Jehanna (Japanese: ジャハナ Jyahana) is a Sacred Stone-possessing desert nation in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, located on part of the east coast of Magvel. Jehanna is on the border of several countries, north of Jehanna is Rausten, west is Renais, northwest is Carcino and southwest is Grado.
Jehanna is mostly composed of desert, Jehanna Hall is located in the desert portion of the country. Travelers can find various treasures buried in the shifting sands, one item of note is Metis's Tome, a document belonging to some unspecified person named Metis. Many people from Jehanna seem to posses red hair, though not all.
Like the other countries housing a Sacred Stone Jehanna was founded 800 years prior the War of the Stones. Some time after its founding the country became famous for its variety of mercenaries, Gerik's Mercenaries being one well known group. During the war Jehanna is attacked by Grado. During this attack Ismaire is killed and the Sacred Stone of Jehanna is destroyed.
Notable locations in Jehanna
- Main article: Jehanna Hall
Jehanna Hall is the residence of Jehanna's royal family, it is located near a small oasis to the west.
- Main article: Lagdou Ruins
Lagdou Ruins is located on the east coast of Magvel and within Jehanna's drawn borders.
Characters from Jehanna
|Queen of the White dunes, Joshua's mother and a proficient wielder of the sword.||The Sacred Stones|
|The prince of Jehanna, he left a over decade before the events of The sacred Stones to find himself, an avid gambler.||The Sacred Stones|
|A dancer, and Ewan's elder sister. Took up dancing to provide for her brother after being abandoned as a child.||The Sacred Stones|
|A young pupil being taught magic by Saleh, Tethys' younger brother.||The Sacred Stones|
|Chief of a band of mercenaries known as "Gerik's Mercenaries".||The Sacred Stones|
|Known as the "Crimson Flash", is member of Gerik's Mercenaries. Despite her stoic appearance, she is friendly when interacted with, though lacks social skills.||The Sacred Stones|
|Jehanna's most decorated commander who served Jehanna for 20 years, hopelessly in love with Ismaire.||The Sacred Stones|
|Once a mercenary, now a general of Grado, Caellach is an old former friend of Joshua and Aias. Known as the "Tiger Eye".||The Sacred Stones|
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Jehanna||Slight spelling modification derived from the Japanese name.|
|Japanese||ジャハナ||Officially romanized as Jyahana. A modification of Jahannam, the name of the Islamic afterlife location for those who have done evil.|
Within the walls of Jehanna Hall
- "It’s been more than ten years." — Joshua, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- "The truth is, Ewan and I? We were abandoned by our parents. [...] Then one day I said to myself, “We cannot go on like this!” I watched a dancer on a street corner and memorized all of her moves. I wasn’t a very coordinated child and it was so difficult. I didn’t have real shoes, so my feet were a mess of blisters, and I fell so many times I was covered in cuts and bruises. It was painful. And miserable. And very, very difficult. But I never cried. Because if were to cry, he would cry. And I loved seeing Ewan’s smiling face. I wanted him to smile all the time, so I worked hard so he could." — Tethys, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones Accompanies Gerik.
- "After all these years of loyal service as Jehanna’s most decorated commander…" — Ismaire, to Carlyle, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- "The first time I met you, twenty years ago now…" — Carlyle to Ismaire, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones