|“||As you wish.||”|
— Limstella to Nergal
Limstella (Japanese: リムステラ Limstella) was a powerful morph and sage appearing in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade, she was created by Nergal. Nergal claimed that she was his masterpiece, and his most powerful morph.
Her final appearance is in Chapter 30E/32H: Victory or Death, where she is killed, despite being granted with immense power by Nergal shortly beforehand, by Eliwood's, Hector's, and Lyn's combined forces.
Eliwood & Hector Normal Mode Eliwood Hard Mode Hector Hard Mode
- Limstella is erroneously assigned the normal Sage class, instead of the morph variant, in Eliwood and Hector hard modes; this is why her defensive stats and constitution are lower in those modes, as they are hitting the class' defensive stat caps.
Personality and character
Limstella, like most other known morphs, is cold, calculating, and eternally loyal to master and creator Nergal. She does not outwardly express any emotions, and follows Nergal's every command.
However, as speculated by Canas and Renault, as well as her dying words, she seems to have some emotional capability. In particular, she expresses sorrow during her death. While it is technically ambiguous as to what she is sorrowful about, one assumption could be is that she wishes she could have served Nergal longer. Otherwise, Sonia seems to have been the only person to come anywhere close to provoking a reaction from Limstella. As Sonia lay dying, Limstella makes a comment that "Puppets have no essence to harvest.", "puppet" is a rather informal word for Limstella to use, though it is a word Sonia herself would use often when berating Limsetlla.
|“||I will take your life and your essence. All for the sake of my master.||”|
|“||I am not human. This body and this heart are constructs. Yes, as is this sorrow.||”|
Fire Emblem Cipher
Limstella is currently featured on one card in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Limstella|
||"I will take your life and your essence. All for the sake of my master."|
|Attack: 60||Support: 50||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 4|
|Class: Sage||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 3|
|Life Drain: [Support] Destroy one allied non-Main Character unit, except for the unit currently battling.|
|Card #B07-048HN • Artist: cuboon|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Limstella .
- Limstella is one of only two bosses in Fire Emblem whose stats differ between the Normal and Hard difficulties in Eliwood's tale, the other being Fargus. In Limstella's case, this is presumably due to an internal oversight in assigning her class.
- In the two leaked Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade prototypes, 0205 and 0219, Limstella has a Fortify staff in her inventory alongside her Bolting and Fimbulvetr tomes in her boss appearance.
- Limstella is the first character in Fire Emblem Cipher to be genderless, owing to her nature as a morph.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Limstella||Aside from the fact that the -stella suffix is generally feminine, uncertain etymology.|
|Japanese||リムステラ||Officially romanised as Limstella.|
- "I have given you magic stronger than any seen on the continent. Through this magic, you have gained much power. Perfect strength and perfect beauty. You are my masterpiece, Limstella." — Nergal, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Canas: Yes. I am dreadfully curious to know. The Elimineans say that all creatures possess souls... All those created by the gods, that is. But what of those created by man? And these manufactured beings... do they dream? Do they think–and suffer–as we do? Or must their emotions be... crafted... by another?
Canas: ...... Before... I would have said that I do not know... But now, perhaps I do... Morphs... do have souls... That is what I believe...
Renault: ...That is not a bad answer." — Renault and Canas, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Yes, as is this sorrow." — Limstella, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
Sonia:... ...Lea-- Leave me... ...accursed puppet ... Lord Nergal... ...Aah ...help...me.
Limstella:Puppets have no essence to harvest. You no longer have any use to Lord Nergal...
Sonia:What!? ...What...did... What are you... I am human..." — Limstella and Sonia, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|