|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on !
|“||Our noble duke, Lord Ring, has twin daughters as well as a younger son. Alas, the duke lost one of the girls to pirates, years and years ago... She was just a little lass...||”|
— A Grannvale villager
(Japanese: リング Ring) was the Duke of Grannvale's House Jungby in the era preceding the Battle of Belhalla, a full-blooded descendant of the Crusader Ulir and heir to the Yewfelle, and the father of Briggid, Adean and Andorey.
Along with his friend Duke Vylon of Chalphy, Ring acted as an advisor and confidante to Grannvale's Prince Kurth, and for this reason drew the ire of Reptor of Friege and Langobalt of Dozel, who viewed him, Vylon and Kurth as threats to their power in the Grannvale court. Ring was both pious and wealthy, and so before Grann 747 he and his three children made a pilgrimage by sea to the Bragi Tower. Their ship was caught in a storm, causing them to evacuate it, but during the evacuation Briggid disappeared and, despite his best efforts, he failed to find her.
At the onset of the war with Isaach in Grann 757, Ring departed for the war's front lines with Andorey at his side, despite their differences; he left the Yewfelle behind with Adean on her request, in case she found Briggid. As part of Reptor and Langobalt's conspiracy against Vylon, Ring was also framed as an accomplice to Vylon's alleged murder of Kurth. In a bid to prove his loyalty to Reptor's faction, Andorey killed Ring and succeeded him as Duke of Jungby, an act which disgusted even Langobalt.
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
- According to the Treasure family tree, Ring was married twice. His first wife was the mother of Adean and Briggid, while his second wife was Andorey's mother. Neither wife's identities are known. 
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Ring||Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation.|
|Japanese||リング||Officially romanized as Ring.|
Ring's portrait in Genealogy of the Holy War.
- "In light of of King Azmur’s advanced age, the governance of Grannvale falls to his son, the highly respected Prince Kurth. Kurth has two trusted advisors assisting in his rule: Lord Vylon of House Chalphy, and Lord Ring of House Jungby. Grannvale’s chancellor, Lord Reptor of House Friege, has long objected to the threat to his influence posed by Kurth and his advisors, and with House Dozel’s avaricious ruler Langobalt has formed a power bloc in opposition to Kurth’s rule over Grannvale." — Opening narration of the Prologue, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "The Tower of Bragi was a place where large amounts of wealthy people traveled for pilgrimage. The faithful and wealthy Lord Ring of Jungby was also heading towards the Tower along with his children once again. However, the ship got caught in a storm and was in danger of sinking. The calm second daughter Adean and the scared first son Andorey stayed next to Lord Ring, but the energetic first daughter Briggid was playing inside the ship and her whereabouts were unknown. Having no choice, Lord Ring takes the two children and evacuate the ship. Afterwards, they made best efforts to find Briggid in all directions, but she could not be found......." - Designers' notes from Treasure, as translated by Serenes Forest
- "While Lady Adean stayed in Grannvale, the son Lord Andre accompanied his lord father on the Isaach campaign. I’m a bit surprised. The two sadly aren’t getting along well now the boy’s grown. You didn’t hear it from me, though!" — A Grannvale villager, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Sigurd: You must mean Briggid. She's been missing since your childhood, hasn't she... You still believe you can find her, do you?
Adean: That's correct. And when I do, I must give the Holy Bow Yewfelle to her!" — Sigurd and Adean, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Your Majesty. Please, I'll explain once more. Lord Vylon assassinated the prince with the help of Lord Ring of Jungby. Duke Reptor and Duke Langobalt both witnessed the entire horrible spectacle!" — Arvis, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "That contemptuous little brat. He shows absolutely no remorse for killing his own father. Lord Ring... may you rest in peace." — Langobalt, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- A family tree in Fire Emblem: Treasure (scan by Serenes Forest)
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|