- Not to be confused with Layla, an NPC in Fates, or with Leila, an NPC in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.
||Sometimes I have to dance for disgusting men, but that's a part of my job! We do what we do to survive!
(Japanese: レイリア Laylea) is a travelling Jugdrali dancer and the elder sister of Sharlow, Hannibal's adopted son. While working in the city of Darna, she became close with Ares, the prince of Agustria, and later accompanied him in fighting for Seliph's liberation army against the Grannvale Empire.
Laylea is Lene's substitute character, filling her role in the story and gameplay if Silvia died or failed to be married in the course of the first generation.
Little is known of Laylea's origins or upbringing, save that she likely grew up in an orphanage like Sharlow did before Hannibal adopted him. She took to dancing as a way to earn money to survive.
Her work as a dancer eventually took her to Darna around Grann 777, where she met Ares, who was there with Javarro's mercenaries serving a job with the city's Count Bramsel. The two quickly established a friendship, and when Bramsel made a lecherous advance at her, Ares stepped in to force him to back down from his solicitations. However, the two soon fought over Ares needing to go fight Seliph's army at Melgen. After he left, Bramsel attempted to approach her again, and Leaylea's resistance to his actions led to her imprisonment in the Darna dungeons. Following Seliph's capture of Darna, she was freed from imprisonment by one of his soldiers, and upon meeting Ares - now with Seliph's army - she joined him in the army, wishing to stay close to him in future.
Laylea is a playable character in the second generation, as Lene's substitute.
Starting stats and growth rates
Personality and character
Laylea tends to be flirtatious, particularly liking to tease those who are embarrassed and flustered. Because of the demands of her own job as a dancer, Laylea believes that holding grudges based on somebody's job, no matter what it led to, is foolish. She was very attached to Ares, and was outright angry when he needed to leave to fight for Javarro, even blaming him for the fact that she felt Javarro was using him.
Love growths and events
for more details on the love system.
- In Chapter 7, Laylea can talk to Seliph after she has been recruited, yielding no reward.
- In Chapter 9, Laylea can talk to Sharlow after he has been recruited, granting him +1 luck.
Genealogy of the Holy War
Laylea was featured on three TCG cards.
Fire Emblem Cipher
Laylea is currently featured on one card in Fire Emblem Cipher.
- This card's epithet is still in raw, untranslated Japanese; it needs translation.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
||Definition, etymology and notes
||Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation.
||Officially romanized as Laylea. Romanized instead as Leilia in the Super Tactics Book.
- ↑ "Laylea: What s’matter? Never seen a dancer before?
Seliph: No, I haven’t.
Laylea: Hehehe... You’re funny." — Laylea and Seliph, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Hahaha... you just don’t let up, do you? Your father and that Sigurd guy were both knights. Well, their job was killing people. Am I right? Sometimes I have to dance for disgusting men, but that’s a part of my job! We do what we do to survive! So don’t hold a grudge over someone else’s livelihood." — Laylea, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Laylea: Why do you have to go, Ares? Please don’t... I’m beggin’ you!
Ares: I have to go. Javarro basically raised me from day one. I owe him that.
Laylea: He’s just usin’ you. I... I just hate him so much!
Ares: Laylea, you have to understand that...
Laylea: I don’t care anymore! Don’t talk to me. You just do whatever you please! Just forget we ever met!" — Laylea and Ares, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
||This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.