From Fire Emblem Wiki, your source on Fire Emblem Wiki information. By Fans, for Fans.
- This page is about the noblewoman of Friege. For the Khadein mage who shares her name in Japanese, see Linde.
||I don't remember much of my mother. But I do remember that she always seemed so sad...
(Japanese: リンダ Linda) is a noblewoman of Grannvale's Friege family, and is the daughter of the late Lady Ethnia. Following her mother's demise, Linda reluctantly served her uncle Bloom as a warrior fighting on the behalf of the Grannvale Empire in the Manster District, but defected upon meeting her long-lost brother Amid and joined Seliph's liberation army.
Linda is Teeny's substitute character, filling her role in the story and gameplay if Tailtiu died or failed to be married in the course of the first generation.
Linda was born during Ethnia's exile in Silesse following the events of the Battle of Belhalla, and for a short time she lived there in hiding with her mother and her elder brother, Amid. However, when Linda was still very young, Ethnia's elder brother Bloom arrived in Silesse and found them, abducting Ethnia and Linda while inadvertently leaving Amid behind. The two were taken to Alster, the seat of Bloom's rule over the Manster District, and imprisoned in the castle, where they were subjected to years of constant abuse and torment from Bloom's wife Hilda. Following her mother's demise, Linda was left with a single pendant as a memento of her.
By Grann 777, long after Ethnia's death, Linda had entered Bloom's employ as one of his chief fighters in the Manster District. However, despite her service to Bloom, she frequently broke rank to assist the villagers suppressed by Bloom's rule. Late in the siege of Leonster following its recapture by Leif, Bloom deployed Linda as the leader of a small unit of mages to launch an attack on the western Fort Melgen, which had recently been captured by Seliph. During this skirmish she encountered Amid, who upon spotting her pendant identified her as his sister and convinced her to join him on Seliph's side. She continued to serve under Seliph for the rest of the war, eventually pitting herself against both Bloom and Hilda in the name of avenging her mother.
Linda is a playable character in the second generation, as Teeny's substitute. Like Teeny, she must be recruited from the enemy by her brother, Amid.
Starting stats and growth rates
Promotion stat gains
| Mage Fighter
|| B A B C B
Personality and character
As a result of the years of abuse she suffered, Linda was initially very meek and submissive, obeying Bloom's commands and shrugging off his taunts to avoid further torment. After meeting Amid and joining Seliph, while still timid and quiet, she quickly became more assertive and determined to right the wrongs she and her family had inflicted upon the world by properly helping its people. While still initially terrified of Bloom and Hilda, she nonetheless worked past this out of sheer determination to avenge Ethnia. She also, however, maintained that most of her family was not evil even when Amid still lusted for vengeance, insisting that Bloom, Ishtore and Ishtar were always decent to her and that she didn't wish to fight the latter. She quickly developed an extremely close bond with and respect for Amid upon meeting him.
Love growths and events
for more details on the love system.
- In Chapter 7, Amid can talk to Linda as an enemy after she appears, recruiting her.
- In Chapter 7, Linda can talk to Seliph after she has been recruited, yielding no reward.
- In Chapter 8, Seliph can talk to Linda after Conote has been seized, granting her +3 maximum HP and 100 love points between the pair.
- In Chapter 8, if Linda waits on the spot southwest to the tree in the map's central valley with the river, she will initiate an event where she meets Jake, granting her +3 Resistance.
- In the Endgame, if neither is married, Amid can talk to Linda at any time, granting her +1 Luck.
- In the Endgame, if the two are lovers, Linda can talk to Seliph, Ced/Hawk or Leif, granting him +3 Magic.
Genealogy of the Holy War
Linda was featured on four TCG cards.
Fire Emblem Cipher
Linda is currently featured on two cards in Fire Emblem Cipher. These cards and other Japanese Cipher parlance denote her name as (リンダ（ユグドラル） Linda (Jugdral)) in order to differentiate her from Linde, who character-wise is identically-named in Japanese; English-language fandom parlance has no need to make such a distinction.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
|| Definition, etymology and notes
|| Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation.
|| Officially romanized as Linda. Linda is a name of German origin which was created as a shortening of names such as Sieglinde and Dietlinde, and also comes from Spanish, meaning "pretty".
- ↑ "Well, my mother fought with the liberation army. After the war we all fled to Silesia. But my mother and baby sister were taken from me, and this pendant is all I have left of her. I found out just recently that it was King Blume who took them from me. I also found out that my mother had passed away but that my sister was still alive! YOU are my sister! I've come all the way from Silesia for you!" — Amid, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Bloom has some fierce warriors backing him up. There's the 3 sisters, Banba, Fotla, and Eriu, and also a mage named Linda. But Linda has a good heart... even if she is Bloom's niece. She's helped us out on numerous occasions... Yep, she's just not like the rest of them." — A villager in Chapter 7, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Bloom: Linda, you'll fight for me, won't you?
Linda: ...If that's what you wish.
Bloom: Hmph... And to think I raised you as my own when your mother passed away. Don't tell me you've forgotten all I've done for you!
Linda: Of course not, sir." — Bloom and Linda, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "I can't wait to return to Alster. I really want to work for the people when I get back." — Linda, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Amid: I've resented the Frieges since the day they took you and mother away from me. I can't tell you how much I've wanted to smash their skulls in...
Linda: But, you know... Uncle Bloom, Ishtar, and Ishtore weren't really that bad... I mean... they were nice to me and mum, at least." — Amid and Linda, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
|| This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.