From Fire Emblem Wiki, your source on Fire Emblem Wiki information. By Fans, for Fans.
||Hmm... Well, as long I take control of the throne. Anyone who gets in the way we'll simply do away with.
(Japanese: レプトール Reptor) was the Duke of Grannvale's House Friege and the Chancellor of Grannvale as a whole. Fearing the rise of Prince Kurth as a prominent figure in the Grannvale political arena, he conspired with Duke Langobalt of Dozel to seize power over the country for themselves, framing Vylon and Sigurd of Chalphy for crimes of treason against Kurth and Grannvale as a whole.
Reptor remained behind in Grannvale during the war with Isaach in Grann 757, continuing to serve as Chancellor while working with Langobalt and Arvis on the first seeds of their plan, sowing rumors of plots by Vylon and Sigurd to usurp the throne while they were absent at war in Isaach and Agustria respectively. Late in the war, he arranged for Isaach's King Mananan to be assassinated, in order to prolong the war by preventing Mananan from sharing the reality of the Darna assault with Kurth and to anger the Isaach people into further conflict. The power bloc headed by Reptor seized control of the Grannvale royal court during this time, allowing Reptor to successfully frame Sigurd and Vylon for Kurth's assassination at the hands of Langobalt. Shortly afterward, he and Langobalt led an army to Agustria to capture Sigurd, following the latter's conquest of the country, but Sigurd eluded their capture by escaping to Silesse.
Later in Grann 760, when the armies of Dozel and Velthomer set out to arrest Sigurd in Silesse, Reptor remained behind in Grannvale to maintain order, leading a Friege army to support Aida at Velthomer Castle, the last line of defense against Sigurd's army. Upon receiving word of Langobalt's defeat at Phinora, Reptor objected to Arvis apparently lying to him by claiming that their thinly-spread armies would be enough to take Sigurd, but reluctantly accepted his reassurances and returned to his post outside Velthomer with General Aida. While suspicious of Arvis's intent, Reptor set it aside and proceeded as planned, until Aida gave the order for the Velthomer army to turn on the Friege forces. Overwhelmed by both Sigurd's and Aida's armies, Reptor was killed in battle.
Personality and character
Reptor highly valued political power, seeing it as the ultimate means of progressing in life and an absence thereof as a sign of weakness which ensures a certain doom for those without. His actions in seeking to claim Grannvale for himself were entirely motivated by feeling his own power and prestige among Grannvale's nobility was threatened by the rise of Kurth and Vylon, and that eliminating them would secure his ongoing place in the world. His greed for power made him easy for Arvis and Manfroy to manipulate, and yet while he was paranoid of being betrayed by Arvis, he nonetheless resigned himself to taking Arvis on face value with no other recourse, only for his suspicions to be confirmed in the end.
||Sigurd!? ...you traitor! Invading our holy land!! [...] Hmph, you idiot! Politics is all about power! Your father had no power, which is why he died. You're a knight, that much should be obvious to you. [...] You've gone to a lot of trouble, but this is as far as you'll get. You'll die a traitor, just like Vylon. Your strength is nothing compared to my Mjölnir. Soon you'll see how powerless you really are... Mwahaha...
— Reptor, when fighting Sigurd in Chapter 5 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
||T-Tailtiu... It's you... I knew that you were with the rebel army, but I never expected to face you like this... [...] Grr... Claud!! You decieved my daughter... In any case... House Friege's reputation must be defended. Tailtiu, you have to die.
— Reptor, when fighting Tailtiu in Chapter 5 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
Reptor was featured on one TCG card.
| Fire Emblem Trading Card Game data for Reptor
| No image available.
| Class: Baron
|| Level 1 Infantry
|| Magic Attack
| Energy: 6
|| Atk.: 3 / Counter: 2
|| WLv.: A ★ A
||Skills: Official Movement • Pavise
| Card #2-058 • Rarity: ★★ • Artist: Koya Katsuyoshi
| Card scans and information translation provided by Aquantis.
- According to Fire Emblem: Treasure, Reptor had an unidentified fourth child, who was born between Bloom and Tailtiu as his second child. This child presumably died before the events of Genealogy of the Holy War, as on the family tree, their entry (defined as "unknown") is scratched out.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
|| Definition, etymology and notes
|| Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation.
|| Officially romanized as Reptor. Romanized instead as Leptorl in the Super Tactics Book.
- ↑ "Filat: There's been some nasty rumours making the rounds in the Royal Court. It's going around that Prince Quan of Leonster, King Eldigan of Nordion, and yourself are conspiring against His Majesty. They say that explains why you're hiding the Prince of Isaach.
Sigurd: That's absurd! Who could've started such a story!?
Filat: Duke Reptor and Lord Langobalt." — Filat and Sigurd, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "There's more. The death of King Mananan also turned out to be Lord Reptor's handiwork. He didn't want the war with Isaach to come to a close, so he secretly killed the king." — Claud, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Sigurd: What about the two dukes who opposed the prince, Reptor and Langobalt? I'd suspect them.
Claud: I also thought so, but there's no evidence on either one of them. And the Reptor faction currently has control of the Royal Court." — Sigurd and Claud, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Hmph, you idiot! Politics is all about power! Your father had no power, which is why he died." — Reptor, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Chancellor Reptor of Friege felt his position was being undermined. Calling on the avaricious Lord Langobalt of Dozel, the two formed a coalition opposing the prince's authority." — Opening narration of the Prologue, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Reptor: I know. I just wonder if Arvis really is going to back me up, and is not just sticking us out here to die.
Aida: Arvis just put the finishing touches on his plan of attack. You've nothing to worry about.
Reptor: Hm... Well, I suppose I'll have to trust him this time." — Aida and Reptor, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ A family tree in Fire Emblem: Treasure (scan by Serenes Forest)
|| This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.