|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on !
|“||I understand how you feel, but you must not hold grudges against people like that. Hate will bring you nothing.||”|
— Rahna, to Sigurd
(Japanese: ラーナ Rahna) was the Queen of Silesse, reigning over the country following the death of her unnamed husband, the former king.
Rahna was a member of the Silesse royal family by marriage, and thus was not a descendant of Ced of the Twelve Crusaders. With the king she had a single child, Lewyn, who ran away from Silesse to travel the world in Grann 757 as a result of the inheritance squabbles initiated by the king's younger brothers, Maios and Daccar. Upon receiving word of the charges of treason alleged against Sigurd of Chalphy following the death of Kurth, Rahna offered Sigurd and his army asylum from the Grannvale army as they closed in on him in Agustria, sending Mahnya and a squad of Pegasus Knights to escort him to Silesse.
For a short time afterward, Rahna gave Sigurd's group (including Lewyn) the use of the western Sailane Castle as a temporary home, all the while doing her best to help by sending letters to Grannvale's King Azmur trying to explain his innocence; none of these letters ever reached Azmur, likely intercepted by Reptor. During this time, Maios and Daccar commenced the Silessean civil war with the support of Grannvale, launching their armies to claim Sailane and the capital. With the support of Andorey of Yngvi, Daccar's army seized Silesse Castle, holding Rahna as a hostage, but not before she successfully evacuated the capital's citizens. Sigurd's army successfully recaptured the capital and freed Rahna, before moving on to finish the battle with Daccar at Zaxon; at this point, Rahna entrusted the Book of Forseti to Lewyn. Following Daccar's defeat, Rahna learned of Langobalt's impending army and their capture of Lubeck Castle, but nonetheless tried to convince Sigurd not to take the risk of a head-on confrontation. Sigurd opted to leave Silesse to confront Langobalt, not wishing to risk dragging Silesse into the war.
Personality and character
While not of Ced descent, Rahna was a strong believer in and embodiment of the Crusader's principles, believing in peace and kindness above all else and seeing no value in hatred. Even though she had never previously met Sigurd, she was confident in his innocence with respect to the charges of treason laid before him, and did her utmost to help his cause and provide for him in his exile in Silesse; Sigurd came to regard her as a mother figure in his life as a result. She was selfless in many of her actions, personally ensuring the safety of Silesse Castle's citizens at the cost of her own freedom, but was still hurt by Lewyn's abandonment of her and was cold to him for a time upon his return to Silesse.
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Rahna||Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation.|
|Japanese||ラーナ||Officially romanized as Rahna.|
- A family tree in Fire Emblem: Treasure (scan by Serenes Forest)
- "My son left me two years ago and ran off to some faraway place. I don't see him anywhere." — Rahna, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Mahnya: Sir Sigurd. I'm Mahnya, a Silessean knight. I'm here on orders from Queen Rahna. Please consider retreating to Silesse until your fine name is cleared of all of this.
Sigurd: ...Queen Rahna of Silesse? Silesse is willing to help out an accused traitor?
Mahnya: Sir, time is of the essence. Grannvale will be on your trail before long. The Pegasus Knights will accompany you over the ocean to Silesia." — Mahnya and Sigurd, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "I have been writing letters explaining your innocence to King Azmur, but he has yet to respond." — Rahna, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "My mother may have perished with Silesse, but she at least kept her dignity to the very end." — Lewyn, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Lewyn, please remember the Wind Crusader flows like a cool breeze guiding all living beings to the path of peace. His way is never to be confused with violence." — Rahna, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Queen Rahna, this year in Silesse has been wonderful for me. You've been like a second mother. You see, I lost my mother when I was very young. I grew up not knowing what a mother's affection felt like. But for the first time I felt what that feels like through you." — Sigurd, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Rahna: Hurry! Get out of here as quick as you can!
Woman: But Queen Rahna...
Lahna: Don't worry about me. Now get going!!" — Rahna and a Silesse Castle citizen, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|