|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on !
|“||We are men of Sacae. We must make those who desecrate our land pay. However...even if we do win this war and destroy Bern, those that we lost will still not return.||”|
Dayan (Japanese: ダヤン Dayan) is the chieftain of the Kutolah tribe of Sacae, known by the epithet "The Silver Wolf" and renowned as the greatest warrior in all of Sacae. In the Disturbance of Bern, even in the face of a crushing defeat, Dayan successfully continued to lead a guerrilla resistance against the Bern occupation of Sacae.
- 1 Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- 2 Personality and character
- 3 Supports
- 4 Endings
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Other appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Etymology and other languages
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
At Roartz's manor on the outskirts of Bulgar, Dayan arrived partway through Roy's final battle for Sacae against Roartz, seeking to continue the fight against Bern even though none of his comrades remained. He approached Roy and thanked him for his assistance in liberating Sacae, then allied with him.
Starting stats and growth rates
Dayan joins near the end of the game, and as such, he may have a hard time finding a spot on a team. However, he has great base stats, allowing him to one round the Wyvern Riders that appear for the rest of the game with just a Silver Bow while doing big damage to the Wyvern Lords, and doubling other enemies reliably. Additionally, because he can use A rank bows at base, he is only 50 bow hits from getting S rank, giving him access to Mulagir, which lets him do massive damage to the manaketes that reside in endgame. In addition, he also has C rank swords, which lets him use a variety of swords right off the bat like the Killing Edge and Wyrmslayer, so he isn't limited to 2 range.
All in all, he's a solid filler unit despite his late join time.
Personality and character
Dayan is a calm, measured and wise leader, excelling in counselling and reading other people. He has a strong sense of honor as a Sacaen warrior, despising underhanded tactics and trickery in combat, and lamented that the circumstances of resistance against Bern required him and other rebels to resort to the underhanded practices of guerrilla warfare rather than an honorable head-on confrontation. In the face of the overwhelming odds against him, he had resolved to keep fighting until his inevitable death, until he met Roy and allied with him.
Dayan's experiences with fighting Bern and other invaders have taught him of the risks of foreign armies having a presence in Sacae and the potential threat of authoritarian rule over Sacae by even an initially benevolent force. He maintains a strong adherence to the mythology and faiths of Sacae, and is initially wary of Jodel out of concerns that the latter would try to force the Elimine faith on him; instead, the two end up bonding over discussing the similarities and differences of their religions, indicating Dayan's interest in the subject. Indeed, his "Silver Wolf" title was inspired by Sacaen mythology attesting that humans are descended from wolves.
The Binding Blade
- Main article: Dayan/Supports
Dayan - Silver Wolf
Short: Reunited his former clansmen.
Long: Dayan built a new clan centering around his remaining Kutolah brothers. His quest did not go without oppression, but he used his perserverence and leadership to create harmony and lead the clan to become the greatest in Sacae.
|“||This is the Demon Dragon...||”|
— Dayan, in the Final Chapter of The Binding Blade.
|“||I... hear the wind in the meadow again...||”|
— Dayan, in The Binding Blade.
Fire Emblem Cipher
Dayan is currently featured on one card in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Dayan|
|Silver Wolf, Dayan|
|"We are men of Sacae. Those who desecrate our land must pay."|
|Attack: 70||Support: 20||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 4|
|Class: Nomadic Trooper||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 3|
|Greatest Hero of the Plains: [Trigger] When this unit is deployed, choose as many other allies as you wish, and move them.|
Chieftain of the Kutolah: [Activate] [Once per turn]  Choose 1 card with a Deployment Cost of 2 or lower that is both and from your Retreat Area, and deploy it.
Canto: [Trigger] When this unit’s attack ends, you may move this unit.
|Card #B21-085HN • Artist: Nekohayashi|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Dayad .
- Dayans title is mistakingly said to be "Ashen Wolf" instead of "Silver Wolf" in Uhais Battleconversation with Guy in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. This mistake likely stems from the first symbol in the japanese word for "Ashen" being the same as the symbol used for "Silver". Interesstingly, his title is correctly translated in Raths endingtext in the same game.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Dayan||Referenced in passing in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. Possibly derived from Moshe Dayan, an Israeli military leader.|
|Japanese||ダヤン||Officially romanized as Dayan; as above|
- Fire Emblem 6: Dayan Artbook Translation | kantopia, www.kantopia.wordpress.com, Retrieved: 22 July 2018
- "Betrayal and trickery are but mere tactics to them. It is only us who think that such methods are dirty." — Dayan, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "My clan was always fighting against Bern and the clans that submitted to them. We were forced to reside to guerilla warfare instead of going up against them honorably, face to face." — Dayan, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "Good, the mansion is in chaos. I shall fight those Bern troops alone, to the death!" — Dayan, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "Dayan: But I want to ask you one thing. Once this battle is over, do you intend to withdraw your troops right away?
Roy: After this battle?
Dayan: Yes. Sacae belongs to us Sacaens. If authoritarian rule by Bern is only to be replaced by Etrurian rule, then we would have to fight you next." — Dayan and Roy, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "Dayan: Do you need something from me? If you wish to preach, I already have a deity to worship.
Jodel: No, I did not come to preach.
Dayan: ...Are you sure? Do you not have to serve your god?
Jodel: Of course, my mission is to guide those in need of direction. But you Sacaens already have the sky and earth to worship. God would not approve of me pushing my beliefs on to you.
Dayan: ...I see." — Dayan and Jodel, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "The name 'Silver Wolf' comes from our ancestry. Our legends say that our ancestors were wolves." — Dayan, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- Moshe Dayan | Israeli statesman | Britannica.com, www.britannica.com, Retrieved: 22 July 2018
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|