Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!
|“||From this point forward, we are an army of liberators fighting for love and justice!||”|
Iucharba (Japanese: ヨハルヴァ Johalva) is the youngest son of Duke Danann of Dozel. Along with his elder brother Iuchar, he served his father in the Grannvale occupation of Isaach, presiding over Sophara Castle. He came into conflict with his family over the rise of Seliph's liberation army in Isaach, or rather over Larcei/Creidne, one of its warriors.
When Seliph commenced his fight to liberate Isaach, at first Iucharba and his axe warrior unit remained stationed as a defensive perimeter surrounding Sophara Castle; once Ganeishire fell to Seliph, the order came through from Danann for both him and Iuchar to attack, to which Iucharba agreed despite his misgivings about fighting Larcei/Creidne. Upon encountering Larcei/Creidne, he was swayed to side with Seliph's army, provoking Iuchar; otherwise, when Iuchar was recruited to Seliph's side, Iucharba was provoked by him getting to Larcei/Creidne first, and died in battle with Seliph's army.
Before recruitment, Iucharba is the boss of Sophara Castle. He starts the chapter as a neutral unit who doesn't move, and becomes an enemy and launches an attack once Ganeishire Castle has been seized. The player has a choice of recruiting either him or Iuchar; the brother not recruited remains a boss and must still be fought. If recruited, Sophara Castle becomes a partner castle, and any surviving members of the Sophara army become partner units.
Starting stats and growth rates
Promotion stat gains
Personality and character
In contrast to Iuchar, Iucharba is more down-to-earth and straightforward: he presents himself as being rough-hewn and seeks to protect that image, but has no interest in the bullying tactics of his father. A decent person unlike his father, he refused to follow through on performing the more heinous activities of the Grannvale occupation such as the child hunts, and was consistently frustrated by Danann's constant bending over backwards to accommodate the will of the Loptr Church. Even so, he saw himself as nonetheless culpable for the misfortunes of Isaach, seeking to atone by joining Seliph's army. For much of his life, Iucharba held a rivalry with Iuchar and the two constantly quarreled, fuelled partially by their mutual interest in Larcei/Creidne; their rivalry ultimately resulted in the two going head to head as enemies.
Love growths and events
- In Chapter 6, Larcei/Creidne can talk to Iucharba while he is an enemy, recruiting him; this cannot be done if Iuchar has already been recruited.
- In Chapter 6 after he has been recruited, if Iucharba waits next to Creidne for ten turns in a row, this will trigger an event which grants Creidne +2 Strength and +3 Luck.
- In the Endgame, if they are lovers, Larcei/Creidne can talk to Iucharba after Dozel Castle has been seized, granting him +3 Strength.
|“||I will not hand over my castle! You rebels... I'll beat the crap out of you!||”|
— Iucharba, as an enemy in Chapter 6 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||W-wait, Larcei/Creidne! I can't fight you!||”|
— Iucharba, when fighting Larcei/Creidne as an enemy in Chapter 6 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||You're the foolish one, but that's irrelevant. I knew that this day would come sometime! Now let's finish this!||”|
— Iucharba, when fighting Iuchar in Chapter 6 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||Sorry... I don't want anything more to do with your evil deeds. It's nothing personal.||”|
— Iucharba, when fighting Danann in Chapter 6 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||Brian... Hmph, don't worry. I'm protecting the duchy. This is what the people want.||”|
— Iucharba, when fighting Brian in the Endgame of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||Gah! How did you...||”|
— Iucharba, in Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||Argh... Larcei/Creidne... I'm sorry...||”|
— Iucharba, as an enemy in Chapter 6 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
Iucharba was featured on three TCG cards.
|Fire Emblem Trading Card Game data for Iucharba|
|Class: Fighter||Level 1 Infantry||Direct Attack|
|Energy: 4||Atk.: 3 / Counter: 1||WLv.: A|
|Equip: Iron Axe||Skills: Accost|
|Card #051 • Rarity: ★ • Artist: Mayumi Hirota|
|Class: Fighter||Level 10 Infantry||Direct Attack|
|Energy: 6||Atk.: 4 / Counter: 1||WLv.: A|
|Equip: Steel Axe||Skills: Accost|
|Card #2-028 • Rarity: ★ • Artist: Katsuyoshi Koya|
|Class: Warrior||Level 20 Infantry||Direct Attack|
|Energy: 7||Atk.: 5 / Counter: 2||WLv.: A B|
|Equip: Steel Axe||Skills: Class Change • Skilfulness • Training • Accost|
|Card #3-022 • Rarity: -- • Artist: Katsuyoshi Koya|
|Card scans and information translation provided by Aquantis.|
Fire Emblem Cipher
Iucharba is currently featured on one cards in Fire Emblem Cipher.
- The below card's quote is still in raw, untranslated Japanese; it needs translation.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Iucharba|
|Fighter of Love and Justice, Iucharba|
|Attack: 40||Support: 10||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 2|
|Class: Fighter||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|Love Rival Brothers: [Special] This unit cannot be deployed in the same area as "Iuchar".|
"Did you miss me?": [Always] During your turn, if there is a "Larcei" in play, this unit gains +30 attack.
|Card #B08-073N • Artist: Nekohayashi|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Johalvier .
- Iucharba was initially listed as Lucharba on the Fire Emblem Heroes Choose Your Legends poll. This was corrected to Iucharba a few days in.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Used in the Choose Your Legends polls for Fire Emblem Heroes; has yet to be corroborated by other sources. Named in reference to Iucharba, a figure of the Tuatha Dé Danann in Irish mythology whose siblings were Iuchar and Brian.
• Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War Reparation fan translations.
Officially romanized as Johalva. From Iucharba, as above. Romanized instead as Yohalva in the Super Tactics Book.
Iucharba's portrait from Genealogy of the Holy War.
- "Larcei/Creidne: Hmph. Iucharba, you've got your rough image to protect, but you can't be all that bad. At least, I was relieved that you never hurt any of the women or children. I wish we didn't have to fight...
Iucharba: Yeah. Well, I was never into pushin' people around like my brothers." — Larcei/Creidne and Iucharba, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Isaach is better off than most places. It sounds like Danann's two sons didn't go through with any of the child hunts." — Lewyn, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "And I've had about all I can handle of the Loptrians. People say they've been sacrificing children right here in Isaach. My father just lets them walk all over him. I've had it with them!" — Iucharba, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Yeah, well, I'm no angel. This is my chance to make amends." — Iucharba, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Iuchar is the lord at Isaach Castle, and Iucharba is the lord at Sophara. They both have a thing for Larcei/Creidne of your army. Always quarreling those two...But they're both basically good boys. I bet they'd even join up with you all." — An Isaach villager, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "You're the foolish one, but that's irrelevant. I knew that this day would come sometime! Now let's finish this!" — Iucharba, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|