- Juda redirects here. For the boss from Genealogy of the Holy War known by this name among the fandom outside of that game's fan translations, see Judah.
|“||The hour is come for the world of man to return to the gods' control! It is the dawn of an age of fear and chaos, cradled in Duma's shadow!||”|
Jedah is one of the major antagonists of Gaiden's plot. His children, Marla and Hestia are also followers of Duma, though his youngest daughter, Sonya rejected the faith and fled to Zofia, and became associated with Grieth's pirates some time before the events of the game. Also before the events of the game, Jedah ousted the previous high priest, Halcyon.
Jedah is fought twice during the events of Gaiden, though he is only intended to be defeated in the final chapter. The first time he appears, in Act 4, is merely to taunt Celica, as well as to show off his ability to summon Mogall.
In both appearances, Jedah is protected by a powerful spell that makes him mostly immune to enemy attacks.
Boss: Act 4 Boss: Act 5
- Jedah is only vulnerable to damage every four turns, otherwise he will not take damage from any attacks.
Jedah reprises his role as a major antagonist in the remake. Once again, he is fought twice and will only be defeated in the final chapter.
Act 4 (Normal) Act 4 (Hard) Act 5 (Normal) Act 5 (Hard)
Personality and character
Jedah, while twisted, is apparently devout in his faith to Duma; he is willing to offer his daughters as sacrifices as a gift to Duma, being rewarded via empowerment. He also seems to have legitimate concern for Duma's well-being. He has a somewhat arrogant personality, appearing before Celica to flaunt his power and his ability to summon Mogalls. He also persuades Celica into offering herself as a sacrifice for Alm's passage though the necrodragon infested mountains of Rigel.
Jedah does not have any battle quotes in Gaiden.
|“||I've no use for any of you save Anthiese. Now begone!||”|
— Jedah in act 4
Jedah: Well, if it isn't Sonya.
Sonya: You've no idea how long I've waited for this day. You stole the lives of my sisters and cursed them to become witches! I will avenge them with your blood!
Jedah: Their souls were offered to Duma freely, and both received endless bliss in turn. Only a fool would refuse to see a truth so plain. You are a burden to your wise sisters, and I shall relieve them of it now!
— Jedah to Sonya in act 4
|“||Bow before Duma's eminence! Kneel before his awesome power!||”|
— Jedah in act 5
|“||Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh...||”|
|“||You will suffer!||”|
|“||All glory...unto Duma...!||”|
— Jedah's defeat voice clip in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
|“||You fools who know not Lord Duma's power... You will regret this...||”|
— Jedah in act 4 and 5 of Gaiden
|“||Keh heh heh... Your struggling is most precious. But I'll not end your meager little lives quite yet. Anthiese! You will ascend Duma Tower and join me at its pinnacle! ...Unless you wish to lose your precious Alm, that is.||”|
— Jeah, if defeated in act 4
|“||Aah... This cannot be... It mustn't... Lord Duma... My Lord...Duma...||”|
— Jedah in act 5
Fire Emblem Cipher
Jedah is currently featured on one card in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Jedah|
|Archbishop of the Duma Faithful, Jedah|
||"The hour is come for the world of man to return to the gods' control! It is the dawn of an age of fear and chaos, cradled in Duma's shadow!"|
|Attack: 60||Support: 0||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 5|
|Class: Cantor||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 4|
|Sacrificial Rite: [Activate] [Once per turn] [Send 2 cards from your hand to the Retreat Area] Choose 2 cards whose unit name is "Witch" from your Retreat Area, and deploy them.|
Fell Pact: [Trigger] At the end of your turn, if you have no cards in your hand, draw 2 cards.
|Card #B16-063HN • Artist: Setsu|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Jedah .
- Despite the presence of other major antagonists from Fire Emblem Gaiden like Rudolf, Grieth, and Desaix, Jedah was excluded from the character list comprising the 2017 Choose Your Legends popularity poll, meaning votes could not be cast for him. The reason for his exclusion from the poll is unknown; though he appears on the ballot in Choose Your Legends: Round 2.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Judah||Used in the most recent Fire Emblem Gaiden translation.|
|Japanese||ジュダ||Officially romanized as Juda. Variant of Judah/Judas. Judah is a name of Hebrew origin meaning "praise".|
CG of Jedah from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Jedah's portrait in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Jedah as he appears in battle in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
- "Master Halcyon was the High Priest of Lord Duma. However, after a dispute with the cantor Jedah, he escaped here in defeat." — Male NPC in Sage's Hamlet, Fire Emblem Gaiden
- "Hehehe, cute critter, eh...? However, I didn’t expect you to kill it so soon." — Jedah, Fire Emblem Gaiden
- "Jedah is a terrible man.
If you wish to fight him, there is but one way.
4, 8, 12...
Ugh—it’s too hard to—
Je... Jedah's spell has..." — Male NPC in Sage's Hamlet, Fire Emblem Gaiden
- "Lord Jedah even went to far as to offer the Father his own daughters. Yes, it's true—Marla and Hestia both. In turn, the Father rewarded Lord Jedah with incredible magic." — Nuibaba explaining Duma's power to Berkut, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- "Are you in pain, my lord Duma The sight tears at my heart... But you needn't endure it much longer. I've had report that the girl has left the island. I will deliver her to you without fail. She of the fated children... Bearer of the Brand..." — Jedah to Duma, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|
|Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia|