It has been requested that image(s) be placed in this page or section. Please submit images to help improve this page and talk on this page's talk page about what images are needed. Remove this when this has been fixed.
||Wow, that would have been a long drop...
||That's what you say? How are you so calm after what just happened? Anthony, we need to talk. Right now.
— Xander, responding to Anthony
Seeds of Doubt (Japanese: 疑惑の種子 Seed of Doubt) is the twentieth chapter of the Revelation campaign of Fire Emblem Fates. In this chapter, a chance encounter causes the group to become suspicious of Anthony.
- Main article: Seeds of Doubt/Script
- The below plot corresponds to the use of a male Corrin. If you refresh this page, it is possible to get an alternate reading using a female variation instead.
The group reaches a series of isles and bridges which they need to cross to reach Gyges, the castle where Anankos resides. Sakura worries that the bridges may break from being too old, and the rest of the group begins doubting Anthony's path. To prove the safety of it to them, Anthony crosses a bridge first. As the rest of the group crosses it, the bridge begins to collapse, though luckily they are all able to cross before it is completely destroyed. Xander begins to seriously question Anthony's loyalty after his less-than-worried remark. Before he is able to do so, however, the group is ambushed by Vallite soldiers.
After crossing the islands, Anthony sees castle Gyges on the horizon. He suggests using a secret back entrance, though Xander is quick to dismiss it, claiming that Anthony was responsible for the bridge's collapse earlier. Corrin defends Anthony, saying that the bridge was old anyways. The other Nohrian siblings, however, take Xander's side. Corrin still refuses to attack Anthony, to which Xander replies that he's as naive as ever, though that his trust in others was what united them all in the first place. Xander still warns him not to let others take advantage of him.
After rescuing a young man who claimed he was forced to serve Anankos, the group reaches a series of floating islands linked together by shifting bridges.
|Victory: Defeat the boss Kinshi Knight.
|Defeat: Corrin dies* or the player's army is routed*.
Initial SE SW W NW C N E NE
This chapter's map is 24 columns by 28 rows.
Note: The returning characters list does not include any characters recruitable in paralogues or xenologues, as the player may not have taken on any available paralogue chapters yet. The list also does not include any bonus units, as they are recruitable at the player's discretion.
Dragon Veins in this chapter are stated to have the effect "Relocate bridge and all units on it". They are all on forts, and are located as follows:
- Column 2, row 8: One square east of a General
- Column 3, row 3: Two squares east, two squares south of the boss Kinshi Knight
- Column 3, row 12: Two squares east of a General
- Column 3, row 16: Two squares east of a Kinshi Knight
- Column 3, row 19: Two squares east of another Kinshi Knight
- Column 3, row 26: Underneath an immobile General
- Column 7, row 16: Four squares west of a Great Master
- Column 8, row 2: Three squares west of a Falcon Knight
- Column 9, row 25: Adjacent to an ally starting position
- Column 10, row 3: One square west, one square south of a Falcon Knight
- Column 10, row 9: One square north of a space in between two Malig Knights
- Column 11, row 12: Two squares south of a Malig Knight
- Column 11, row 17: Adjacent to a Great Master
- Column 11, row 23: Adjacent to an ally starting position
- Column 14, row 16: Three squares east of a Great Master
- Column 14, row 26: Adjacent to an ally starting position
- Column 15, row 3: Adjacent to a Sorcerer
- Column 17, row 5: Adjecent to another Sorcerer
- Column 19, row 11: One square east, one square west of a Swordmaster
- Column 19, row 16: Adjacent to a Master Ninja
- Column 20, row 8: Underneath another Swordmaster
- Column 21, row 19: Adjacent to another Master Ninja
- Column 21, row 26: Adjacent to Corrin's starting position
- Column 23, row 5: One square west, one square south of a Berserker
This section details unofficial strategies that may help with completion of the chapter. This may not work for everybody.
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
||Definition, etymology and notes
||Seeds of Doubt
||Seed of Doubt
||L'ombre du soupçon
||The shadow of the suspicion.