|“||Centuries ago, my blood brought great calamity to the humans living here... I never realized how much damage was done until it was too late... I will make everything be as it should.||”|
(Japanese: ミラドナ Miradona) is a character appearing in appearing in TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles. At one time she was, to the Zoan religion, known as their "benevolent but dangerous god of destruction", and known to others as the "Earth Mother". In modern Lieberian doctrine she is said to be the mother of Yutona, though this is not exactly true.
Before coming to be worshiped on Lieberia, Miradona was the infant princess of the Emiyu.
Arrival on Lieberia
With the rise of humanity, Miradona's father, the king of the Emiyu, one day decided it was time to pass the world on to them. To do this, he decreed that all capable Emiyu were to sleep in the earth for the foreseeable future. Unsurprisingly, there were many Emiyu who did not agree with this plan, and thus retaliated. The king defeated them and forced them to sleep regardless.
Miradona, incapable of committing to the king's decree due to her infancy, was left in a mountain, Mt. Cielo, on Lieberia. A chamber was carved out by her father so she could safely grow into adulthood while the other Emiyu assimilated into the earth.
Having grown lonely in her isolation, she left her living space in search of companionship, finding the native humans, and eventually coming to be worshiped by them. The Zoans named her Gerxel and feared and worshiped her as their benevolent god of destruction.
Birth of Gerxel
After her retreat back into the mountain, she was visited by a Zoan man named Kalbazan who pleaded with her to receive the power to save his fellow Zoans from the ruthless Jugdi settlers that had arrived in the recent years. Miradona granted Kalbazan a drop of her blood, which he drank. She remained in the mountain, unaware for several years of the horrors Kalbazan had begun to inflict on Lieberia in his quest for revenge in the name of Gerxel.
Eventually, after hearing the screams of one of the sacrifices demanded by Gerxel, she left her chamber to investigate. Miradona found the deceased Yutona with Gerxel, and demanded that Gerxel stop, though he refused and attacked Miradona, injuring her. Miradona, resolved to fix her mistake, revived the sacrificed Yutona and granted her the same power that was given to Kalbazan, with the addition of a method to seal it to prevent Yutona from going insane like Kalbazan.
Yutona then allied with the rebel leader Carluon, empowering his sword, and they both dismantled the Empire created by Gerxel, and successfully killed Gerxel.
After this calamity Miradona slept in the earth for many human generations.
Long after Gerxel's original rise, a sage of the Earth Temple, Guenchaos, begins plans to revive Gerxel as an act of revenge against humanity for bringing his wife, Teeta, great suffering. He is successful in reviving Gerxel, though Gerxel is quickly struck down by the four holy swords with the assistance of Miradona herself.
After aiding in the second defeat of Gerxel, Miradona returns to her slumber in the earth, never to be woken again.
Miradona makes a brief appearance during the defeat of Gerxel, congratulating then apologizing to Runan, Holmes and their groups for being the source of this calamity. Miradona then revives the killed Katri, Enteh, and Neyfa, seals Gerxel, frees Teeta's soul from Kranion and Guenchaos's soul from Gerxel, and returns to her slumber in the earth.
Personality and character
Miradona is of a kind disposition, and wishes to see humans flourish. She greatly enjoyed her time walking among the humans, though she still abides by her father's decree, and does not linger with humanity for long periods of time.
Miradona is deeply regretful of her accidental creation of Gerxel and had never intended to invite such destruction on humanity.
- Miradona's artwork shows that Gerxel bears a close resemblance to her dragon form.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Miradona||Used in the TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles fan translations.|
|Japanese||ミラドナ||Officially romanized as Miradona. Possibly a corruption and fusion of "Mila" and "Doma".|
Artwork of Miradona Shouzou Kaga's blog.
Artwork of Miradona's dragon form from TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles.
Miradona's portrait from TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles.
- "About 1500 years ago, Miradona, the princess of the Emiyu kingdom, came here to Lieberia, a land which had never been set foot on by her kind before." — Holmes to Runan, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Yes, apparently she was still an infant, and so she was unable to follow her father's plan to sleep within the earth. Instead, he sent her far away from where the rebels were imprisoned... here. The chamber at the Altar of Gods was originally just where Miradona lived. He carved out the core of the mountain himself, hoping she would be safe there." — Holmes to Runan, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Miradona was afraid of her own power, and when the Zoans began to fear her, too, she hid herself away in Mt. Cielo again. She fashioned hordes of monsters in order to scare away anyone who came near. But the Zoans continued to fear and worship what they believed to be their benevolent but dangerous god of destruction." — Holmes to Runan, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Eventually, Miradona ventured out of the mountain in search of others, across the native humans. The forest- and plains-dwelling tribes worshiped her as their mother goddess..." — Holmes to Runan, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "And to his surprise, his prayer was answered. The Goddess Yutona, daughter of the Earth Mother Miradona, appeared before him and drove away Kalbazan with her sacred light." — Morse to Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "The goddess was Yutona, creator of the four Guardians, and the daughter of the mother goddess Miradona." — Claris, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Their king decided that emiyu had ruled over the planet for long enough, and that it was time to pass on the baton to humans, so to speak. They decided to assimilate their bodies into the earth itself, where they would sleep for all eternity. Naturally, a great number of Emiyu were opposed to this plan, and there was a revolt. But the king defeated the rebels, and he forced them to go along with his plan." — Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- " Eventually, Miradona ventured out of the mountain in search of others, and she came across the native humans. The forest- and plains-dwelling tribes worshipped her as their mother goddess... While the native Zoans feared her power, believing her to be a god of destruction." — Holmes to Runan, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Miradona was afraid of her own power, and when the Zoans began to fear her, too, she hid herself away in Mt. Cielo again. She fashioned hordes of monsters in order to scare away anyone who came near." — Holmes to Runan, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "When colonists from Jugd came here to Lieberia and began to war with them, the Zoans prayed to their god for help. But there was no answer. [...] Eventually, their leaders decided to venture into the forbidden mountain in order to plead with Gerxel for salvation. The only one who survived the onslaught of her guardians was a man called Kalbazan." — Holmes to Runan, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "After he received that power, he demanded to be recognized as the god Gerxel himself, and he became the Zoans' god and emperor." — Holmes to Runan, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "He declared that as retribution for crimes against himself, the Jugdi had to give up pure virgins as sacrifice to the monsters who dwelt at his holy mountain... Mt. Cielo." — Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Years passed, and Miradona was none the wiser that the human she'd helped all those years ago had become a demon. But then, one girl's screams echoed deep into the cave, and Miradona came outside to investigate." — Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Miradona saw what Kalbazan had become, and she pleaded for him to stop. But Kalbazan turned on her, and she was severely wounded in his betrayal." — Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Miradona resolved to fix what she had done. Restoring the sacrificed girl to life, Miradona gave the girl the same power as Kalbazan, but also the means to seal away her new power within a bracelet, lest she be driven mad as he was. The girl, Yutona, was given the responsibility to save the human race from Kalbazan." — Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- " I will cherish the short time I have spent alongside you as I join my brothers and sisters in their eternal sleep..." — Miradona, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- " The soul of Kalbazan is sealed away once more, and Guenchaos and Teeta shall have their eternal rest. Let this temple be purified... Yutona's daughters will awaken soon. No longer will darkness hound them. May their lives be filled with happiness..." — Miradona, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "You have my eternal love and thanks, O chosen ones of Yutona. You have made my life as blessed as the days when I walked among you." — Miradona, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles