|“||Leda was destroyed because King Glaus summoned the Guardian Dragon Kranion with the intent to use it to destroy Salia.||”|
(Japanese: クラニオン Kranion) is the Guardian Earth Dragon of Leda appearing in TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles. The power to invoke Kranion has been passed down through Leda's bloodline from Yutona, with an indicator manifesting on the vessels' skin known as the Mark or Brand of Yutona.
People who inherit this ability are known as Earth Shamans. There are two known Earth Shamans appearing during the events of Yutona Heroes War Chronicles, Teeta and Tia. All known Earth Shamans are female. Tia is not known to transform into Kranion during the story, though it is possible she is unable to due to Teeta already taking the form of Kranion at the same time.
Forty years before the events of TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles, Leda and Salia were at war. The king of Leda, Glaus, had grown tired of the war, and wished to end it decisively. He later found out that his daughter, Teeta, bore the markings of Yutona, indicating her as an Earth Shaman. He then decided to use her as a tool of war to destroy Salia.
Despite his daughter's pleas for mercy, Glaus forced his daughter to transform through magical means with the Ring of Leda. Teeta, completely unable to control Kranion due to having only just turned fifteen, went wild and killed the king immediately after transforming. With the king dead, there was no one to break the spell used to transform her, and she was unable to revert to human form, locking her in the form of Kranion. After this, the uncontrolled Kranion went on a rampage across Leda and Salia killing many people.
During all of this Guenchaos, Teeta's husband, watched and was unable to help her. In the years after the calamity he stayed in the ruins of Leda and watched over Teeta, growing more and more furious at the warriors that descended upon the region to attack his beloved wife.
Later, Holmes, searching for the Dakruon in the ruins of Leda, encounters Kranion, and decides to stand and fight, thinking that they would not be able to flee quickly enough. Guenchaos arrives, calls forth Gerxel Cult forces to attack Holmes' forces, comforts Teeta, and she retreats. Holmes is able to fend off the Cult's forces and then escape with the aid of Tia. Kranion is not seen outside of Leda after this. Holmes is baffled by Guenchaos's apparent ability to make Kranion retreat.
Kranion does not have any battle quotes
Kranion does not have any death quotes
- Teeta was transformed into Kranion for a long period of time, totaling at forty years. She first transformed when she was fifteen, making her fifty-five during the events of the game.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|• Used in the TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles fan translations.|
• Mistranslation popularized by Serenes Forest.
Artwork of Kranion from TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles.
- "Yutona's power was divided among her daughters into the four Guardian Dragons: Muse, Rakis, Neuron, and Kranion." — Morse to Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "It's an old story from forty years ago... For seven long years, Leda and Salia had been embroiled in a war of attrition. As the war grew longer and longer, the king of Leda grew irritated. When he learned that his daughter's birthmark was in fact the Brand of Yutona, he decided to make her into a tool of war by invoking the Guardian Dragon Kranion." — Guenchaos telling Tia about Teeta, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Holmes: There's that Princess Tia, she could be one...
Morse: Indeed, she is also an Earth Shaman." — Holmes and Morse discussing the shamans, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Yutona created those bracelets so that her daughters could control the power of the Guardian Dragons within them." — Claris to Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Princess Teeta wept at her father's feet, begging for mercy... But the cruel king did not care about his daughter's wishes, and her husband was forced to watch powerlessly as his wife... MY wife... was made to undergo the forbidden curse to summon Kranion." — Guenchaos telling Tia about Teeta, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "According to what I've heard in Mahl, it was Princess Teeta, the youngest daughter of King Grauss, who became Kranion. She was only fifteen years old at the time." — Morse to Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Katri: But why?! Why did I turn into a dragon?
Holmes: You must be descended from the holy bloodline of Yutona and Carluon. How old are you, Katri?
Katri: Today's my fifteenth birthday...
Holmes: That makes sense, then. According to the scriptures, the vessels of the Guardian Dragons begin to awaken at exactly fifteen years old. In a couple of years, you'll be able to control it, and then you'll be a real Shaman of Neuron." — Holmes to Katri on the age that Shamans are first able to transform, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Teeta had no control over Kranion, and the king was killed instantly. With no one left to break the curse, it was impossible to return her to human form, and she could never control the beast within.For months, she raged across the frontiers of Leda and Salia, killing thousands..." — Guenchaos telling Tia about Teeta, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "The humans of this world, ignorant of her plight, called her a monster, a demon. Warriors from across the land came in search of fame by hunting the Witch Dragon. And when they couldn't kill Teeta, they killed themselves against her... Over... and over... and over..." — Guenchaos telling Tia about Teeta, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "Teeta... Shh... Be at ease, Teeta. Come to me, my love. There's no need to be afraid anymore." — Guenchaos to Teeta (as Kranion), TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "What the hell just happened? Did it just retreat?" — Holmes, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles
- "The soul of Kalbazan is sealed away once more, and Guenchaos and Teeta shall have their eternal rest." — Miradona, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles