- 1 Good programs to rip sprites from screenshots
- 2 Japanese name for the World of Radiance and it's chapters
- 3 Fates Enemy-only Classes
- 4 About the banners I 've taken from FE Heroes Gamepedia
- 5 Revisions to Marth's gallery (and general gallery guidelines)
- 6 Ballista engines
- 7 Family matters in Genealogy of the Holy War
- 8 Fates Game Over
- 9 Spirits in Ultimate
Good programs to rip sprites from screenshots
Japanese name for the World of Radiance and it's chapters
Just stopping by to ask if these can be added to the World of Radiance page before I do anything else. Let me know if you have any opinions.
- Main Chapter - (Japanese:蒼炎の世界 World of the Blue Flame)
- Part 1: Radiant Mercenaries - (Japanese:蒼炎の傭兵団 ???) ← Not to sure about this one
- Part 2: A Mercenary's Pride - (Japanese:誇り高き副長 ???) ← Not to sure about this one
- Part 3: The Imperial Prince - (Japanese:帝国の皇子 Prince of the Empire)
- Part 4: The Last Line of Defense - (Japanese:最後の砦 The Final Fort)
- Part 5: Radiant Hero - (Japanese:蒼炎の勇者 Heroes of the Blue Flame) Master Snake (talk) 02:28, 2 February 2018 (UTC)
- Part 2 is "Mercenaries of the Blue Flame". Part 3 is "Proud Commander". Last one should be singular, Ike's title is "Hero of the Blue Flame" in Japanese. PikaSamus (talk) 02:34, 2 February 2018 (UTC)
Fates Enemy-only Classes
Hi, I see you have reverted my edits adding information to enemy-only classes from Fates (for example, Stoneborn) and would like to ask why you have done so. I wasn't just adding numbers pulled out of thin air; I looked into the game files and those classes truly do all have 0% growths in every stat. Geodude (talk) 18:47, 7 February 2018 (UTC)
- It just doesn't add up. If all growth rates were zero, then enemies of that class would all have the same stats regardless of level. PikaSamus (talk) 18:49, 7 February 2018 (UTC)
- The game has a different set of growth rates for enemies vs playable characters of a particular class. Enemy Stoneborn have growths of 100/70/0/40/25/0/75/30, but if you cheated and made a playable character a member of the Stoneborn class, they would have no growths beyond what they have personally. Geodude (talk) 19:04, 7 February 2018 (UTC)
- There's nothing to apologize for, Gamepedia just uploaded the versions that are in the game files. I added the text to the Michalis one by taking a screenshot and overlaying the text over the one you uploaded. PikaSamus (talk) 17:13, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
Revisions to Marth's gallery (and general gallery guidelines)
Hi, PikaSamus. I have noticed your revisions and notes on the edits I made to Marth's gallery. I apologize for making so many edits without fully familiarizing myself with what standards should be followed on Fire Emblem Wiki. While I have accounts on several game wikis - such as Mario Wiki and Zelda Wiki - I'm still new here, and I know that each wiki operates independently of one another and have their own guidelines. However, in the interim, I would like to respond.
Firstly, I noticed you removed group artwork that featured Marth from the gallery page.
Just curious: why is group artwork inappropriate for the gallery? Is Marth's presence in the artwork not enough? Is there some sort of cutoff? One of the illustrations you removed only features three characters.
With regards to your comments: "(a) the sprite gallery is on a lot of pages, b) that fe13 description... where does it come from? not the game for sure; c) listing artists seems superfluous)"
- (a) I am aware that the sprite gallery is on a lot of other pages, but I would still argue it is in-congruent with the rest of the gallery. imho, it looks weird and out of place with how the other images are presented on the page. Some of the same portrait sprites in the sprite drop-down gallery are displayed again under the official artwork. Why have this redundancy and inconsistency?
- (b) The description for Awakening came from Serenes Forest. Based on other character lists, I assumed the description was directly from FE13, but I admittedly couldn't double check. My copy of Awakening is not on me at the moment. That was presumptuous of me...
- (c)This was personal preference. I would argue there is value to knowing who provided the artwork, or that it is at least interesting, but I agree it is not "essential" and the same info is conveyed on other pages.
Last thing, is there some sort of guideline page for how galleries should be arranged? I can't seem to find one.
- Most of those group artworks were accidentally left out when I was going through it. However, the Heroes group artwork, I found redundant, since we already have the solo Marth image. Portraits usually aren't included in the gallery, I'm not exactly sure why some characters do. I agree that it seems redundant, except in the case of characters from games which cannot be included in a sprite gallery due to not having sprites used in battle (i.e. Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates, and Shadows of Valentia). We do not have a set policy on galleries, and we should probably make one. Perhaps bring it up on Project:Ostia Square or something. PikaSamus (talk) 20:00, 8 March 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for the info on the direct translation. Still looking at the sprites, descriptions and such, it does appear FE1/FE11 Shooters were meant to have have engines. Besides the sounds likely being an onomatopoeia for an engine, Grigas squad being called the Wooden Horse/Cavalry, implies the vehicles are able to move. I'm very sure Beck meant the fruit was used for Fuel rather then to grease the wheels, Fan translation script link. A Japanese fansite says oil according to google translate. As Another thing to consider is in Tearring Saga, there's a class called "Wood Shooter", virtually the same name as Shooter/Ballistican and is definitely shown to use an engine. Emperor Hardin (talk) 22:08, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
Family matters in Genealogy of the Holy War
- Dude, why is this so important to you that they are listed on each other's family sections? It's just for a brief overview of important relations, and not every single possible relation whatsoever. Infoboxes aren't for extremely detailed information but simply the basics. PikaSamus (talk) 01:16, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
Fates Game Over
Hey, so I see that you are replacing all the Fates defeat conditions to include a hover for Casual and Phoenix modes. While I think it's great that you're doing this, there's two issues I wish to point out:
- Unlike Awakening, you are not required to deploy Corrin on any DLC map, meaning the Player's team is routed would still apply if you are playing Classic without Corrin deployed.
- It's actually near impossible to get a normal Game Over on Phoenix mode even if the team is routed. (Trust me, I tested it.) So unless the map has an unusual objective (Escape in X turns), Phoenix mode basically has no Game Over.
- OK; I'll remove the Phoenix mode thing (the DLC chapter edits were undone already). To be really honest, I never actually played Phoenix mode. PikaSamus (talk) 01:25, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
Spirits in Ultimate
Hello! I saw your sandboxed Spirit pages and I was wondering if you're alright if I help out documenting them. I feel I might be farther ahead in the game based on what you have, but I didn't want to suddenly step in without your permission. Fastesthe1 (talk) 07:12, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
- That would be nice, thanks. PikaSamus (talk) 14:55, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
- About the Anna and Ryoma spirits, they actually fall under a fourth category known as "Master Spirits". You unlock them in the World of Light, but instead of using them in battle you unlock their facilities, a shop and dojo respectively. Since there is only two of them, I think we could just use the Fighter Spirit template and have "they run a shop/dojo" in the article itself. What do you think? Fastesthe1 (talk) 02:26, 27 December 2018 (UTC)