|“||These are the ancient weapons of our ancestors–the weapons of heroes. They were enshrined generations ago, to be used only by the king... and only in times of dire need. Such an awful power they possess, and yet we need them to restore peace.||”|
The Sacred Twins (Japanese: 双聖器 Sacred Twins) are a set of ten weapons originating on Magvel. Grado, Renais, Frelia, Rausten and Jehanna each possess one pair, passed down from each country's founder. All of them except Gleipnir are proficient at slaying hordes of monsters.
The five pairs of twins
|Grado's weapons||Latona's weapons||The founder of Renais' weapons||The founder of Frelia's weapons||The founder of Jehanna's weapons|
The Sacred Twin
black axe. Spd +5.
A Sacred Twin tome. Skill +5.
A Sacred Twin tome.
A Sacred Twin staff.
The ancient Staff of Latona.
The Sacred Twin storm blade. Str +5.
The Sacred Twin fire lance. Str +5.
The Sacred Twin winged lance. Def +5.
The Sacred Twin serpent bow. Luck +5.
The Sacred Twin ice blade. Res +5.
A Sacred Twin tome. Speed +5.
The exact origin of the Sacred Twins is never specified, though they were wielded by the five heroes against Fomortiis at least 800 years prior to the War of the Stones. It is unknown how they were forged and if they are older than this.
Each hero wielded a pair of these twins and their respective Sacred Stone during the events of the Legend of the Sacred Stones. After each country's founding the Sacred Twins were generally sealed away with their respective Sacred Stone. Though Rausten, at the least, uses their set of Twins in certain ceremonies.
During the War of the Stones the Sacred Twins were brought back for combat use against the revived Demon King. Eirika and Ephraim wielded Sieglinde and Siegmund respectively. The other Sacred Twins were distributed to worthy wielders throughout their forces.
- Of the five sets only Latona and the founder of Renais have Sacred Twins that can be wielded at once by a class within The Sacred Stones' class selection. There are no classes that, for example, use axes and dark magic.
- Eirika's Great Lord animation features her wielding Sieglinde regardless of her actual equipped weapon.
- The Sacred Twins of Renais, Sieglinde and Siegmund, are named after two characters of the same name from a German play named Die Walküre - meaning The Valkyrie. In the play, Siegmund and Sieglinde are twin brother and sister who are separated at birth but eventually reunite and fall in love with each other.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English|| • Sacred Twin
• Sacred Twins
| • A single weapon is called a Sacred Twin.|
• A pair of weapons are known as Sacred Twins.
- "So this is one of our Sacred Twin relics, is it? I've never seen them. Look, there's a name inscribed here. Siegmund, the Flame Lance." - Ephraim, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- "There's a name carved here as well. Sieglinde, the Thunder Blade..." - Eirika, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- "I know the law, L'Arachel. The relics must never leave the temple, with the sole exception of the occasional ascension ceremony, but I think that, when the world needs saving, we can make the odd exception." - Mansel to L'Arachel, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones