- Not to be confused with the similarly named character appearing in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Claude.
|“||Only Father Claud of Edda could sense the impending crisis.||”|
— Opening narration of the Prologue
(Japanese: クロード Claud) is a playable character appearing in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. He was the lord of the Edda dukedom of Grannvale, a full-blooded descendant of Bragi of the Twelve Crusaders, and head of the Church of Edda. Gifted with divine foresight, he learned the reality of the chaos engulfing the noble houses of Grannvale, and was an ally of Sigurd following the false accusations laid against him about the death of Prince Kurth.
- 1 Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- 2 Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
- 3 Personality and character
- 4 Love growths and events
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Other appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Etymology and other languages
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Six months into Sigurd's occupation of Agustria, Claud arrived at Madino Castle with Tailtiu in tow, warning Sigurd of the death of Kurth and the rumors implicating Sigurd in Kurth's murder. Afterward, Claud departed for Bragi Tower to pray and attempt to divine the truth of the conflict. He and Tailtiu emerged from the tower after Sigurd defeated Chagall at Silvail Castle, having learned the reality of Reptor and Langobalt being behind Kurth's death, and having found Valkyrie, long thought to be lost. He subsequently accompanied Sigurd in exile to Silesse, on the march back to Grannvale and in the Battle of Belhalla, in which he foresaw his own death.
Starting stats and growth rates
Claud is deceased as of Grann 776; however, Sleuf claims to have communed with Claud's soul at Bragi Tower, received a prophecy from him, and was told to act as Claud's eyes in the mortal world in observing the fate of Jugdral. 
Personality and character
Love growths and events
- In Chapter 3, Claud can talk to Sigurd at any time after he has been recruited. This conversation yields no reward.
- In Chapter 4, Sigurd can talk to Claud at any time. This conversation yields no reward.
- In Chapter 4, Silvia can talk to Claud after Thove Castle has been seized, granting 100 love points between the pair.
- In Chapter 5, if the two are lovers, Claud can talk to Adean at any time, rewarding her with a Rescue.
- In Chapter 5, if the two are lovers, Tailtiu can talk to Claud after Phinora Castle has been seized. This conversation yields no reward.
|“||Gods... My life is yours. Please watch over theirs in return...||”|
— Claud, in Genealogy of the Holy War.
Fire Emblem Cipher
Claud is currently featured on one card in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Claud|
|Priest of Edda, Claud|
||"As an heir to the great Saint Bragi, if I pray at our sacred tower, then the truth shall be revealed to me alone."|
|Attack: 50||Support: 20||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: High Priest||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 2|
|Holy Staff Valkyrie: [Activate]   Deploy a unit with a deployment cost of 2 or less from your Bond Area. Then, if you did: You may place a card from your Retreat Area into your Bond Area.|
|Card #B06-042HN • Artist: Akira Fujikawa|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Claude .
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 fan translations.|
Reverted back to his NOJ name in Gharnef's fan translation patch.
|Japanese||クロード||Officially romanized as Claud. Romanized instead as Clord in the Super Tactics Book.|
Artwork of Claud from the Fire Emblem Trading Card Game.
Artwork of Claud from Treasure.
Artwork of Claud from Genealogy of the Holy War.
Claud's portrait from Genealogy of the Holy War.
- Serenes Forest: Character ages (non-canon)
- "Claud: This war will end in our defeat. All that is important to us will be lost.
Claud: I, too, had a difficult time believing the Lord's words when I was at Bragi Tower. But this is how fate will have it. I also will not likely survive." — Claud and Adean, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Sleuf: But I heard the voice in Bragi Tower. It said, "When the three pillars of light become one, the darkness in this world will vanish."
Bishop: The late Bishop Claud's voice...
Sleuf: Yes. He also said this... "Man of virtue, servant of Bragi... Be my eyes and witness the fate of this world..."" — Sleuf and a bishop, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|