|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Discord: If you would like, please join our Discord server!
|“||Hey, wait! Rowan! No sparring today! He already promised he'd help me with my studies! Are you listening?!||”|
— Lianna to Rowan on their plans with Darios
Lianna (Japanese: リアン Lian) is a character originating from Fire Emblem Warriors and the princess of Aytolis. She is one of the kingdom's royal twins, being slightly older than her brother Rowan and the less reckless of the two.
Upon starting the game the player chooses which of the twins to make their main character. For the first five chapters of the game the chosen twin is force-deployed and the unchosen twin is an assisting NPC. The choice has no long term ramifications past the initial few chapters where both can be freely chosen by the player.
Lianna first appears with Rowan at the start of the game arguing about who is going to take the Aytolisian throne; to Yelena's disappointment. The argument abruptly ends when a soldier walks in and announces that Darios, a friend of the twins, has arrived at the castle. Rowan runs off to meet him with Lianna protesting that Darios had promised to study with her, not spar with him. During the sparring rounds the castle is invaded by mysterious forces, the three are forced to leave Yelena behind but they are able to take the Shield of Flames with them. Yelena tells them to go to the temple as they escape.
Lianna appears in basically every story dialogue scene in the game with her brother Rowan. After convincing the Shepherds to join them and obtaining the first Gleamstone from Chrom, Lianna attempts to contact the Nohrian army while Rowan attempts to contact the clashing Hoshidan army; each army thinks that the other has kidnapped Corrin. Lianna meets up with a lost Elise and offers to help her find her siblings. The two attempt to convince the Nohrians that they are allies and simply want to return Elise to their care, but Camilla, Leo, and Xander all have to be fought before they bother listening to any conversation. She then reunites with Rowan, who had to do the same thing with Sakura and the Hoshidan siblings. After reuniting they locate Corrin, brainwashed by Iago, and free her, Xander, and Ryoma, by defeating Iago. The Gleamstones from Xander, Ryoma, and Corrin are also obtained.
Having gathered their forces, Lianna and Rowan make their way towards Gristonne's Fortified Citadel and fail to take it, having to leave Darios behind in enemy hands. As they retreat they are assisted by Marth, Caeda and Tiki. Lianna and Rowan head for the World Tree to obtain the Divine Dragon's power, the swords Facinna and Enliron. The group returns to the Fortified Citadel, rescue Darios, and complete the Shield of Flames with Marth's Gleamstone; unfortunately, Darios, now possessed by Velezark, steals the shield and returns to the Aytolis capital to sacrifice Yelena in a ritual.
Lianna and Rowan defeat Darios and rescue Yelena, but they are unable to prevent Velezark from being revived. Velezark then leaves Aytolis, making his way to the World Tree to destroy it. Lianna and Rowan chase after him and defeat him at the World Tree. The heroes are returned to their worlds and Lianna and Rowan return to Aytolis with Yelena. They both opt to take the crown, both becoming the rulers of Aytolis.
Prologue Chapter 5
Promotion stat gains
Personality and character
Like her brother, she is disinterested in ruling Aytolis when she becomes of age. She encourages Rowan to become king instead, while at the same time her brother insists she become ruler, putting the two at an impasse. Lianna's reluctance to assume the throne stems from a lack of self-confidence and a belief that she would make a poor ruler.
- Main article: Lianna/Supports (Warriors)
Fire Emblem Cipher
Lianna is currently featured on three cards in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Lianna|
|Beautiful Sunflower Princess, Lianna|
|"Let's go, everyone! Now is our chance to destroy the fell dragon!"|
|Attack: 70||Support: 20||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 4|
|Class: Great Hero||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 3|
| "Here I go!": [Activate] If your Main Character has no insignia, you may make this unit your Main Character. If you do, return the ally that was previously your Main Character back to your hand.|
Radiant Facinna: [Trigger] When you deploy this unit, you may destroy an enemy with a deployment cost of 2 or less besides the Main Character.
