Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on ! Or, to join our Skype chat, contact any active admin and ask to be added.
NOTICE: If you borrow any content from Fire Emblem Wiki and reuse it elsewhere, you must credit us as the original source, under the terms of our licence. If you do not do so, we may ask you to remove the relevant content.
Hello, BrandedOne, and welcome to this wiki. I have just seen what you have done in the wiki, and it seems that you know some about the games. Is there any way to contact you? AIM, Skype... The wiki has a chat group in Skype, and you can request things or ask for help there. ~ Aria der Donau 13:35, 7 November 2010 (MST)
- Hello! I haven't been very active lately but I would agree with the fact that it would be a great idea to find another way to communicate with users. You can email me at [email protected] or drop a message on my talk page. Over 80% of our articles are stubs so have fun! Strategex 17:51, 7 November 2010 (MST)
- It's nice to be welcomed! I'm excited to help out, but I don't have any experience with editing, and as such, I might mess up some of the things I'm trying to change. I would love to communicate with everyone, my Skype is BrandedOne13, so let me know what I can do. I'm the most experienced with PoR, RD and SD, but I haven't played any of the other games, so I can't really help much there, but I'm glad to contribute where I can. BrandedOne 18:45, 7 November 2010 (MST)
I am farely new to this wiki (or any) and I was wondering how to put a image in my user page.
Oh I see
- Don't worry about it. I've just been correcting a lot of mistakes lately... BrandedOne 17:52, 11 May 2011 (MDT)
- The first two are on the wiki. I can work on finding the third, I guess. BrandedOne 17:31, 29 July 2011 (EDT)
- Sorry, I meant Eliwood instead of Eirika. Idiot :P Super (duh...)Alpaca 17:36, 29 July 2011 (EDT)
- Eliwood is also on the wiki. I reuploaded those renders yesterday (or maybe the day before, I can't remember exactly). FE1 Marth is up on the wiki now - I actually found a better quality version of it. :) BrandedOne 17:58, 29 July 2011 (EDT)
- Sorry, I meant Eliwood instead of Eirika. Idiot :P Super (duh...)Alpaca 17:36, 29 July 2011 (EDT)
The new templates
- I noticed the Pherae page looked weird. I'll see what the problem is with CharPlace. But is ItemLoc also not working? It seemed to work fine for me. BrandedOne 00:00, 5 August 2011 (EDT)
- It does not work when there's more than "method/data1" and "method/datalast". Other values (such as "method/data2") get lost. For examples, you can look at Steel Sword~ Aria der Donau 00:25, 5 August 2011 (EDT)
Yeah, I just thought I would fill in the basic information first, then start with the more in-depth writing, so we know what we're working with to start with :) BearFrog 15:45 (server time) 7 August 2011
Fire and Thunder Magic.
I was wondering if you could help expand the Fire (magic) and Thunder (magic) pages. Such as expanding the actual article, adding magic from more Fire Emblem games, and putting in more links. I would really apperciate it if you did. Giant X 12:41, 11 August 2011 (EDT)
- I would love to. If you have any specific questions about editing, please don't hesitate to ask. BrandedOne 13:27, 11 August 2011 (EDT)
- I know how to edit articles, it's just that I only specialize in two Fire Emblem Games. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Other than that, I pretty much know nothing about Fire Emblem. By the way, i'll call you when I type up the basic wind magic article too. Giant X 23:49, 11 August 2011 (EDT)
- I understand completely. Most of what I've learned about Fire Emblem has been since I started working on this wiki. Before that, PoR and RD were the only games I played. If that's your area of expertise, maybe editing pages more relevant to those games would be good. (And I can take care of the wind page unless you want to.) Whatever works for you is fine, but just a suggestion. :) BrandedOne 23:55, 11 August 2011 (EDT)
- I typed up the wind magic article. Feel free to expand on it because I bretty much got the basics set up. By the way, I have a question. Is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn number 10 or 11 in the series? Giant X 00:41, 12 August 2011 (EDT)
- Radiant Dawn is #10. Take a look at the Main Page ;) BrandedOne 00:44, 12 August 2011 (EDT)
Don't worry about fixing my userpage! I appreciate all the help I can get! :)
Oh, and here's an advance apology for some of the pages I've worked on being a little weird. I'm not really great with HTML and web coding stuff.
But anyway, thanks for your help!
- No, thank you! :) For someone who claims to not know about coding, you know more than most new editors, so congrats! I am an admin here (as my userpage says...) so if you need help with anything, please feel free to ask. Have fun editing! BrandedOne 23:26, 25 September 2011 (EDT)
Hi, it's me again! Sorry to already have a question, but what is the Skype group? Like, what do you guys use it for? I've never used Skype before, but I may be interested in joining.
