselves." — Hannah, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Would you try this for me? It's an invention of a great witch! Me! It's a mine. It contains some very explosive magic. Hide it on the ground, and when an enemy steps on it... KA-BOOOOM!!! Hee hee hee..." — Hannah, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "I want to see the one searching for his father. Marquess Pherae's son." — Hannah, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Hector: Listen up, old woman! You're close to death as it is! Quit your yammering and move on!
Eliwood: Hector! You should mind your manners. I am Eliwood. May I ask your name, milady?" — Eliwood and Hector to Hannah, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Hector: Don't tell me you believe any of this.
Eliwood: I have no reason to believe or disbelieve in Hannah's powers. But I'll not rule out anything if it helps me find my father." — Eliwood and Hector, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- Behind the Name: Meaning, origin and history of the name Hannah, www.behindthename.com, Retrieved: 2 January 2019
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|