Tactics Drills (Japanese: ストーリーマップ Story Map) is a game mode in Fire Emblem Heroes added to the game on July 9, 2018.
Tactics Drills are maps designed to test player strategy, and offer maps that let the player control heroes separate from their normal game progress, in a fashion similar to the bonus maps of New Mystery of the Emblem and a number of Fates's DLC chapters. Tactics Drills maps must be completed in a specific number of phases, with each player's half of a turn counting as a single phase; for example, if the player's first turn is phase 1, the enemy's first turn is phase 2 and the player's second turn is phase 3.
There are three types of Tactics Drills maps. Basics teach the basic rules of combat; Skill Studies teach the usage of skills and how they interact; Grandmaster tests advanced strategies. Basics and Skill Studies do not have specific unlock criteria, but Grandmaster requires clearing book I chapter 13 before the player can access those maps. The complete lineup of Basics was made available at the mode's launch; additional Tactics Drills maps are typically made available every Thursday.
List of Tactics Drills maps
- Although most Tactics Drills go up at the daily reset (7:00 AM UTC) every Thursday, there have been a few unusual update situations throughout the mode's lifetime:
- The Tactics Drills mode itself, with all 21 Basics, the first 18 Skill Studies, and the first 8 Grandmaster maps, went live on a Monday.
- Skill Studies 41: Tibarn's Agility went up the day after Skill Studies 40: Worthy Foes, the former map going up on a Friday in addition to the latter map's Thursday update.
- Skill Studies 66: Trick Duo and Treat Mage went up the day prior to Grandmaster 41: Black Fang, Certain Death!, the former map going up on a Wednesday in addition to the latter map's Thursday update.
- The daily reset of February 6, 2020 was the first Thursday daily reset in which a new Tactics Drill did not go live since July 5, 2018; the latter date was the Thursday prior to the Tactics Drills mode itself being added to the game. Skill Studies 75: Mission: Reposition went up the following day, a Friday.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|