| When adding content from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, particularly story information, please make sure your contributions are properly referenced.|
Unverified content may be deleted.
Wikipedia features a more in-depth article.
The Wii U (Japanese: ウィー ユー Wii U) is Nintendo's eighth-generation home video game console, and the successor of the Wii. As with the Wii, its design is centred around its unique controller: the Wii U GamePad, a large tablet-like controller with a touchscreen in addition to standard buttons. The GamePad's screen can be used either as a supplement to the console's main display on the television or, for some games, as the primary display through "Off-TV Play". It also supports the Wii's standard motion controllers, as well as its own Wii U Pro Controller, a standard controller without gimmicks. It is the first Nintendo console to support high definition graphics.
Currently, the spin-off game Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE is the only Wii U Fire Emblem series title. Nintendo representative Hitoshi Yamagami has stated that the great cost of developing a full new Fire Emblem game for Wii U would require such a game to sell at least 700,000 copies, something presently unfeasible given the Wii U's current install base. The Wii U continues to offer the Virtual Console game emulation service, through which Nintendo's vast back catalog of older games is available for purchase and download, now with the addition of Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS titles; eight Fire Emblem games are currently available on the service. Additionally, the Wii U is backward-compatible with Wii games, such as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
Fire Emblem series games available for Wii U
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (Japan only)
- Fire Emblem Gaiden (Japan only)
- Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (Japan only)
- Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Japan only)
- Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Japan only)
- Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Japan only)
- Fire Emblem
- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Playable through backward-compatibility
- McFerran, D., Nintendo: Wii U Fire Emblem Would Need To Sell 700K To Justify The Effort, Nintendo Life, Published: 2013-07-10, Retrieved: 2014-03-22
- Wii U official North American website
- Wii official Japanese website
- Wii U on Wikipedia
- Wii U on NintendoWiki
|Consoles of the Fire Emblem series|