|“||None of us are going anywhere, my lady. We're here for you till the very end. Even if it means our lives.||”|
— Midayle, on defending Adean
Midayle (Japanese: ミデェール Midayle) was a knight in the service of Grannvale's House Jungby. He led the defense of Jungby and its Lady Adean in the Verdane invasion in Grann 757, and while his efforts failed, he subsequently fought in Sigurd's army in its invasion of Verdane to rescue Adean and beyond until his presumed death in the Battle of Belhalla.
- 1 Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- 2 Personality and character
- 3 Love growths and events
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Other appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Etymology and other languages
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
Determined to protect Adean to the end even in the face of Verdane's overwhelming force, Midayle was defeated and severely wounded by Prince Gandolf of Verdane, leaving Jungby Castle open to the enemy and Adean to be abducted by Gandolf. When Sigurd recaptured Jungby, he found Midayle, who despite his injuries was determined to assist Sigurd in rescuing Adean.
Starting stats and growth rates
Promotion stat gains
Personality and character
Midayle was devoted to Adean and determined to protect her even to the end, if mostly because of an unrequited romantic interest he had long held in her. Even after Adean's rescue, he chose to be indebted to Sigurd for his role in rescuing Adean and thus swore to continue serving him beyond Verdane. It is possible, however, that his interest was born at least initially on a superficial level, as upon meeting Adean's sister Briggid for the first time he loudly voiced his interest in her appearance as being more beautiful than that of Adean.
Love growths and events
- In Chapter 1, Midayle can talk to Adean after she has been recruited, giving 100 love points between the two. Both Midayle and Azel may perform this conversation, and if Azel does it first Midayle cannot.
- In Chapter 3, Midayle can talk to Briggid after she has been recruited, giving 100 love points between the two.
- In Chapter 4, if they are lovers, Adean can talk to Midayle at any time, giving Midayle a Brave Bow.
- In Chapter 5, if they are lovers, Briggid can talk to Midayle after Phinora Castle has been seized, yielding no reward.
|“||Shut up! Where's Lady Adean!? Bring her back, now!!||”|
— Midayle, when fighting Gerrard in the Prologue of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||Grr... Lady Adean... Forgive me||”|
— Midayle, as a NPC in the Prologue of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||Aah... Sir Sigurd, I'm so sorry.||”|
— Midayle, in Genealogy of the Holy War.
Midayle was featured on three TCG cards.
|Fire Emblem Trading Card Game data for Midayle|
|Class: Arch Knight||Level 1 Cavalry||Ranged Attack|
|Energy: 4||Atk.: 1 / Counter: 1||WLv.: B|
|Equip: Iron Bow||Skills: Canto • Follow-Up • Accost|
|Card #028 • Rarity: ★★ • Artist: Mayumi Hirota|
|Class: Arch Knight||Level 10 Cavalry||Ranged Attack|
|Energy: 6||Atk.: 2 / Counter: 1||WLv.: B|
|Equip: Steel Bow||Skills: Canto • Follow-Up • Accost|
|Card #2-011 • Rarity: ★★ • Artist: Koya Katsuyoshi|
|Class: Bow Knight||Level 20 Cavalry||Ranged Attack|
|Energy: 7||Atk.: 2 / Counter: 2||WLv.: A|
|Equip: Steel Bow||Skills: Class Change • Training • Canto • Follow-Up • Accost|
|Card #3-010 • Rarity: ★ • Artist: Koya Katsuyoshi|
|Card scans and information translation provided by Aquantis.|
Fire Emblem Cipher
Midayle is currently featured on one card in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Midayle|
|Pining Bow, Midayle|
|"I'll give my life to protect you, milady, right to the very end."|
|Attack: 40||Support: 20||Range: 2||Deploy Cost: 2|
|Class: Arch Knight||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|Arrowguard: [Always] During your opponent's turn, if your opponent controls at least 3 units, this unit gains +20 attack.|
Anti-Fliers: [Always] If this unit is attacking a unit, this unit gains +30 attack.
|Card #B06-020N, B06-020ST • Artist: Rokkaku Yamada|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Midir .
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|• Used in the previous version of the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation.|
• Reverted to his NoJ name in Gharnef's translation patch revision.
|Japanese||ミデェール||Officially romanized as Midayle. Corruption of Midir, a god of Irish mythology. Romanized instead as Midearl in the Super Tactics Book.|
Artwork of Midayle from the Fire Emblem Trading Card Game.
Artwork of Midayle from Treasure.
Artwork of Midayle from Genealogy of the Holy War.
Midayle's portrait in Genealogy of the Holy War.
- "None of us are going anywhere, my lady. We're here for you till the very end. Even if it means our lives." — Midayle, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "My lady... I still feel like I'm in a dream or something. Being with you is all I ever wanted in life..." — Midayle, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Adean: Do me a favour, Midayle, and stay with Sir Sigurd's troops.
Midayle: I'd be more than happy to. I am greatly indebted to him for rescuing Jungby Castle for us, and you as well!" — Midayle, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Midayle: Briggid... you're beautiful!
Briggid: What did you say? You tryin' to be funny!?
Midayle: To think there's another... one that's even more beautiful. You're like a dream!
Briggid: I... I'm leaving!" — Midayle and Briggid, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|