|It was the headquarters and lair of the dragons... That's what the legends say, anyway.
Prior to the Scouring, the dragons of Elibe primarily resided in Bern. When the war between humans and dragons began, they used the Dragon Sanctuary as their base of operations. Here, the final clash between Hartmut and the Demon Dragon also took place. Hartmut sealed both the Demon Dragon and the sanctuary's power, ending in an overwhelming victory for humans.
The Disturbance of Bern
Sometime before the Disturbance of Bern, King Zephiel of Bern ventured to the Dragon Sanctuary and unsealed the Demon Dragon within. With the Demon Dragon by his side, he launched an invasion on nearly all of Elibe. Because of this, Jahn left the sanctuary and sought Zephiel out for an alliance.
After Zephiel's death at the hands of Roy and the Etrurian Army, Wyvern General Brunnya took the Demon Dragon Idunn back to the sanctuary in order to fulfill Zephiel's dream of a world without humans. Roy discovered the sanctuary's location thanks to a light produced by the legendary weapons, and defeated Brunnya to enter.
Inside, Roy encounters Jahn's illusions. Across several battles, Roy ventures deeper into the sanctuary and learns the truth of the Demon Dragon from Jahn. Eventually, Roy reaches the sanctuary's innermost chamber with the Demon Dragon awaiting him.
Roy defeats her and seals her power using the Binding Blade, which causes the Dragon Sanctuary to collapse in on itself without Idunn's power to sustain it.
According to legend, the Dragon Sanctuary will rise out of the ground when all legendary weapons are assembled, leading to the conclusion that it, or at least its entrance, is usually underground. It is located in the side of one of Bern's mountains, close to a large lake.
The entire structure consists of a series of ornate rooms, connected only by slim pathways. These end in a final large chamber, where the Demon Dragon resides.
The Dragon Sanctuary is said to have the power of dragons. It empowers the dragons within it, such as allowing Jahn to use illusions even in human form and improves the dragons' regenerative abilities. These powers were seemingly suppressed by Hartmut's sealing of the Demon Dragon, and thus only unleashed when Zephiel freed her.
|The demon dragon that was feared by all mankind during the Scouring. She was sealed inside the Dragon Temple until Zephiel awoke her.
|The Binding Blade
|The final surviving true dragon of the Dragon Temple. He hid within to recover from the wounds he sustained during the Scouring.
|The Binding Blade
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology, and in other regions
|Definition, etymology, and notes
Likely refers to how it serves as a base for dragons to retreat to and recover in.
Temple du dragon
Temple of the dragon
Tempio del drago
Temple of the dragon
- "It was the headquarters and lair of the dragons... That's what the legends say, anyway." — Merlinus in Chapter 22, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "For one thousand years... Having survived the Scouring, I waited, healing my wounds. I waited for the resurrection of the demon dragon. For our chance of victory." — Jahn in Chapter 24, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- " Lord Roy, legend says that when all the legendary weapons come together, the Dragon Sanctuary will rise from the ground!" — Merlinus in Chapter 22, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "This sanctuary is the only place that dragons maintain some power in human form. I am also a relatively powerful dragon. Even in human form, as long as I am in this sanctuary, illusions are a simple task." — Jahn in Chapter24, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "The Dragon Sanctuary's power is intertwined with the demon dragon's. With the demon dragon sealed, the sanctuary, and myself, were crippled." — Jahn in Chapter 24, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade