|“||Sir, where do you think the imperial troops get all their gold? They steal it from the villagers! I'm just tryin' to take it back from them! ...What's so wrong with that!?||”|
— Patty, explaining her thefts to Seliph
(Japanese: パティ Patty) is the daughter of Lady Briggid of Jungby. She was raised along with her brother Faval in a Conote orphanage, resorting to thievery to raise funds to continue to support the other children there. She single-handedly robbed the Yied Shrine and retrieved Balmung from it, which led her to meet Prince Shanan of Isaach and join Seliph's liberation army.
If Briggid was not married in the course of the first generation of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Patty's role is filled by Daisy. In addition to her playable role in Genealogy, Patty is also the star of a scenario which was first published in the Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Staff Book in 2015, which introduces the backstory which leads to her theft of Balmung.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- 3 Personality and character
- 4 Love growths and events
- 5 Endings
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Other appearances
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Etymology and other languages
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
Patty and Faval were left in a Conote orphanage by Briggid some time after the Battle of Belhalla, and so she had no memory of her mother. As the two grew up, they turned to helping fund the orphanage in any way they could: while Faval became a mercenary, Patty turned to theft. Faval was never comfortable with Patty's means of raising money constantly putting herself at risk,  and Patty herself did not enjoy it, only doing it because she felt she had no choice.
Around Grann 776, a failed attempt to rob a storehouse in Conote led to her meeting her childhood friend Liina, now the agent of a rebellion force. Liina recruited Patty into a mission to raid the Yied Shrine and retrieve the regalia sword Balmung for Shanan, convincing her over her initial disinterest with promises of being able to use the Loptyrians' gold to fund her orphanage. Before they could carry it out, Liina was attacked by a mysterious assailant and died of severe wounds. Patty promised Liina that she would fulfill the mission where Liina no longer could.
The holy war
After Liina's death, Patty travelled to the Yied Shrine alone, disguised as an elderly woman bringing drinks for its guards late one night. She incapacitated the guards with both poisoned drinks and bludgeoning them with the drink tray, then infiltrated the shrine's treasury and stole Balmung and other treasures. As she fled the next morning, she was stopped by Shanan himself, who wanted Balmung. She denied, thinking he was just trying to freeload off her hard work, but the two were interrupted by the approach of Loptyrians who had noticed their presence. Once Shanan revealed his true identity and that of the sword she carried, she gladly handed Balmung over to him.
When Seliph and his army arrived at the Yied Shrine, both Shanan and Patty joined his forces. When introducing herself to him, Seliph was initially displeased with the idea of resorting to theft, but was convinced when Patty taught him how the Empire's soldiers were often thieves themselves in the first place, and as thanks for allowing her to join, she gave Seliph a Brave Sword she had stolen. Later, back in the Manster District, she found Faval among the ranks of the Friege occupation army, after he had reluctantly consented to serve Bloom to raise money for the orphanage. She was extremely displeased to learn of his mission, and convinced him to leave the service of those impoverishing their orphanage in the first place. Later on, both learned from Lewyn that their mother was the noblewoman and crusader heiress Briggid, and that both she and Faval were Jungby nobility.
Patty is a playable character in the second generation.
Starting stats and growth rates
- Main article: Patty/Stats
Promotion stat gains
- Main article: Patty/Stats
Personality and character
Patty is fiercely independent and protective of both her orphans and her stolen goods, objecting to people who she sees as attempting to hijack her hard-earned stolen goods. Despite her usual carefree attitude about her work, she actually does not enjoy resorting to theft, but sees it as a necessity to ensure the continued survival of her orphanage and Seliph's army and reasons that stealing back from those who steal from the impoverished, such as the Friege army, is an acceptable form of theft. She is fully aware of the bad reputation her role as a thief earns her, but doesn't care what others think of her or her mother in that respect, taking pride in herself and her heritage. She thoroughly idolizes Shanan. In addition to her talents as a thief, Patty is also an excellent cook.
Love growths and events
- In Chapter 7, Shanan can talk to Patty at any time, giving Shanan the Balmung and 100 love points between the pair.
- In Chapter 7, Patty can talk to Seliph after the Yied Shrine has been seized, giving him a Brave Sword and 100 love points between the pair.
- In Chapter 8, Patty can talk to Faval as an enemy, recruiting him.
- In Chapter 9, Faval can talk to Patty at any time, giving her +1 luck.
- In Chapter 9, Patty can talk to Corpul/Sharlow after the latter has been recruited, giving him +3 maximum HP and 100 love points between the pair.
- In Chapter 10, Lester/Dimna can talk to Patty at any time, giving her +3 maximum HP and 100 love points between the pair.
- In the Endgame, if the two are lovers, Patty can talk to Seliph, Shanan or Lester, granting him +3 maximum HP and +3 speed.
Genealogy of the Holy War
|“||No! Faval... Help me...||”|
— Patty, in Genealogy of the Holy War.
Patty was featured on three TCG cards.
|Fire Emblem Trading Card Game data for Patty|
|Class: Thief||Level 1 Infantry||Direct Attack|
|Energy: 2||Atk.: 1 / Counter: 1||WLv.: C|
|Equip: Slim Sword||Skills: Steal|
|Card #063 • Rarity: ★★ • Artist: Mayumi Hirota|
|No image available.||Class: Thief Fighter||Level 20 Infantry||Direct Attack|
|Energy: 5||Atk.: 2 / Counter: 2||WLv.: A|
|Equip: Steel Sword||Skills: Class Change • Skilfulness • Usurp • Follow-Up|
|Card #2-033 • Rarity: ★★ • Artist: Katsuyoshi Koya|
|Class: Thief||Level 10 Infantry||Direct Attack|
|Energy: 4||Atk.: 2 / Counter: 1||WLv.: C|
|Equip: Iron Sword||Skills: Steal|
|Card #P007 • Rarity: ☆★★ • Artist: Katsuyoshi Koya|
|Card scans and information translation provided by Aquantis.|
Fire Emblem Cipher
Patty is currently featured on two cards in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Patty|
|The Just Master Thief, Patty|
||"For every last coin carried by an Imperial soldier, there's a poor villager who they took it from. You can't look at all this and say that it's wrong for us to take that gold back!"|
|Attack: 50||Support: 10||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Thief Fighter||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 2|
|“Work, work, work!”: [Activate]   Resolve the following effects in descending order, until one of the effects fails:
|Card #B08-079SR • Artist: Kawasumi|
|Innocent Thief, Patty|
|"Hooboy, those rumors weren't kidding! That place was full to the brim with treasure. Been a long time since I've had a haul like this!"|
|Attack: 30||Support: 10||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 1|
|Class: Thief||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
| "I smell treasure!": [Bond] [Trigger]  When you place this card in your Bond Area, you may pay the cost and if you do: Reveal the top card of your opponent's deck. If the revealed card has a Deployment Cost of 3 or more, draw 1 card.|
Thief Emblem: [Support] Reveal the top card of your opponent's deck. You may send that card to the Retreat Area.
|Card #B08-080N • Artist: Kawasumi|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Patty .
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Patty||Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation.|
|Japanese||パティ||Officially romanized as Patty.|
- Horikawa, M; trans. bookofholsety, Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Staff Book: Patty's story, Dreamwidth, Published: 2015-04, Retrieved: 2015-06-11
- "Bloom: I understand you have several orphans under your care. It seems you could use the money. I hear your younger sister has resorted to theft to make ends meet. That doesn't bother you?
Faval: Patty really goes out of her way for those kids... Hmph... we could use the cash." — Bloom and Faval, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "You think I like doin' this!? Do you have any idea just how low our army's food supply is? That takes money!" — Patty, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Faval: Yeah, well, I caught a guy making fun of you. He said 'It's no wonder you became a thief with a pirate for a mum'. Of course, I floored the guy for saying that.
Patty: Let 'em say whatever they want, Faval. It doesn't bother me. 'Cause now we know our mother was a warrior... and of Crusader Ulir descent to boot! I was so happy I started cryin' when Lewyn told me that..." — Faval and Patty, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Forget it! You think you can just freeload off my hard work!? This sword wasn't that easy to come by. If you want it, you just try and get it!" — Patty, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Patty: You sure about that? You guys have no money, right? But you gotta have money to fight. That's where I come in. I can get you all the money you need!
Seliph: Yeah, but we don't want your money if it's stolen.
Patty: Sir, where do you think the imperial troops get all their gold? They steal it from the villagers! I'm just tryin' to take it back from them! ...What's so wrong with that!?" — Patty and Seliph, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Hey! You're not Prince Shanan of Isaach, are ya? [...] Whoa! Really!? Oh my gosh... I can't believe it! [...] I have been an admirer for so long! I always dreamed of meeting you, but never did I... [...] I just can't believe it! I must be dreaming!" — Patty, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Superb! Your cooking is the best, Patty!" — Lester, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|