|“||I live and breathe to protect mankind. I cannot abandon them to you. Now, as it once did so long ago, these woods will witness your defeat.||”|
— Morva, to Lyon.
Morva (Japanese: ムルヴァ Morva) is a character in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. He acts as a foster father to Myrrh, and watches over the Demon King's body in Darkling Woods. He was the one who led the attack on the Demon King 800 years before the events of the game.
Morva is the adoptive father of Myrrh, after she lost her true parents to the Demon King. Morva sends his daughter to search Magvel for the dark presence emanating from the south of the continent. He himself never leaves Darkling Woods.
Lyon kills Morva and Myrrh is able to sense this when Ephraim and Eirika enter the heart of Darkling Woods. Lyon reanimates Morva, to Riev's excitement. Morva's animate corpse is one of the bosses of chapter 20, alongside Riev, and is killed by Ephraim's and Eirika's army.
Myrrh's mourns for a short time in solitude after this, lying to Eirika, saying Morva prefers to keep his distance. Ephraim's sees through Myrrh's falsehood and comforts her.
Chapter 20 Easy/Normal Chapter 20 Hard
- While his class is called "Manakete", it essentially functions as if it were a Draco Zombie.
Morva does not have any death quotes.
|“||...Urrgh... I'm... sorry...||”|
— Myrrh, speaking to Morva, who does not respond.
- Morva visited Caer Pelyn about 100 years before the War of the Stones.
- In the leaked prototype of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, dialogue said by Saleh implies that Morva originally was going to travel alongside Myrrh on her journey to Grado, instead of remaining in Darkling Woods. Saleh states that he is looking for "a father and daughter", in the final release he instead says he is searching for a lone indigo haired girl.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Official artwork of Morva from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.
- "I myself have never seen his noble personage. However, I have heard that Dara met him once when she was young. Some monsters had wandered into Caer Pelyn, and the Great Dragon saved us." - Saleh, mentioning his grandmother Dara meeting Morva in her youth. During the time this conversation occurs, Dara is around 100 years of age, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- "Saleh: If you find that father and daughter, tell them the villagers are looking for them..." — Vicent ASM, FE7/8 prototype dialogue - Updated II, Serenesforest.net, Published: 6th December 2009, Retrieved: 20th November 2015