Roy's Trial (Japanese: ロイの試練 Roy's Trial) is a trial map in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. In order to unlock this map, the player player must complete the game with the good ending (i.e. ending at the Endgame rather than Chapter 22) in Hard Mode.
Roy falls into a trap in the Nabata Desert and is separated from his soldiers. Bandits move in to strike. Can Roy survive this onslaught all by himself?
|Victory: Rout the enemy
|Defeat: Roy dies
Units retain the stats and inventory they had at the end of the final chapter.
- Stats with two figures separated by a ~ are presented as a range, representing stats that vary due to random growths. The figures to the left and right of the ~ are the stat's minimum and maximum possible values respectively.
- Enemy phase of turns 10–22
- 1 Fighter from the northwestern fort
- Enemy phase of turns 12–24
- 1 Fighter from the northeastern fort
- Enemy phase of turns 14–26
- 1 Fighter from the easternmost fort
- Enemy phase of turns 16–26
- 1 Fighter from the southernmost fort
- Enemy phase of turns 18–30
- 1 Fighter from the southwestern fort
- Enemy phase of turns 20–32
- 1 Fighter from the westernmost fort
|This section details unofficial strategies that may help with completion of the chapter. This may not work for everybody.
If you have neglected Roy throughout your gameplay, brace yourself for a challenging map. The difficulty does not stem from Roy being easily defeated, but rather from the need to defeat most enemies in a single strike. If Roy cannot manage this, you risk depleting your weapons, making the map extremely hard, if not impossible. However, a well-leveled Roy is less likely to be hit by enemies.
If you have invested in leveling Roy up, arm him with several Silver Swords. With these, and assuming he has decent speed (around 20) and near-maximum strength, he can take out non-promoted enemies in one hit. For promoted enemies, you would typically need two hits with the Silver Sword. Alternatively, you can rely on the Killing Edge or the Durandal and Binding Blade.
Do not forget that using the Sword of Seals as an item can restore 30 HP. If Roy can quickly defeat the first group of Warriors and then position himself atop a fort, he will recover from most damage. This is because the Warriors, with their bows, are the primary threat in inflicting damage. For optimal maneuverability, especially through sand, ensure Roy is equipped with Boots, available at the Secret Shop in Chapter 21.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology, and in other regions
|Definition, etymology, and notes