||The vessel of the Fire Dragon Neuron... It would be a disaster if she were to fall into enemy hands, milord.
— Eugen to Runan
(Japanese: ネウロン Neuron) is the Guardian Fire Dragon of Salia appearing in TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles. The power to invoke Neuron has been passed down through Salia's bloodline from Yutona, with an indicator manifesting on the vessels' skin known as the Mark or Brand of Yutona.
People who inherit this ability are known as Fire Shamans. The known Fire Shaman appearing in Yutona Heroes War Chronicles is Princess Maria.
The first person to be able to invoke Neuron was Salia, one of Yutona's four daughters. Salia used the Ring of Salia, given to her by Yutona, to do so.
About fifteen years before the events of Yutona Heroes War Chronicles, the king and queen of Salia, Dagnell and Maria, gave birth to a Fire Shaman named Maria, after her mother. The king and queen were overjoyed to have a child, as they had thought that they were infertile. The child, bearing the Mark of Yutona on her chest, caused conflict within Salia; the scars of Kranion's rampage inflicted on the populace had not even begun to heal. Dagnell's brother, Viceroy Ahab, insisted that the newborn princess be killed, as her power to transform into Neuron was a danger to Salia. Zacharia, a knight of Salia, was given orders to kill the princess, though he ignored them and gave her to a priest to raise as a normal girl.
Despite her uncle's fears of a rampage, Princess Maria is able to transform into and control Neuron without issue; though her ability to transform came as a great surprise, and she does not enjoy it.
Katri first transforms into Neuron during Map 8 when she is being attacked by the Zombies she accidentally summoned with a Zombie Staff she found. From this point on she is able to transform into Neuron at will by using the Ring of Salia.
- Note: Neuron does not gain experience points from battle, her level instead increases with Katri's.
This character analysis section may not be accurate to every player's experience.
Neuron is an excellent defensive unit, being virtually unkillable. She can be used to protect weaker units, or Katri can transform into her if she is in danger. Neuron is the playable Guardian Dragon with the most availability, and can be used during a fair number of battles. Katri should never hesitate to transform, as the Ring of Salia has unlimited uses. The main downside of Katri's transformation is that Neuron cannot use staves.
Neuron does not have any battle quotes
Neuron does not have any death quotes
Etymology and other languages
- ↑ "Yutona's power was divided among her daughters into the four Guardian Dragons: Muse, Rakis, Neuron, and Kranion." — Morse to Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- ↑ "When he learned that his daughter's birthmark was in fact the Brand of Yutona, he decided to make her into a tool of war by invoking the Guardian Dragon Kranion." — Guenchaos telling Tia about Teeta, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- ↑ "Come quietly, Fire Shaman, or your mother will die." — Guenchaos to Katri, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- ↑ "Mahter: Viceroy Ahab recognized the Brand of Yutona on her chest, and he called her a harbinger of calamity and tried to have her killed. That's why I didn't bring her back with me. Everyone still remembers the horrors of what the last Vessel of Kranion did to Salia... This way, at least until she grows up Lady Katri can try to live a normal life.
Mahter: That's Princess Maria's adoptive name." — Mahter and Raffin, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- ↑ "Yutona created those bracelets so that her daughters could control the power of the Guardian Dragons within them." — Claris to Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 "What caused the Civil War? It was Viceroy Ahab, of course. Fifteen years ago, the king and queen had their first and only child. Everyone had thought they were barren, so they were overjoyed to have an heir. It was a daughter, and they named her Maria after her mother the queen. However, the little Maria was born with the Brand of Yutona, the mark of Neuron's holy priestess. Because of the rampage of Kranion decades before, Ahab declared that the princess was an abomination, a curse on Salia. He tried to convince the king and queen to kill her for the safety of all." — NPC, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- ↑ "Y-You ignorant fool... My brother paid no heed to my warnings, and he put this entire kingdom in danger by allowing the princess to live... He was too weak-hearted to make such a painful decision... He was willing to repeat the disaster that our father endured if it meant that his daughter could live... But I knew the truth: Princess Maria could not be allowed to become Neuron..." — Ahab, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- ↑ "But when I ordered Zachariah to kill her, he had her whisked away, out of my grasp..." — Ahab, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- ↑ "But I... I don't want to be a dragon!" — Katri, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- ↑ "I... I was scared... I started running when the zombies found me, and I ended up in the swamps... The bad air got to me, and I could barely even breathe... Then, when I thought I was done for, I turned into a huge dragon... And then I... I panicked, and I killed all of the zombies that were after me." — Katri talking about her first transformation to Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles