|“||Yeah... Well, I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't feel nothin'. But I tell you, it serves him right. He killed a lot of innocent people.||”|
— Lex, on his father's death
Lex (Japanese: レックス Lex) was the son of Duke Langobalt of Grannvale's House Dozel. He was persuaded by his friend, Azel of Velthomer, to come to the assistance of Sigurd of Chalphy in opposing the Verdane invasion of Grannvale, and in spite of his father's intense hatred for House Chalphy, he served with Sigurd in Agustria, Silesse and beyond until his presumed death in the Battle of Belhalla.
- 1 Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- 2 Personality and character
- 3 Love growths and events
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Other appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Etymology and other languages
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
Early in the Verdane raid on Grannvale, Lex and Azel arrived from the north to assist Sigurd in fighting the invasion, though he teased Azel over how the latter may have actually been motivated to help by his infatuation with Adean.
Starting stats and growth rates
Promotion stat gains
Personality and character
Dismissed by his father as "worthless", Lex was uninterested in Langobalt's ongoing feud with House Chalphy, though he still claimed to have only come to assist Sigurd as a result of Azel convincing him to do so. Hotheaded and something of a rebel to his father's ways, he was blunt and exceptionally honest, resulting in him receiving a Brave Axe from a mysterious woman in Verdane as a test of his honesty. In spite of his rough exterior, Lex got along well with most people, exemplified by his close friendship with Azel.
Love growths and events
- In the Prologue, Lex can talk to Sigurd after he appears, yielding no reward.
- In Chapter 1, if Lex waits on the end of the small peninsula south of Verdane Castle, he will receive a Brave Axe.
- In Chapter 3, Lex can talk to Ayra at any time, giving her a Brave Sword and 100 love points between the two. Both Lex and Holyn may perform this conversation, and if Holyn does it first Lex cannot.
- In Chapter 5, Lex can talk to Azel after Lubeck Castle has been seized, yielding no reward.
- In Chapter 5, if they have been partnered, Tailtiu can talk to Lex, yielding no reward.
|“||You say that I disgust you, but... Dad, this is fate... Please forgive me...||”|
— Lex, when fighting Langobalt, in Chapter 5 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||I'm such a weakling... ...Sir Sigurd, please allow me to die in peace...||”|
— Lex, in Genealogy of the Holy War.
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
In this adaptation of Genealogy of the Holy War, Lex eventually marries Ayra.
Fire Emblem Cipher
Lex is currently featured on three cards in Fire Emblem Cipher.
- Two of the below cards' epithets are still in raw, untranslated Japanese; these need translation.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Lex|
|Lordling of Dozel, Lex|
|"Time to teach these Verdanite thugs a lesson or two!"|
|Attack: 50||Support: 10||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 2|
|Class: Axe Knight||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|Warrior of the Bloody Axe: [Always] While you have 6 or more cards in your Bond Area, this unit gains +20 attack.|
|Card #S08-005ST • Artist: Sachie|
|"I... I guess it was always meant to end this way. Forgive me, Pa..."|
|Attack: 60||Support: 10||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Great Knight||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 2|
|Comeuppance: [Activate] [Once per turn]  Until the end of the turn, this unit gains +20 attack.|
Blood of the Axe Knight: [Always] While you have 6 or more cards in your Bond Area, this unit gains +20 attack.
|Card #B17-102HN • Artist: Nekohayashi|
|"Could it be that you're worried for Adean of Jungby? I know exactly how you feel about her."|
|Attack: 40||Support: 10||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 1|
|Class: Axe Knight||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|Unignorable Friends: [Always] If you have an allied "Azel", this unit gains +10 attack.|
Attack Emblem: Until the end of this combat, your attacking unit gains +20 attack.
|Card #B17-103N • Artist: Nekohayashi|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Lex .
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Lex||Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation.|
|Japanese||レックス||Officially romanized as Lex. Romanized instead as Rex in the Super Tactics Book.|
Artwork of Lex from the Fire Emblem Trading Card Game.
Artwork of Lex from Treasure.
Artwork of Lex from Genealogy of the Holy War.
- Serenes Forest: Character ages (non-canon)
- "Azel: Yeah, but with the military on engagement to Isaach, Grannvale's completely strapped! Sigurd and the few soldiers left in Chalphy are out here fighting for their lives! I can't just leave them hanging...
Lex: Oh really... I'm not quite buying your story, Azel. What aren't you telling me?
Azel: Wh...what're you talking about!?
Lex: I'd surmise that you're all worked up about Lady Adean of Jungby. I know you like her.
Azel: Y...you're nuts!
Lex: A-ha! Face is getting red there, buddy! You little player you.
Azel: Lex, knock it off! Now come on, let's get going." — Azel and Lex, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Sir, just so you know... I'm not here for your little mission. Azel's just a good bud of mine." — Lex, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Lex: Damn! I dropped my axe!!
Woman: Was the axe you dropped this gold axe? Or perhaps this silver one?
Lex: Naw, it was nothing as nice as either of them. It was just an old iron axe.
Woman: You are very honest! As a reward for your honesty I present you with the Brave Axe. Farewell, Lex..." — Lex and a mysterious woman, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- A family tree in Fire Emblem: Treasure (scan by Serenes Forest)
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|