Night Breaks Through
It has been requested that image(s) be placed in this page or section. Please submit images to help improve this page and talk on this page's talk page about what images are needed. Remove this when this has been fixed.
|“||I'm so sorry, Takumi. If I had only been by your side, I might have realized what was happening sooner. Perhaps I could have found a way to save you. I know every choice we make has consequences... I chose to follow Corrin, but did I sacrifice you to do so? Regardless, I know what I must do now. I have to make this up to you. I didn't plan on ever doing this again... But I will now use my forbidden song to weaken the curse and help free you. Once I use this power... Takumi, Ryoma... I wonder if you'll be upset at me for joining you so soon. Or maybe you'll be happy to see me too... ... ...♪||”|
Night Breaks Through (Japanese: 光去り行く黄昏 The Dusk Parts the Light) is the endgame of the Conquest campaign in Fire Emblem Fates. In this chapter, Takumi has been corrupted beyond salvation by a force outside comprehension, and Corrin must destroy him or perish.
- Main article: Night Breaks Through/Script
Corrin awakens in what seems to be his/her bedroom in Castle Shirasagi, and is greeted by Mikoto and Ryoma. After regaining his/her bearings, Mikoto explains that Corrin's soul is on the brink of death and that he/she can choose to fully pass away. However, Corrin hears Takumi attacking Xander and Azura, much to his/her confusion and asks why Takumi is still attacking, despite killing him/her. Mikoto explains that Takumi's rage has grown stronger and will not be sated until every Nohrian is dead beneath his boot. Hearing the encouragement of his/her friends and allies, Corrin elects to return to the land of the living. The real Takumi appears, stating that the "Takumi" they were facing is no more than another puppet for the same mysterious force controlling Garon, fueled by his resentment at Corrin for siding with Nohr, and begs them to end his suffering and entrusts them with the power of the Fujin Yumi to reform the Yato and release his body from its unholy master.
Corrin and Takumi reconcile for their actions before he disappears. Lilith's spirit appears and guides Corrin back to life, and the Shadow Yato is restored. The possessed Takumi attempts to destroy the Yato again, only to fail. Corrin proceeds to begin the final battle against the possessed Takumi alongside the Nohrian siblings.
Before the battle, Azura apologizes for not helping Takumi soon and begins to sing her forbidden song to weaken Takumi, despite knowing it will kill her, and Corrin's most vicious battle ensues. Ultimately, Nohr emerges triumphant, and the possessed Takumi is slain once and for all. As he dies, he returns to his senses and thanks Corrin before succumbing to his wounds and passing away. In the aftermath, Azura vanishes, likely dissolving into water due to overusing her powers, and Corrin has a feeling that he/she will not see her again. He/She speculates with Xander as to what corrupted Takumi and Garon, but they are unable to come up with any conclusions.
Afterwards, Corrin and the Nohrian royals attend Xander's coronation as the next king of Nohr. He vows to maintain peace with Hoshido for the rest of his days. Hinoka and Sakura, who survived the war, also attend. With the deaths of Ryoma and Takumi, Hinoka becomes the new Queen of Hoshido and a new peace treaty has been established between the kingdoms. Xander apologizes for their losses and promises Hinoka that he will not allow evil like Iago to prosper ever again and that he will continue to make peace with what happened in Hoshido. Though Corrin is satisfied with his/her success in ending the war, much of his/her actions are still despised by the people of Hoshido and he/she is still guilt-ridden by these actions. With the first sign of peace, the Nohrian siblings and Corrin head to celebrate a banquest, where whenever something big happens at the castle, they hold a royal banquet.
During the party, Corrin leaves to take a breather, and has one last encounter with Azura's spirit. Afterwords, Corrins meets with the Nohrian siblings inside the throne room and Xander states that together, the Nohrian royal family will continue to bring peace to the world.
Normal Hard Lunatic
This chapter's map is 29 columns by 30 rows.
Note: The returning characters list does not include any characters recruitable in paralogues or xenologues, as the player may not have taken on any available paralogue chapters yet. The list also does not include any bonus units, as they are recruitable at the player's discretion.
Dragon Vein data
The Dragon Veins in this chapter are stated to have the effect "Create barriers to blunt Takumi's attack", with "Takumi's attack" being his area-of-effect attack. They are located as follows:
- Column 12, row 26: Three squares west of a Great Master
- Column 13, row 14: Six squares north of a General
- Column 14, row 9: Three squares north of furthest southern ally starting positions
- Column 14, row 18: Two squares south of an Oni Chieftain
- Column 14, row 22: One square east of a Master Ninja
- Column 15, row 13: Three squares north of an Oni Chieftain
- Column 15, row 18: One square north of a Maid
- Column 16, row 11: Five squares north of an Oni Chieftain
- Column 16, row 18: Two squares south of an Oni Chieftain
- Column 16, row 22: One square south of a Master Ninja
- Column 17, row 14: Two squares north, one square east of an Oni Chieftain
- Column 18, row 26: Three squares east of a Great Master
There are five barrier blocks created each time a Dragon Vein is activated, each with 30 HP, and they are located as follows:
- Column 13, row 18: One square west of three Dragon Veins in a row
- Column 14, row 24: Five squares south of the westernmost of three Dragon Veins in a row
- Column 14, row 25: Five squares south of the centermost of three Dragon Veins in a row
- Column 14, row 26: Five squares south of the easternmost of three Dragon Veins in a row
- Column 15, row 18: One square east of three Dragon Veins in a row
Normal Hard Lunatic
- On Hard mode and above, all Faceless reinforcements have the skill Self-Destruct. On Lunatic mode, all reinforcements with debuffing skills have the skill Inevitable End.
