|“||I consider it my role to monitor this army's condition and aid in its preservation.||”|
— Laurent, to Lucina
Laurent (Japanese: ロラン Laurent) is a playable character appearing in Fire Emblem Awakening. The son of Miriel from the future, he traveled back to the past in hopes of aiding his mother and Chrom in their war against Grima.
- 1 Fire Emblem Awakening
- 2 Personality and character
- 3 Supports
- 4 Endings
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Other appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Etymology and other languages
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Upon Miriel's marrying, Laurent appears in Paralogue 14. He is searching, in a desert located in the southeastern reaches of Archanea, for a hidden village said to be in possession of a powerful Goddess Staff. If either Chrom or Miriel encounter him in the southwest village he elects to join the Shepherds in a bid to locate the relic.
After the battle with the desert bandits, regardless of the hidden village being found or not, Laurent meets with his mother to inform her that he is her child from the future. Despite possessing a marriage ring-identical to Miriel's-she still seems somewhat unconvinced. She eventually agrees to acting under the assumption that they are mother and child, but tells Laurent that they will work together to prove or disprove this in the future.
In a later conversation with his father, Laurent reveals that he when he and the other children fled to the past, he ended up arriving three years before Lucina arrived, marking a passage of five years in the past before he joined the Shepherds.
Starting stats and growth rates
Growth rates when reclassed
Promotion stat gains
Laurent will always have access to these promotion stat gains regardless of who his father is:
Mage Barbarian Dark Mage
|Regardless of who Laurent's father is, Laurent will always have these skills in his own potential skill pool:|
|Magic +2||Mage, level 1|
|Focus||Mage, level 10|
|Rally Magic||Sage, level 5|
|Tomefaire||Sage, level 15|
|Slow Burn||Dark Knight, level 5|
|Lifetaker||Dark Knight, level 15|
|Despoil||Barbarian, level 1|
|Gamble||Barbarian, level 10|
|Wrath||Berserker, level 5|
|Axefaire||Berserker, level 15|
|Rally Strength||Warrior, level 5|
|Counter||Warrior, level 15|
|Hex||Dark Mage, level 1|
|Anathema||Dark Mage, level 10|
|Vengeance||Sorcerer, level 5|
|Tomebreaker||Sorcerer, level 15|
|Additionally, Laurent can inherit one of the following skills from his mother not included in the above list:|
|The above skill list does not include skills obtained exclusively via DLC, nor skills obtained exclusively via inheritance from his father (directly or indirectly).|
Personality and character
Much like his mother, Laurent is seen as an intelligent and dedicated individual. He is often viewed as an overly uptight and serious person. When Lucina and the other children went back in time Laurent ended up sent three years earlier than the other children; this resulted in his isolation in an era where he knew no one. Having spent a total of five years in isolation, he felt the need to force the mien of an adult onto himself after being mentally crushed by loneliness. This leads to him acting distant from his father though he is eventually able to overcome this and open up emotionally to his father.
Unlike many of the other children characters in Awakening, it appears that Miriel was never fully convinced that he was her child, though she is still willing to conduct studies and experiments with him. Regardless, Miriel agrees to allowing the two of them to live on the assumption that they are parent and child and he refers to her as "mother" in conversation.
Laurent - The Elucidator (single ending)
Longing to meet his mother's intellectual standards, Laurent went on an expediction around the world. His curious nature led to many adventures, which he later put to paper in a rousing novel.
Laurent and Robin
Many wrote of Robin's legendary exploits, but accounts of her origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on one thing alone—she loved her husband, Laurent, above all else.
Laurent and Lucina
Longing to meet his mother's intellectual standards, Laurent took his wife on an expedition around the world. Lucina reunited with Tiki and Naga and thanked them for helping to usher in peace.
Laurent and Kjelle
Longing to meet his mother's intellectual standards, Laurent took his wife on an expedition around the world. As Kjelle, too, valued self-discovery, the pair were said to be nearly inseparable.
Laurent and Cynthia
Longing to meet his mother's intellectual standards, Laurent took his wife on an expedition around the world. The hidden wonders they uncovered awed Cynthia, who had known only a world of ruin.
Laurent and Severa
Longing to meet his mother's intellectual standards, Laurent took his wife on an expedition around the world. Severa set out in search of treasure but instead discovered something much, much greater.
Laurent and Morgan
Longing to meet his mother's intellectual standards, Laurent took his wife on an expedition around the world. While Morgan's memory never returned, she didn't seem to miss it much.
Laurent and Noire
Longing to meet his mother's intellectual standards, Laurent took Noire on an expedition around the world. Noire seemed startled at first by many of their discoveries but knew she was in good hands.
Laurent and Nah
Longing to meet his mother's intellectual standards, Laurent took Nah on an expedition around the world. Their curious nature led to many adventures, which they later put to paper in a rousing novel.
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
- As with the other children characters of Awakening, Laurent's birthday matches the Japanese release date of a Fire Emblem series game: April 25th was the release date of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade in 2003.
- Laurent suspects he is older than Lucina, during the events of Awakening, due to being sent back further in time than her.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Laurent||French form of Laurentius.|
|Japanese||ロラン||Officially romanized as Laurent.|
- "It's fairly straightforward. Travel among eras is imprecise. There are...variables. Lucina arrived at the onset of the war with Plegia some two years ago. I, on the other hand, have been here for nearly five years." — Laurent to his father, Fire Emblem Awakening
- "...... You're right. All that time, it was... I was so lonely. Year after year, all alone... Wandering an era where I knew no one. Hoping to meet up with the others but knowing how minuscule my chances were... I had no one to help me. No one to lend an ear to my despair. It was...awful. Many nights, I thought I'd die alone. That the pain would kill me, or..." — Laurent to his father, Fire Emblem Awakening
- "Laurent: You seem happy, is all. At present, I have yet to muster conclusive evidence that I am your son... But working like this—being able to assist you—makes me happy as well.
Miriel: True, no unassailable case has been made as to our relation. You may not be my son. But you've more than proven you are my colleague in the pursuit of truth." — Miriel and Laurent, Fire Emblem Awakening
- "However, I have no material evidence to suggest you are not, as you claim, my son. I shall conduct an inquiry of my own. We'll investigate the matter until a clear conclusion emerges. ...Together. Until then, I will grant the fundamental assumption that you are, in fact, my child." — Miriel to Laurent, Fire Emblem Awakening
- " We're at war, Father. Acting like a child is hardly behavior to be encouraged. Besides, I'm a grown man. Older than Lucina at this point, I suspect." — Laurent to his father in a support conversation, Fire Emblem Awakening