From Fire Emblem Wiki, your source on Fire Emblem Wiki information. By Fans, for Fans.
||Look, yer talent in the blade’s ‘nuff insurance. I ain’t exactly lookin’ to fight someone THAT good, y’hear?
— Kinbois, on Ayra
(キンボイス Kinbois) was a prince of Verdane, the first child of King Bator, and the ruler of Genoa Castle in the country's south-east.
Despite being every bit as belligerent and battle-hungry toward Grannvale, Kinbois did not personally participate in his brother Gandolf's initial raid on Grannvale, although Gandolf originally intended to bring him and his men along for a second attack after returning to Verdane. When Sigurd's group seized Evans Castle and repelled the invasion, Kinbois led his army as the first line of defense agaisnt Sigurd's invasion; while he fought in the field with his army, he tasked Ayra with the defense of Genoa itself. He died in the ensuing battle, his father Bator, and Gandolf not lasting much longer. A few years later, Kinbois's youngest brother, Jamke would die in the Battle of Belhalla, putting the future of the Verdane Royal family in doubt. 
Personality and character
Kinbois was aggressive and treacherous, and used Shanan as a hostage to force his aunt and guardian Ayra to serve him as a warrior. He was arrogant and dismissive of any claims that he would be dishonest in his deal with Ayra, but still appeared to legitimately fear her and her combat abilities, claiming to have no interest in making enemies with someone of her skill.
In the past, Kinbois was pacified by his father, Bator, but his aggressive tendencies were released in the war.  Like the rest of the family barring Jamke, Kinbois was totally under the manipulative thumb of Sandima.  
Kinbois was featured on one TCG card.
| Fire Emblem Trading Card Game data for Kinbois
| No image available.
| Class: Warrior
|| Level 1 Infantry
|| Direct Attack
| Energy: 5
|| Atk.: 4 / Counter: 2
|| WLv.: A B
|Equip: Steel Axe
| Card #085 • Rarity: ★ • Artist: Koya Katsuyoshi
| Card scans and information translation provided by Aquantis.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
|| Definition, etymology and notes
|| Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation. Appears to be a compromise between Kinbois and Cimbáeth.
|| Officially Romanized as Kinbois. From Cimbáeth, one of three High Kings of Ireland attested in medieval legend and traditional takes on Irish history, who is said to have ruled in rotation with his cousins, Áed Rúad and Díthorba, for seven years at a time each.
- ↑ "Hah, relax! Won’t be long, an’ I’ll be bringin’ Kinbois’s lot along for the fun. When I do, all Grannvale’s our oyster. Even Belhalla oughta be easy pickings with nuthin’ around to stop us!" - Gandolf, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Even under the Empire’s despotic reign, Verdane wasn’t taken into account, and was abandoned. From everywhere, clans were in permanent strife, public order was disrupted, and bands of brigands rampaged." - Epilogue, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Ayra: Look, Kinbois, you have my word I’ll look after the castle. Just back off Shanan and we’ll have no problems. The real question here is if you’re actually going to return him to me.
Kinbois: Ahahahaha! Look at her! You’ll get ‘im back once we get Evans back." - Ayra and Kinbois, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Wh-whoa, stay yer arm! Geez, never seen a face so pretty but spewin’ bile like that! Look, yer talent in the blade’s ‘nuff insurance. I ain’t exactly lookin’ to fight someone THAT good, y’hear?" - Kinbois, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "The amiable monarch succeeded in maintaining the peace with Grandbell, while pacifying his zealous sons. However, that very peace was ultimately violated by none other than King Batou." - The narration on the Royal Family in Chapter 1, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "That sorceror Sandima is behind all of this, isn’t he… You, Gandolf and Kinbois have trusted him far too much. He has deceived all of you!" - Jamke in Chapter 1, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- ↑ "Aside from the youngest prince, Jamka, Sandima has them all wrapped around his finger. Please, I beg of you… save our kingdom!”" - A Villager in Chapter 1, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
|| This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.