Thank you very much for your help!
Thanks! I'll look into joining Skype a little later today! You guys are all really helpful on this wiki! :)
Thanks for calling my attention to this problem. I have scheduled a cleaning for next Saturday - all templates that are not being used or lack a clear purpose will be deleted. ~ Aria der Donau 15:17, 4 December 2011 (EST)
- You're welcome. :) Most of those templates were Amy copying stuff from Zelda Wiki... BrandedOne 16:27, 4 December 2011 (EST)
Can I ask you what the purpose of adding line breaks into those articles is for? And why you are now reverting pretty much all the stuff I just spent quite a bit of time working on? Natasha 01:08, 22 January 2012 (EST)
- Line breaks are all about the display. We want to make things aesthetically pleasing, and that's why we put line breaks there. I appreciate the work you've done, that actually saved me the time that it would have taken to do it myself, so thanks. :) I'm putting back the qualifiers for the siblings because I think it's important to know that Tana is Innes's younger sister, etc. I believe I only actually undid one edit there, and I'm not trying to waste your time. However, little things like reorganizing the order of the infobox fields really doesn't do anything... so while it's not wrong, it's a little unnecessary. Thanks for the time that you've taken to fill out all of those captions and help text fields, it's a really big help! :) BrandedOne 01:16, 22 January 2012 (EST)
- The problem with line breaks in this case is that not everyone uses the same resolution or browser when visiting the website. For some people, a line break disrupts the word flow such that it forces the text onto more than just two lines, making it look awkward and out of place. A line break after every sentence is absurd, and even the games themselves don't use line breaks in their descriptions.
- Using "qualifiers" for siblings according to age isn't something that can be held universal in all situations. Sometimes, you don't know whether a sibling is older or younger because the games simply don't mention it. If someone is that interested in knowing whether Innes is older than Tana, they should look it up on the article page about Innes because there would probably be a reference which mentions that kind of information.
- And reorganizing the order of the infobox fields according to the way they were originally set up in the template is for convenience sake, so that every time something changes or new information is discovered, it can be added without having to first figure out which fields are missing from the infobox. Natasha 01:43, 22 January 2012 (EST)
- I understand your point about people viewing in different resolutions, but our infoboxes are all fixed in width, meaning everyone views them at the same resolution. That's where I've been putting line breaks, where everyone can clearly see the effects of them no matter the computer they're using. So, just because we don't know all of the qualifiers for siblings doesn't mean we don't know some of them. Why not display the knowledge that we have in its full extent? People want to retrieve information quickly this day in age, and so putting the qualifier there saves them the search. Plus, I believe our editor-in-chief User:Aria der Donau began listing siblings this way, and it would be good to follow her example. Having said that, I see where you're coming from in regards to organizing infoboxes. I wouldn't need it myself, so my first thought is that it's a bit of an overkill, but I can definitely see where that would be useful for other people. BrandedOne 09:10, 22 January 2012 (EST)
- If you’re going to make up arbitrary rules without any collaboration from other users or rationale besides “this is the way we’re doing it,” at least have the common courtesy to tell someone before they invest their personal time and effort into trying to improve the wiki. Or at least have an established manual of style or policies that are agreed upon by the community that people can refer to before they start editing here. Precedent examples are not a rational basis in and of themselves.
- Whatever… I’m not going to bother wasting my time here anymore. Natasha 12:29, 22 January 2012 (EST)
- And I can no longer move pages. Something happened when our webmaster made some updates a while ago, and we're not sure exactly what. We're trying our best to resolve the issue. BrandedOne (talk) 15:51, 29 June 2012 (EDT)
- Hmm... actually, I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find anything out. You sure you're logged in when you're trying to create the page? Try using the entry box on the Main Page? BrandedOne (talk) 15:55, 29 June 2012 (EDT)
- I tried it, and it does not work. --34Krom43 (talk) 06:18, 30 June 2012 (EDT)
- I'm ashamed to inform that this seems to be an after-effect of the measures taken to control the spam. However, not all users have been denied this right, so... 34Krom34, I would suggest to keep helping other pages; at certain point you should "gain" the right to create pages again. ~ Aria der Donau (talk) 23:51, 5 July 2012 (EDT)
A template issue
The template for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn has a problem - Micaiah shows up in the bosses section of the template, but her name is misspelled as Michaiah. I don't know how to fix it, and I don't seem to have the authoritah to either fix the template, or get respect for my authoritah. Can you fix it? Thanks. Infernape612 (talk) 16:39, 2 September 2013 (UTC)