|“||As you wish.||”|
— Limstella to Nergal
Limstella (Japanese: リムステラ Limstella) was a powerful morph and sage appearing in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade, they were created by Nergal. Nergal claimed that they were his masterpiece, and his most powerful morph.
Their final appearance is in Chapter 30E/32H: Victory or Death, where they are killed, despite being granted with immense power by Nergal shortly beforehand, by Eliwood's, Hector's, and Lyn's combined forces.
- Stats with two figures separated by a ~ are presented as a range, representing stats that vary due to random growths. The figures to the left and right of the ~ are the stat's minimum and maximum possible values respectively.
Normal Eliwood Hard Hector Hard
- In Normal Mode, Limstella uses the morph variant of the Sage class; in Hard Mode, she uses the female one.
Personality and character
Limstella, like most other known morphs, is distant, calculating, and eternally loyal to master and creator Nergal. They do not outwardly express any emotions, and follows Nergal's every command without question.
Limsella conducts interactions with subordinates in a formal and impersonal manner. They keep their tone neutral and states things plainly even when informing others of their failures. Sonia seems to have been the only person to come anywhere close to provoking a reaction from Limstella. If Limstella is present to witness Sonia's death in the conclusion of Night of Farewells, Limstella makes a comment that "Puppets have no essence to harvest."; "puppet" is a rather informal word for Limstella to use, though it is a word Sonia herself would use often when berating morphs.
Limstella may possess some unintended emotional capacity, which can be gleaned from speculation stated by Canas and Renault, as well as their dying words. In particular, they express sorrow during their death. While it is technically ambiguous as to what they are sorrowful about, it is likely to be due to their time in service to Nergal has ended.
|“||I will take your life and your essence. All for the sake of my master.||”|
|“||I am not human. This body and this heart are constructs. Yes, as is this sorrow.||”|
Fire Emblem Cipher
Limstella is currently featured on one card in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Limstella|
|"I will take your life and your essence. All for the sake of my master."|
|Attack: 60||Support: 50||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 4|
|Class: Sage||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 3|
|Life Drain: [Support] Destroy one allied non-Main Character unit, except for the unit currently battling.|
|Card #B07-048HN • Artist: cuboon|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Limstella .
|The Blazing Blade||The strongest of the
morphs Nergal created.
- Limstella is one of only two bosses in The Blazing Blade whose stats differ between the Normal and Hard difficulties in Eliwood's tale, the other being Fargus. In Limstella's case, this is presumably due to an internal oversight in assigning their class.
- In the two leaked Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade prototypes, 0206 and 0219, Limstella has a Fortify staff in their inventory alongside their Bolting and Fimbulvetr tomes in their boss appearance.
- Limstella is the first character in Fire Emblem Cipher to be genderless, owing to their nature as a morph.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Aside from the fact that the -stella suffix is generally feminine, uncertain etymology.
Officially romanised as Limstella.
- "I have given you magic stronger than any seen on the continent. Through this magic, you have gained much power. Perfect strength and perfect beauty. You are my masterpiece, Limstella." — Nergal, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Eliwood is still alive. Lord Nergal's orders have not yet been fulfilled." — Limstella to Sonia, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Ursula: Limste--my lady Limstella. I am prepared. The only reward for failure is death. However, I must give my report to Lady Sonia...
Limstella: That won't be necessary.
Ursula: Urrgh!!" — Limstella to Ursula, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Limstella: Sonia.
Sonia: ... ...Lea-- Leave me... ...accursed puppet ... Lord Nergal... ...Aah ...help...me.
Limstella:Puppets have no essence to harvest. You no longer have any use to Lord Nergal...
Sonia: What!? ...What...did... What are you... I am human..." — Limstella and Sonia, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Canas: Yes. I am dreadfully curious to know. The Elimineans say that all creatures possess souls... All those created by the gods, that is. But what of those created by man? And these manufactured beings... do they dream? Do they think–and suffer–as we do? Or must their emotions be... crafted... by another?
Canas: ...... Before... I would have said that I do not know... But now, perhaps I do... Morphs... do have souls... That is what I believe...
Renault: ...That is not a bad answer." — Renault and Canas, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Yes, as is this sorrow." — Limstella, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|