"The light of hope!": [Trigger]  When an ally's skill destroys an enemy, you may pay the cost and if you do: Draw a card.
|Card #B11-079SR(+) • Artist: Fuzichoco|
|Persevering Sacred Sword, Lianna|
|"I won't be stopped... I'll keep going until we've taken back Aytolis!"|
|Attack: 60||Support: 20||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Great Hero||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 2|
|"You won't have time to stop me!": [Trigger] [Once per turn]  After this unit's attack destroys an enemy besides the Main Character, you may pay this skill's cost and if you do: Untap this unit.|
|Card #B11-080N • Artist: Daisuke Izuka|
|Princess of Aytolis, Lianna|
|"As a rule, I don't play unwinnable games, but... There's no other option!"|
"I'm so glad I got the chance to meet all of you..."
|Attack: 40||Support: 20||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 1|
|Class: Lord||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|Valedictory Princess: [Trigger] [Once per turn] When an enemy is destroyed, this turn, this unit gains +10 attack.|
Tandem Emblem: [Support] If your defending unit does not have an insignia, then until the end of combat, your defending unit gains +10 attack.
|Card #B11-081HN, P11-006PR • Artist: Fuzichoco (B11-081HN), Yoko Maturica (P11-006PR)|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Lianna .
- During development the developers briefly considered giving Lianna a lance as a signature weapon. In the end this was decided against and both siblings were given swords to, as said by the developers, simplify the tutorial content for new players.
- Erica Mendez, Lianna's English voice actress, also voices Deirdre in Heroes.
- Maaya Uchida, Lianna's Japanese voice actress, also voices Sharena in Heroes.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Norman and French girl name meaning to twine around. Alternate variations include Aileen, Eileen, and Liana.
Lian or Rian.
Artwork of Lianna from Warriors.
Lianna's portrait from Warriors.
Portrait of a shadow imitation of Lianna from Warriors.
Lianna's costume portrait as a Lord from Warriors.
Lianna's costume portrait as a Great Lord from Warriors.
- Voice of Lianna - Fire Emblem Warriors (Game) | Behind The Voice Actor, www.behindthevoiceactors.com, Retrieved: 4 August 2018
- "The royal prince of the Kingdom of Aitriss. Aspires to be a knight who fights on the front-lines rather than a king and thus encourages his twin sister Lian (Lianna) to inherit the throne. [...] Shion’s (Rowan's) older twin sister. Clever and is understanding of her own faults, so she has no desire to inherit the throne. Rather, she encourages Shion to become king." — Jedi, Famitsu details on FE Warriors in depth, Serenesforest.net, Published: May 31 2017, Retrieved: December 26 2017
- "Yes indeed. Because there are many sword characters, there were talks during development to give an axe to the boy (Shion/Rowan) and a spear to the girl (Lianna). However, the twins are Lords, and while we were designing the game prologue, we wanted those who don’t really play action games to be able to properly play it too, so we wanted to create the right kind of tutorial. In that case, the enemy positions and gameplay experience would change, and it wouldn’t feel right if they would change based on the protagonists’ weapons. We want people to understand the weapon triangle starting from the sword. We want people who don’t even know about Fire Emblem to be able to grasp the rules, so we made [the tutorial] to stay the same regardless of the choices for the two." — Fire Emblem Warriors devs – Chrom was made first, Lissa / Lucina / Frederick / Robin talk, much more, Nintendoeverything.com, Published: August 12th 2017, Retrieved: August 12th 2017
- Erica Mendez - 77 Character Images | Behind The Voice Actors, www.behindthevoiceactors.com, Retrieved: 4 August 2018
- Maaya Uchida - 94 Character Images | Behind The Voice Actors, www.behindthevoiceactors.com, Retrieved: 4 August 2018
- Lianna - Name Meaning, What does Lianna mean?, www.thinkbabynames.com, Retrieved: 4 August 2018
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|