- Turn 4
- Turn 5
- Turn 6
- Turn 8
- Turn 9
- Turn 10
- Turn 11 (Hard/Lunatic only)
- Turn 12
- Turn 13
- Turn 14
- 4/6 Faceless; two/three from the southwestern and southeastern Dark Waters each
- 1 Oni Chieftain*/1 pair of Oni Chieftains* from the western Dark Waters (Hard/Lunatic only)
- The above pattern repeats infinitely, restarting on the second turn after the end of a pattern sequence.
- Main article: Takumi
Normal Hard Lunatic
This is the final chapter of Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, and you cannot save your progress after this chapter; thus, no changes to your army or inventory can be carried over. If you have been saving rare and valuable items like stat boosters, status staves, and the Bifröst for a rainy day, it's time to take out your umbrella.
Takumi has a dangerous area-of-effect attack that triggers every 3/2 turns. You can hide behind barriers erected by the Dragon Veins to avoid it. If a unit is not straight north of one of these barriers, they will take non-lethal damage equal to half of their maximum HP.
There are two basic ways to approach this map: the Rescue-Pass cheese strategy and conventional strategy.
For the most optimal version of this strategy, you need:
- One Corrin in a mounted class. Corrin must be able to reach 35 Speed and 73 attack in order to one-round Enfeebled Takumi; one sample build to reach this benchmark makes them a +Strength -Defense Great Knight. Accounting for their statue in My Castle, this gives them a Strength cap of 40 right off the bat plus 2 extra damage from a B rank in swords, giving them 42 attack. If they had Samurai as their secondary, they can get Life and Death and Swordfaire for another 15. The Shadow Yato itself has 16 might, raising the total to 73. If you can't reach 73 attack, another potential benchmark to aim for is 66 attack, to one-round him with one trigger of Dragon Fang.
- Two Bow Knights with Movement +1; one of them must have Pass and have used a single pair of Boots. Niles or Shura should easily fill one of these slots, while the other is easiest to fill by recruiting Nina beforehand, using the Offspring Seal to promote her to Adventurer to instantly get Pass, using a Heart Seal to move her to Bow Knight, and giving her the Boots.
- Four mounted healers; three of them must have a D-rank in staves and the last must have a C-rank and have used Magic and Skill Tonics. Jakob, Felicia, and Flora all have base access to Strategist and appropriate staff ranks, while the fourth slot will probably be filled by Elise.
- One cavalryman.
- One Azura.
- One Rallyman.
- Two Rescue staves, one of which must have both charges.
- One Enfeeble staff.
- Two characters with Shove or Swap. You will need to capture someone to do this; Haitaka and Kumagera fit the bill quite nicely.
Note that you do not need the pair of Boots you get from killing Shura to pull this off. It does make the movement requirements a little looser, though.
Your deployment should be as follows. The bottom row should be, from left to right: your Pass Bow Knight, your cavalryman with Azura paired up and the cavalryman in front, a D-rank mounted healer holding a Rescue staff with two charges, and another D-rank mounted healer. Your third D-rank mounted healer should be one space above the cavalryman/Azura pair and holding the other Rescue staff. Your non-Pass Bow Knight should be paired with your C-rank mounted healer and placed on the rightmost square of the second row from the bottom with the Bow Knight in front and the healer holding the Enfeeble staff. Rallyman should be right above Corrin, and your Shove/Swap guys should be as close to the Pass Bow Knight as this setup allows.
Once you've done all that, it's time to move out.
- Have Rallyman rally.
- Pair Corrin up with the Pass Bow Knight.
- Use Shove and Swap to move Bow Knight/Corrin down two spaces.
- Move Bow Knight/Corrin down 11 spaces, keeping the Bow Knight in front. They should be nestled between a Maid, a General, and a piece of rubble.
- The healer to Cavalryman/Azura's right should move down 7 spaces and right one space, landing them to the right of a Dragon Vein and three spaces above an Oni Chieftain; they must then Rescue the healer 7 spaces above them.
- Move the healer you just Rescued below the one who just Rescued them, trade over the Rescue staff, and Rescue the Bow Knight/C-healer pair.
- Move the Bow Knight/C-healer as close as possible to Takumi and Enfeeble him.
- Move the healer who starts above Cavalryman/Azura down 7 and left 1 and have them rescue Cavalryman/Azura.
- Move Cavalryman/Azura downwards and sing for Corrin's pairing.
- Move to Takumi and plunge the Shadow Yato into his foul heart.
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
- This chapter is one of few chapters in the game where the preparations theme doesn't play during that phase of setup. In this case, the music from the preceding cutscene continues onto the battle preparations screen.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Night Breaks Through||--|
|Japanese||光去り行く黄昏||The Dusk Parts the Light|
|← The Empty King •||Night Breaks Through|