(No image available)
||But you have to read it. You don't want Father MacGregor to discipline you again.
— Lyon to Ephraim
Father MacGregor (Japanese: マクレガー司祭 Bishop MacGregor) is a clergyman of Grado and a minor character appearing in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. He is one of Lyon's Eirika's, and Ephraim's teachers.
Years before the events of the game, Father MacGregor was one of Lyon's, Eirika's and Ephraim's teachers in Grado. While both Eirika and Lyon were dutiful students, Ephraim's mind often wandered, and was thus frequently scolded. MacGregor guided the trio throughout the years, and was one of the people aware of Lyon's magical studies involving the Sacred Stone of Grado. Lyon hoped to eventually persuade and relieve MacGregors worries by demonstrating the immense power of the stone and its uses for the greater good.
Shortly before the events of chapter 5 Father MacGregor is executed by prince Lyon,  though is able to tell Natasha of the prince's plans to destroy the Sacred Stones before perishing.
Personality and character
Ephraim appears to have not really liked MacGregor, primarily due to the harsh reactions he would receive from negelcting his studies. MacGregor seems to have taught a wide range of subjects, from court courtesy to history.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
||Definition, etymology and notes
||MacGregor means "son of Gregor".
- ↑ "Father MacGregor is also against it. That's why they still won't give me direct access to the Stone of Grado. For the time being, I've made do with the radiant energies surrounding it. They're nothing compared to the raw power of the stone itself, but... If I can show Father MacGregor some real progress, perhaps one day..." — Lyon, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- ↑ "Of course... A few days past, my mentor was arrested without warning. They executed him. They said he as a traitor..." — Natasha, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- ↑ "His Majesty ordered the invasion of Renais, as Prince Lyon asked him to. Father MacGregor grew concerned with Prince Lyon's health. He tried several times to dissuade him from his path. Prince Lyon executed him personally." — Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- ↑ "Yes. My mentor told me with his final breath. The emperor plans to destroy the Sacred Stones." — Natasha, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- ↑ "After all, a king must learn to treat women with honor and discretion. That's what Father MacGregor says." — Lyon, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- ↑ "...And so the hero Grado and his companions used the five Sacred Stones to seal away the evil of the Demon King, and his wicked soul was locked within the Stone of Grado. The Stone of Grado came to be known as the Fire Emblem. To this day, it's kept safe and honored as a national treasure of the empire. ...I think that's about it. For more on Grado's life, read "Founding
Emperor Grado." It's comprehensive.
Ephraim: ...It's so thick. ...And the letters are so small.
Lyon:But you have to read it. You don't want Father MacGregor to discipline you again." — Lyon and Ephraim, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
||This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.