Sol (Japanese: 太陽 Sun) is a weapon first appearing in Fire Emblem Gaiden. In Gaiden, it is a lance which is an extremely rare random drop from Mogall. It has a very high might stat of twenty. In Fire Emblem Awakening, it is a regalia sword wielded by Walhart with the effect of granting its wielder the Sol skill. In Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, it is similar to its Gaiden appearance, but its might stat is reduced by five. Using it enough times unlocks a combat art known as Solar Thrust, which costs ten HP to use but increases damage output by twenty and hit rate by fifteen. It is obtained by evolving certain Rusted Lances.
In Fire Emblem Heroes, the localization instead calls this weapon Sol Lance, and in this game it is a personal weapon of Forsyth. In addition to boosting its wielder's Resistance at all times, it heals its wielder whenever dealing damage to its target during combat.
In the main Fire Emblem series
In other Fire Emblem series titles
||Any enemy Mogall (0.055% chance)
Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- Sol has the highest might of any weapon in Gaiden, although it is beaten out by the magic spell Ragnarok. In the remake, it is tied with the Lightning Sword, and is beaten out by the magic spells Ragnarok, Sagittae, and the unused Apocalypse.
- In Fire Emblem Heroes, the skill's description in its initial reveal trailer includes two pieces of contradictory wording based around whether or not it activates when dealing zero points of damage. The second sentence of the stated effect states that the user has to deal damage in order to heal the user, and as a damage output of zero means the user is not dealing damage, it will not trigger the effect; the third sentence of the stated effect, however, explicitly states that damage output of zero will trigger the healing effect.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
||Definition, etymology and notes
• Sol Lance
|"Sol Lance" is used only in Fire Emblem Heroes.
||Sun; rendered as たいよう in Gaiden.
|• As above; curiously, it uses the skill's English name, not the Spanish name Helios. Used in Awakening.|
• From Ἥλιος Helios, the personification of the sun in Greek mythology; used in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
|• As above; curiously, it uses the skill's English name, not the French name Solaire. Used in Awakening.|
• Solar; used in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
|• As above; curiously, it uses the skill's English name, not the German name Sonne. Used in Awakening.|
• Sun; used in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
||Sun; it shares its name with the skill it bestows. Used in Awakening.