|“||I offer relief to those who hurt inside, and yet, I, too, am...afflicted... I strive daily to overcome this curse... ...but still I am weak.||”|
— Lucius to Renault during a support conversation.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- 3 Fire Emblem Heroes
- 4 Personality and character
- 5 Supports
- 6 Endings
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Other appearances
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Etymology and other languages
- 11 Gallery
- 12 References
Lucius grew up in an orphanage after his father, a mercenary, was killed by a thief and his mother passed away of illness. He endured many hardships at the orphanage, including poverty, an abusive instructor, and bullying from his peers due to his feminine appearance.
Eventually, Lucius decided to become a monk, and during his travels became a retainer of House Cornwell. There he met Raymond, who would become his closest friend. After the destruction of House Cornwell, Lucius began traveling with a vengeance-driven Raymond, now know as 'Raven'.
Lucius is the only playable Monk in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. He is playable in both Lyn's, Eliwood's, and Hector's tales. The game's tutorial uses Lucius to explain Light magic's place in the trinity of magic.
Lucius takes notice of the nearby commotion when Nils is thrown out of the local inn after looking for help to locate Ninian. When a member of the Black Fang threatens Nils Lucius steps up and defeats him. Lucius then joins Lyn to look for Ninian.
Lucius reappears, with Raven, in Caelin during Chapter 16 of Eliwood's story or Chapter 17 of Hector's story. Raven will speak with the Black Fang guard outside the cell, mentioning that he has a grudge against Ostia, and thus Hector, and convinces the guard to let him out to fight Hector and Eliwood. Lucius objects to this, but Raven tells him to stay in the cell for his own safety.
During turn 7 the imprisoned Caelin soldiers accompanying Lucius, having noticed that Lyn has returned with reinforcements, take out keys and weapons from a hidden place in the cell and let themselves out. Lucius opts not to leave and instead remains in the cell to wait for Raven's return. The Caelin soldiers are sympathetic and give him supplies to defend himself and leave.
Once Priscilla has spoken to Raven he can return to Lucius's cell and convince him to come along with Eliwood's and Hector's group.
Starting stats and growth rates
- Note: Lucius has the same starting stats in Eliwood/Hector's tale if he was defeated during Lyn's tale.
Promotion stat gains
Lucius is one of the characters added to the game in the Blazing Shadows update, and became available for summoning by players on March 14, 2017. Only one variation of Lucius is currently available in Heroes, based on his The Blazing Blade incarnation.
★★★ ★★★★ ★★★★★
|A||HP +3||★★★||40 SP|
|A||HP +4||★★★★||80 SP|
|A||HP +5||★★★★★||160 SP|
Personality and character
As expected of a follower of St. Elimine, Lucius is a gentle, understanding man who believes in healing the suffering of others, such as his dear friend Raven.
He has had his own share of hardship in regards to the passing of his parents and his early life in an orphanage . In the orphanage, Lucius was teased for his feminine appearance, memories that he still recalls in his support conversations. Even when somebody reminds him of his difficult past, Lucius remains polite and kind, and is more concerned for others than himself.
During stressful situations Lucius has a condition, that his bishop has called a "sickness of the soul", where he will become greatly distressed. During these attacks he will pale and appears to have trouble speaking.
- Main article: Lucius/Supports
Lucius, The Traveling Monk
Lucius studies in Caelin for a time, but he departs after receiving summons to another land. He has since been seen traveling with a hard-eyed mercenary.
Lucius, The Light
Lucius lived a modest life in a remote corner of Araphen. He built a small orphanage, where he now cares for helpless children.
Lucius and Raven
After the conflict, Raven revealed his past to Hector. Hector offered to rebuild Raven's home, but Raven refused. He and Lucius travel as mercenaries, but Lucius is pleased to see his friend's heart has been eased.
|“||My apologies... I must withdraw. I do not want to burden you...||”|
— Lucius in Lyn's tale.
|“||Lord Raymond... May your future be bathed in light...||”|
— Lucius in Eliwood/Hector's tale.
|“||Blessed Saint Elimine, please grant us a miracle...||”|
— In the final chapter.
- Main article: Lucius/Quotes (Heroes)
Fire Emblem Cipher
Lucius is currently featured on two cards in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Lucius|
|The Light, Lucius|
||"Saint Elimine, thank you for this miracle."|
|Attack: 50||Support: 20||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Bishop||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 2|
|Divine: [Activate] [Once per turn]  Until the end of this turn, this unit's attack is increased by 20.|
Beautiful Holy Light: [Trigger] When this unit attacks a non-lord enemy and "Divine" was used this turn, until the end of this battle, this unit's attack cannot be evaded.
|Card #B07-022R • Artist: Maki Hakoda|
|Kind-Hearted Monk, Lucius|
|"The blessings of St. Elimine be upon you."|
|Attack: 30||Support: 20||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 1|
|Class: Monk||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|Faithful Vassal: [Activate]  Until the end of this turn, your ally “Raven” and "Priscilla" gain 10 attack.|
Miracle Emblem: [Support] Until the end of this combat, your opponent’s attacking unit cannot perform a Critical Hit.
|Card #B07-023N • Artist: Maki Hakoda|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Lucius .
- Although Lucius does not appear in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, his ending states he built an orphanage in Araphen. Lugh, Chad, Raigh, and other small children are stated to have lived in an orphanage in Araphen; it is possible that Lucius's orphanage and the Araphen orphanage are one and the same, though this is not confirmed.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Lucius||A masculine name with usage in English and Ancient Roman culture. Is is derived from the Latin word lux, meaning "light." Two Etruscan kings of early Rome had this name, in addition to Lucius Annaeus Seneca, a statesman, philosopher, orator and tragedian. The name is mentioned briefly in the New Testament belonging to a Christian in Antioch, and has been used by three popes, including Saint Lucius.|
|Japanese||ルセア||Officially romanized as Ruthea.|
Artwork of Lucius from The Blazing Blade.
- "I was born in Etruria." — Lucius to Serra in a support conversation, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Forgive me, son. In those days... I only thought of myself... I trespassed against many in my singular drive to regain the friend I lost...and to satiate my own...monstrous greed. I even sacrificed... the lives of others... Forgive me... Please...forgive...me...... [...] But you... You cannot know the evil I have wrought... I did it! I killed your father..." — Renault, apologizing to Lucius for the death of his father., Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "I... I grew up in an orphanage... and I faced much grief in that place... Poverty and despair can eat one's very soul... There was one teacher there who was particularly cruel to me... Even now... I pray that this evil man might be led away from darkness..." — Lucius, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Priscilla:You are--how can I say this?--beautiful. Your face is like a woman's... No... Your face is even more beautiful than that of a woman... ...I'm sure even a few lords must have fallen for you...
Lucius:You...must understand. I am...a man. As a child, I was often teased for my appearance, and I have never once profited from it." — Lucius and Priscilla's B support, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Lucius:My father was a soldier for hire. He died...when I was three.
Serra:Ohh... Then... How did you live?
Lucius:My mother died shortly after of a wasting sickness. When she breathed her last... they took me in at the orphanage, where I spent several years..." — Lucius and Serra's A support, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|
|Fire Emblem Heroes|