Night Breaks Through
It has been requested that image(s) be placed in this page or section. Please submit images to help improve this page and talk on this page's talk page about what images are needed. Remove this when this has been fixed.
|“||I'm so sorry, Takumi. If I had only been by your side, I might have realized what was happening sooner. Perhaps I could have found a way to save you. I know every choice we make has consequences... I chose to follow Corrin, but did I sacrifice you to do so? Regardless, I know what I must do now. I have to make this up to you. I didn't plan on ever doing this again... But I will now use my forbidden song to weaken the curse and help free you. Once I use this power... Takumi, Ryoma... I wonder if you'll be upset at me for joining you so soon. Or maybe you'll be happy to see me too... ... ...♪||”|
Night Breaks Through (Japanese: 光去り行く黄昏 The Dusk Parts the Light) is the endgame of the Conquest campaign in Fire Emblem Fates. In this chapter, Takumi has been corrupted beyond salvation by a force outside comprehension, and Corrin must destroy him or perish.
- Main article: Night Breaks Through/Script
- The below plot corresponds to the use of a female Corrin. If you refresh this page, it is possible to get an alternate reading using a male variation instead.
Corrin awakens in what seems to be her bedroom in Castle Shirasagi, and is greeted by Mikoto and Ryoma. After regaining her bearings, Mikoto explains that Corrin's soul is on the brink of death and that she can choose to fully pass away. However, Corrin hears Takumi attacking Xander and Azura, much to her confusion. Mikoto explains that Takumi's rage will not be sated until every Nohrian is dead beneath his boot. Hearing the encouragement of her friends and allies, Corrin elects to return to the land of the living. Takumi's soul appears, reconciles with Corrin, and entrusts them with the power of the Fujin Yumi to reform the Yato and release his body from its unholy master.
Lilith's spirit appears and guides Corrin back to life, and the Shadow Yato is restored. The possessed Takumi attempts to destroy the Yato again, only to fail. Corrin proceeds to begin the final battle against the possessed Takumi alongside the Nohrian siblings.
Before the battle, Azura apologizes for not helping Takumi soon and begins to sing her forbidden song to weaken Takumi, despite knowing it will kill her, and Corrin's most vicious battle ensues. Ultimately, Nohr emerges triumphant, and Takumi is slain once and for all. As he dies, he returns to his senses and thanks Corrin before succumbing to his wounds and passing away. In the aftermath, Azura vanishes, and Corrin has a feeling that she will not see her again. She speculates with Xander as to what corrupted Takumi and Garon, but they are unable to come up with any conclusions.
Afterwards, Corrin, Hinoka (who is to become the next queen of Hoshido), and Sakura attend Xander's coronation as the next king of Nohr. He vows to maintain peace with Hoshido for the rest of his days. Xander apologizes for their losses and promises Hinoka that he will not allow evil like Iago to prosper and that he will continue to make peace with what happened in Hoshido. Though Corrin is satisfied with her success in ending the war, much of her actions are still despised by the people of Hoshido and she is still guilt-ridden by these actions.
During the party, Corrin leaves to take a breather, and has one last encounter with Azura's spirit. The next day, she meets with her Nohrian siblings and Xander states that together, the Nohrian royal family will continue to bring peace to the world.
Normal Hard Lunatic
This chapter's map is 29 columns by 30 rows.
Note: The returning characters list does not include any characters recruitable in paralogues or xenologues, as the player may not have taken on any available paralogue chapters yet. The list also does not include any bonus units, as they are recruitable at the player's discretion.
Dragon Vein data
The Dragon Veins in this chapter are stated to have the effect "Create barriers to blunt Takumi's attack", with "Takumi's attack" being his area-of-effect attack. They are located as follows:
- Column 12, row 26: Three squares west of a Great Master
- Column 13, row 14: Six squares north of a General
- Column 14, row 9: Three squares north of furthest southern ally starting positions
- Column 14, row 18: Two squares south of an Oni Chieftain
- Column 14, row 22: One square east of a Master Ninja
- Column 15, row 13: Three squares north of an Oni Chieftain
- Column 15, row 18: One square north of a Maid
- Column 16, row 11: Five squares north of an Oni Chieftain
- Column 16, row 18: Two squares south of an Oni Chieftain
- Column 16, row 22: One square south of a Master Ninja
- Column 17, row 14: Two squares north, one square east of an Oni Chieftain
- Column 18, row 26: Three squares east of a Great Master
There are five barrier blocks created each time a Dragon Vein is activated, each with 30 HP, and they are located as follows:
- Column 13, row 18: One square west of three Dragon Veins in a row
- Column 14, row 24: Five squares south of the westernmost of three Dragon Veins in a row
- Column 14, row 25: Five squares south of the centermost of three Dragon Veins in a row
- Column 14, row 26: Five squares south of the easternmost of three Dragon Veins in a row
- Column 15, row 18: One square east of three Dragon Veins in a row
Normal Hard Lunatic
- On Hard mode and above, all Faceless reinforcements have the skill Self-Destruct. On Lunatic mode, all reinforcements with debuffing skills have the skill Inevitable End.
- Turn 4
- Turn 5
- Turn 6
- Turn 8
- Turn 9
- Turn 10
- Turn 11 (Hard/Lunatic only)
- Turn 12
- Turn 13
- Turn 14
- 4/6 Faceless; two/three from the southwestern and southeastern Dark Waters each
- 1 Oni Chieftain*/1 pair of Oni Chieftains* from the western Dark Waters (Hard/Lunatic only)
- The above pattern repeats infinitely, restarting on the second turn after the end of a pattern sequence.
- Main article: Takumi
Normal Hard Lunatic
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
This is the final chapter of Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, and you cannot save your progress after this chapter; thus, no changes to your army or inventory can be carried over. If you have been saving rare and valuable items like stat boosters, status staves, and the Bifröst for a rainy day, it's time to take out your umbrella.
Takumi has a dangerous area-of-effect attack that triggers every 3/2 turns. You can hide behind barriers erected by the Dragon Veins to avoid it. If a unit is not straight north of one of these barriers, they will take non-lethal damage equal to half of their maximum HP.
- This chapter is one of few chapters in the game where the preparations theme doesn't play during that phase of setup. In this case, the music from the preceding cutscene continues onto the battle preparations screen.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Night Breaks Through||--|
|Japanese||光去り行く黄昏||The Dusk Parts the Light|
|← The Empty King •||Night Breaks Through|