|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on Twitter, Facebook, or Discord!
MediaWiki update: Fire Emblem Wiki has been updated to MediaWiki 1.32.0! If you notice any errors, please report them to a member of our tech support team.
From Fire Emblem Wiki, your source on Fire Emblem information. By fans, for fans.
||Gahahaha! Steal, burn, loot, pillage! Kill everyone who tries to flee! Gahahahaha!
— Ruffian, in New Mystery of the Emblem.
This unnamed Ruffian is a bandit employed by Legion to cause havoc in Altea's villages so as to distract the 7th Platoon while Eremiya's assassins aim for Marth. He has a verbal tic involving the distinctive laugh of "Gahahahaha."
New Mystery of the Emblem
Etymology and other languages
- The Ruffian is the first Barbarian boss in the Fire Emblem series.
- The Ruffian can be compared to the Captain from Shadow Dragon as an enemy unit without a real name, but with their own portrait.
- Unlike the Captain, the Ruffian does not have a mini portrait, and uses the generic class icon instead. Additionally, the Ruffian has a battle and death quote.
- The Ruffian is thus far the only character in the series to have quotes for battle and death without having a mini portrait, or name.
- The Ruffian shares his portrait with nameless criminals in the DS games such as the Fighter who tied up and gagged Gordin in Prologue IV of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.
- The Ruffian is the only boss in the DS games to have his portrait re-used.
| Sprite Gallery