||Anything to keep them out of Alster.
— Ishtore, on Seliph's army's approach
Ishtore (Japanese: イシュトー Ishtore) was the eldest son of Duke Bloom and Hilda of Friege, the brother of Ishtar, and a commander of the Grannvale Empire's occupation forces in "North Thracia".
Ishtore was stationed by his father at Fort Melgen, a frontier outpost near the Yied Desert and Miletos, aided by his confidante and romantic partner, General Liza. Upon receiving word of the activities of Seliph's rebel army in the north, Ishtore and Liza deployed their army to prevent Seliph's army from entering the Manster District and reinforcing his cousin Leif. Their efforts failed, and both were killed.
Ishtore is the second boss of Chapter 7, and the leader of the Fort Melgen army. He and his army deploy after the Yied Shrine has been seized.
Liza departs the castle with some troops while Ishtore stay at the castle gate to make long range attacks with his Bolting tome.
Much later in the game Ishtar cites his and her mother's deaths as her primary motivators for marching against Seliph's liberation army during the Endgame.
While Ishtore does not appear in Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 his death is mentioned by Reinhardt during Chapter 20; it appears to have greatly affected Bloom's, his father, mood for the worse.
Personality and character
Unlike his father, Ishtore was a decent and kind person, but nonetheless loyally served the empire and was complicit in aiding its atrocities in Manster. He strongly opposed the Loptyrian child hunts, but nonetheless is not known to have actively done anything to stop them, unlike Ishtar. He cared deeply for Liza, considering her the only subordinate he could truly trust in spite of his wish to keep her safe, and was enraged by her death to Seliph's army.
Ishtore was featured on one TCG card.
|Fire Emblem Trading Card Game data for Ishtore
||Class: Mage Fighter
||Level 1 Infantry
||Atk.: 2 / Counter: 2
||WLv.: C B A B
|Card #089 • Rarity: ★★ • Artist: Koya Katsuyoshi
|Card scans and information translation provided by Aquantis.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
||Definition, etymology and notes
||Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 fan translations.
||Officially romanized as Ishtore.
- ↑ "Those horrible people killed both my son and his sweetheart Liza." — Bloom, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "I mean no disrespect... but do understand I take great pride in being a warlock of Friege. With the murder of my parents and my brother... it pains me to sit here doing nothing. Please allow me to fight!" — Ishtar to Julius, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Seliph: Lewyn, is this war ever going to end? I have a hard time believing Prince Ishtore or his general were bad people...
Lewyn: Yeah, but don't forget that they both supported a ruthless tyrannical leader. They were without a doubt the enemy in this scenario." — Seliph and Lewyn, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "My brother is also strongly against this act. Bishop Manfroy, please stop the child hunting." — Ishtar, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
- ↑ "Forgive me, Liza. I'd keep you from danger if I could, but you're the only one I can trust." — Ishtore, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
||This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.