|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on Twitter, Facebook, or Discord!
MediaWiki update: Fire Emblem Wiki has been updated to MediaWiki 1.32.0! If you notice any errors, please report them to a member of our tech support team.
From Fire Emblem Wiki, your source on Fire Emblem Wiki information. By Fans, for Fans.
|Icon of the Lethality skill in Awakening and Fates.|
Fell an enemy in one hit. Trigger % = (Skill stat ÷ 4)
Lethality, formerly Silencer, (Japanese: 瞬殺 Instant Kill, or 滅殺 Annihilator) is an offensive skill which debuted in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade despite a defined skill system not existing, before first appearing as a proper defined skill in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. In all of its appearances save Fates (where it is instead associated with Master Ninjas), it is the defining trait of the Assassin class; when activated, it instantly kills the enemy, independent of all other factors.
In the main Fire Emblem series
In other Fire Emblem series titles
||May boost the power of critical hits and combo attacks; chance increases with user's Luck.
The Blazing Blade
The Sacred Stones
Path of Radiance
- In The Blazing Blade and The Sacred Stones, Lethality's animation is identical to that of a standard Assassin critical hit, differentiated only by the user's sprite vibrating briefly when it activates, and the screen being dominated by bright red/purple flashes when the Lethality attack connects with the target.
- In the Japanese version of The Sacred Stones the flash is identical to its appearance in Fire Emblem, being red. For unknown reasons the localizations changed the flash's color to purple.
- The Path of Radiance version of Lethality is currently the only one which, when its attack lands, does not completely block out the entire screen with its flash.
- The skill Bane in Radiant Dawn shares both the name and the icon of Path of Radiance Lethality in the Japanese version. In international versions, it only shares its icon.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
||Definition, etymology and notes
|• This name is used only in The Sacred Stones.|
• This name is used in all games from Path of Radiance onward.
|• Instant Kill; this name is used in The Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance.|
• Annihilation; this name is used in Radiant Dawn and Awakening.
||Latin: departure, figuratively used to refer to death.