|“||Besides, if we lost you now, everything the troops fought and died for would be lost too.||”|
— Janne, to Leif
(Japanese: ジャンヌ Janne) is an Agustrian troubadour who, after being orphaned in the Agustrian civil war, was raised by the Leonster knight Finn along with Prince Leif. She fought alongside Leif in his fight to retake the Manster District from the Grannvale Empire, and joined him in allying with Seliph's liberation army.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- 3 Personality and character
- 4 Love growths and events
- 5 Endings
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Other appearances
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Etymology and other languages
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
Janne is the second child of Eve of Nordion's Cross Knights. When Janne and her brother, Tristan were young, the Agustrian civil war occurred and Eve died in battle, orphaning the two. Both children were taken in by Sigurd's army, and in the days before the Battle of Belhalla she was supposed to be sent with baby Seliph and her brother to find refuge in Isaach, but she was lost on the way. A travelling merchant found and adopted her in Isaach, and she lived with him until the age of seven, when the merchant was killed by a Grannvale soldier. Finn then found her and adopted her, raising her with Leif.
When Leif tried to raise his own liberation army to oppose Grannvale's rule of his homeland, Janne was one of his allies and, along with Finn, was one of the few survivors after the catastrophic failure of a raid on Alster, the base of King Bloom. Knowing that Seliph was on his way with his own liberation army from Isaach, Janne assisted Leif in holding out against a siege from Bloom for as long as they could until Seliph could reinforce them, and the two joined forces with Seliph's army when he arrived.
Janne is a playable character in the second generation, as Nanna's substitute. Like Nanna, when she joins the party she is located at Leonster Castle, along with Leif and Finn, well away from Seliph's party. She and the other two need to resist Bloom's siege against Leonster while Seliph makes his way to there through the rest of the map.
Starting stats and growth rates
Promotion stat gains
|Paladin||+0||+6||+2||+3||+3||+0||+6||+2||+1||--||B C C|
Personality and character
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
Love growths and events
- In Chapter 7, Tristan can talk to Janne at any time, giving Janne +1 luck.
- In Chapter 9, Janne can visit a certain village in the north-west to receive +3 defense after a conversation with a sleazy Shanan doppelganger. Femina can also have this conversation, and only one can activate it per playthrough.
- In Chapter 10, Janne can initiate a conversation with Leif at any time, giving Janne +3 maximum HP and granting 100 love points between the pair.
- In the Endgame, if the two are lovers, Janne can talk to Seliph or Leif after Edda has been seized, granting each a maximum HP boost (+5 for Leif, +3 for Seliph).
Genealogy of the Holy War
|“||Prince Leif, I’ll leave the rest to you…||”|
— Janne, in Genealogy of the Holy War.
Janne was featured on three TCG cards.
|Fire Emblem Trading Card Game data for Janne|
|Class: Troubadour||Level 1 Cavalry||Direct Attack|
|Energy: 3||Atk.: 1 / Counter: 1||WLv.: B C|
|Equip: Iron Sword||Skills: Canto|
|Card #071 • Rarity: ★ • Artist: Mayumi Hirota|
|Class: Troubadour||Level 10 Cavalry||Direct Attack|
|Energy: 5||Atk.: 2 / Counter: 1||WLv.: B C|
|Equip: Steel Sword||Skills: Canto|
|Card #2-047 • Rarity: ★ • Artist: Katsuyoshi Koya|
|Class: Paladin||Level 15 Cavalry||Direct Attack|
|Energy: 6||Atk.: 2 / Counter: 2||WLv.: B C C|
|Equip: Steel Sword||Skills: Class Change • Canto • Training|
|Card #3-040 • Rarity: ★ • Artist: Katsuyoshi Koya|
|Card scans and information translation provided by Aquantis.|
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
| • Janne
| • Used in older versions of the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation.|
• Used in the "Project Naga" patch.
|Japanese||ジャンヌ||Officially romanized as Janne. Janne is a common name in Nordic countries which originally came from the same name as John, a Hebrew name meaning "Yahweh is gracious". Romanized instead as Jannu in the Super Tactics Book.|
Artwork of Janne from Genealogy of the Holy War.
Janne's portrait in Genealogy of the Holy War.
Janne's unused portrait in Thracia 776.
- "Tristan: No, I'm not! Our father was a knight of the Nordion Kingdom. He died in battle during the upheaval in Agustria. You and I were still pretty young then. Sir Sigurd's army ended up taking us in, but we lost track of you while fleeing to Isaach.
Janne: Wow, that actually makes sense. I was picked up by a traveling merchant in Isaach.
Tristan: I'd say he saved your life.
Janne: But he was murdered by an imperial soldier. I was 7 at the time. And then Finn took me in." — Tristan and Janne, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|