|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on !
|“||One day, as I charted the mysteries of Nabata, I came across the most amazing village... It was unbelievable, but in that place, humans and dragons lived together in cooperation.||”|
- For more context see the timeline of Elibe.
Arcadia was founded by dragons and humans that did not wish to partake in the Scouring. To avoid the war, a hidden village deep in the desert was created and hidden by sandstorms. It successfully remained a secret to the majority of the outside world for a millennia after the scouring.
Some 500 years after the Scouring, Nergal and Athos came across the village in their wanderings of the Nabata wastelands. Welcomed by the villagers, they settled in the village to study the ancient dragon knowledge held within. Eventually, Nergal's studies take a turn down a darker path and he and Athos have a moral quarrel, resulting in a fight between the two. Nergal, gravely injured by Athos, abandons the village and returns to his work in secret, never sullying Arcadia with his presence again.
During the Disturbance of Bern the village was discovered and attacked by Bern, to which the Lycian Alliance aided in defending the village. After the succesful repulsion, Igrene, the current guardian of the time, offered to travel with the Lycian Alliance to defend the village and learn more about the outside world. The young Divine Dragon Fae also followed the group and left the village in secret.
After the war Roy took Idunn to Arcadia in hope she could recover from her spiritually shattered condition. At the conclusion of The Binding Blade the dragon elder expresses concern for her recovery. Outside the village, Fae is playing with Idunn, who laughs when a fruit falls and hits Fae. Fae, excited by Idunn's emotional progress--this is the first emotional thing Idunn has done since arriving--runs into the village to tell the elder of this.
Characters from Arcadia
|The Archsage of Arcadia and one of the two surviving Divine Generals.||Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade|
|A young pureblooded Divine Dragon living in Arcadia.||Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade|
|A half-dragon seer living in Arcadia. Friend of Fae.||Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade|
|A guardian of Arcadia, Igrene's father.||Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade|
|A guardian of Arcadia, Hawkeye's daughter.||Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade|
- In Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, there is a song called The Heritors of Arcadia. However, this location does not relate to it in any way, and the name "Arcadia" is not shared between the two in Japanese releases.
- The origin of the village is explained differently between games. In The Binding Blade, Sophia explains that the village was founded in an unspecified location and was moved to an oasis in the desert on advice of Athos to hide away from the rest of Elibe. In The Blazing Blade however, Athos himself explains that the Village was founded in the desert and upon him discovering it, he used his magic to help the villagers by creating an oasis.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Arcadia||Arcadia refers to an ideal of union with nature, and originates from the name of a Greek province bearing the name. It is also referred to by its Japanese name, Utopia, in Hawkeye's support conversation with Ninian.|
Arcadia as it appears in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
The temple where Forblaze is sealed, in Arcadia.
- "Hawkye: Deep within the dunes, behind the desert wind... there lies our home, the village of dragons.
Ninian: Village of...dragons?
Hawkeye: Our village is protected by Athos... ...It is also called Utopia. Humans and dragons live together ...in peace." — Hawkeye and Ninian, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Athos: I first met Nergal some 500 years ago, wandering the Nabata wasteland. Like me, his only drive was the search for truth in this world. We were equals in power and knowledge, and we became fast friends. We believed we could solve the mysteries of the world. We truly believed...
Lyn: So what happened?
Athos: A...disagreement, made at the height of our quest. One day, as I charted the mysteries of Nabata, I came across the most amazing village... It was unbelievable, but in that place, humans and dragons lived together in cooperation." — Athos and Lyn, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "The dragons' libraries were a dream come true to us. We studied their language and history with unbridled passion." — Athos, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Athos: His next target had to be Arcadia. I concealed our paradise behind a curtain of sandstorms. I then hid in the underground ruins and waited for him. I did not hope to defeat him. Just to exchange blows... and then draw him into the desert, which would be his end.
Eliwood: But Nergal never showed up, did he?
Athos: Correct." — Athos to the others, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
|Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade|