|“||The only reason I joined the army was because it pays better. The world can rot so long as I've still got food on the table.||”|
- 1 Fire Emblem Gaiden
- 2 Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- 3 Personality and character
- 4 Supports
- 5 Base conversations
- 6 Ending
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Other appearances
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Etymology and other languages
- 11 Gallery
- 12 References
Python at first doesn't allow Alm and friends to enter the Deliverance Hideout. However, it was explained to him that they were new recruits. He allows them to enter, and tells them to be careful of the monsters within. After Alm returns with Clive, he agrees to help them with liberating Zofia Castle.
Starting stats and growth rates
Promotion stat gains
|Sniper||+x to 30||+x to 12||+x to 6||+x to 6||+0||+x to 6||+x to 2||+1||--|
|Bow Knight||+x to 40||+x to 16||+x to 8||+x to 8||+0||+x to 10||+x to 6||+3||--|
- In Gaiden, promotion gains consist on giving the character as many points as necessary -the "x" value shown in the table- to reach the promoted class' base stats. If the character's stats are higher than their promoted class' base stats, they will not receive any bonus; however, if all stats are higher, then they will receive +1 to HP.
Starting stats and growth rates
Promotion stat gains
Personality and character
This page has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
Python is somewhat apathetic to the world around him, and only joined the Deliverance due to superior pay to his previous carpentry job in addition to Forsyth's insistence. Python and Forsyth have known each other since childhood; Python thinks of Forsyth as a, perhaps naive, dreamer. Python, however, prefers to take a more objective view on life, and pays little heed to dreams and instead focuses on obtaining necessities.
- Main article: Python/Supports
- Main article: Python/Conversations
In order to protect villages from plundering bandits, he put all his effort into serving as the captain of a vigilante group.
Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
If Forsyth survived
While the One Kingdom offered him a knighthood, Python chose a quieter life as head of a frontier militia that defended villages and towns from brigands. His old friend would visit now and then, often with a bottle the two would use to wile the night away.
If Forsyth died
Python accepted a knighthood from the One Kingdom, growing into a new man who worked diligently—almost as if possessed by Forsyth. Sadly, he died a few short years later while fighting to suppress a rebellion, his wounds claiming him while he was far too young.
|“||Congrats. You came in SECOND!||”|
— Python upon defeating an enemy
The Final Battle quote
|“||Ugh, people who go on and on about power are just the WORST.||”|
|“||Buzz off, please.||”|
|“||Hello and goodbye!||”|
|“||SO sorry about this...||”|
|“||Tsk, my bad...||”|
— Python, in Gaiden.
|“||Heh... Better start building a coffin... Damn. I can't even take dying seriously...||”|
— Python's death quote in Classic Mode in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
|“||Ow! Damn. This just stopped being fun. So long, everyone! Gotta live to fight another day and all that.||”|
— Python's retreat quote in Casual Mode in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Python only appears in Gaiden.
Python is currently featured on one card in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Python|
|Snide Sharpshooter, Python|
||"Come on, really? So sorry about this."|
|Attack: 40||Support: 20||Range: 1-3||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Sniper||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 2|
|"Fine, twist my arm.": [Trigger] When this unit is deployed, this unit gains +10 attack until the end of this turn.|
"Hey, it was you or me.": [Activate]  If this unit is not your Main Character, add this card to your hand if it isn't levelled up.
|Card #B11-060HN • Artist: Saori Toyota|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Python .
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Python||From the Greek Πύθων. In Greek mythology, Python was an earth-dragon who lived near the near the centre of the earth (believed to be Delphi), which was eventually slain by the god Apollo. Python is also the name of a type of snake.|
|• Used in the latest Gaiden fan translation.|
• Used in the older Gaiden fan translation.
|Japanese||パイソン||Officially romanized as Paison. From "python", as above.|
Artwork of Python from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Full portrait artwork of Python from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Concept artwork of Python from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Artwork of Python from Fire Emblem Cipher.
Python's portrait in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
- "...You want to talk? 'Bout what? ...About me? Hell, I'm no one special. Pa was a carpenter, and I'm less still. The only reason I joined the army was because it pays better. The world can rot so long as I've still got food on the table. Oh, but don't worry! I'll fight and all that noise. I'm nothing if not diligent. Ha ha ha." — Python to Alm in a base conversation, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- "...How did I end up in the army? Not this again. Well, if you have to know, Forsyth talked me into it." — Python to Alm in a base conversation, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- "We grew up together, see? He's a dreamer, that one. When he was little, he said he'd be a Knight of Zofia one day. Hah! He'd have to go back in time and crawl into some noble womb first." — Python, on Forsyth to Alm in a base conversation, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- "Look, I'm not like other folks. I don't like chasing wildly after some dream. Dreams don't fill the belly, and they sure don't pay for life's other comforts. So you know what? I'm happier without 'em." — Python to Forsyth, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|
|Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia|