|Icon of the Luna skill in Radiant Dawn.|
Halve enemy Def/Res when attacking. Trigger % = (Skill stat)
Luna (Japanese: 月光 Moonlight), previously known as Pierce, is an offensive skill which debuted in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. When activated, the user unleashes one strike which bypasses the enemy's defense and/or resistance to some extent, allowing the user to inflict significantly more damage to the enemy than usual. The skill's power and effects vary from game to game, with some games having Luna entirely nullify the enemy's defensive stats while others just halve the stats.
In Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, Luna is a personal skill, associated primarily with some relatives of the royal family of Isaach who bear Od holy blood. In The Sacred Stones, Luna is learned exclusively by Wyvern Knights. In Path of Radiance, Luna is the mastery skill of the General and Halberdier classes, and in Radiant Dawn it is the mastery skill for the Marshall class. In Awakening and Fates, Luna is learned only by Great Knights, but can be possessed by units of any class by reclassing.
In the main Fire Emblem series
In other Fire Emblem series titles
||Treats the target as if it has a 50% penalty to defense and resistance during the strike.
||May reduce target's Defense and Resistance upon a successful hit; chance increases with user's Luck.
Genealogy of the Holy War
The Sacred Stones
Path of Radiance
Fire Emblem Cipher
Luna is present as a skill on one card in Fire Emblem Cipher: B06-029HN Wielder of Luna, Holyn. It is a trigger skill which activates automatically when Holyn is used to attack the opponent's lord unit. If the player chooses to do so, Luna also allows him to automatically destroy one other enemy unit with a cost of 3 or less in addition to their attack on the opponent's lord, in exchange for flipping three bond cards face-down.
- Although in its first five appearances Luna is associated with a blue flash upon activation or striking, in Awakening a Luna blow instead shines yellow when striking the enemy.
- Unused text strings exist in Path of Radiance that refer to Luna's name from the Jugdral games. It was translated as Moonblade in the English version.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
||Definition, etymology and notes
|• Used in The Sacred Stones|
• Latin: "moon", specifically that of Earth. Used in other titles.
|• Moonlight Sword. This name is used in Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776.|
• Penetrate. Used in The Sacred Stones.
• Moonlight. This name is used from Path of Radiance onward. Referred to as MOONTRICK in its internal file name in Path of Radiance, and as LUNA in the same in Radiant Dawn.
• Ra luna
|• Pike, a long spear. Used in The Sacred Stones.|
• The skill is known by this name only in Path of Radiance.
• From the Greek Σελήνη Selene, "moon". Selene is a moon goddess of Greek mythology, and the counterpart of the Roman Luna. The skill is known by this name from Radiant Dawn onward.
|• An estoc is a European variety of longsword intended for use against mail or plate armor. Used in The Sacred Stones.|
• Lunar. Used in other titles.
|• Stab. Used in The Sacred Stones.|
• Moon. Used in other titles.
|• Breach. Used in The Sacred Stones.|
• As above. Used in other titles.