|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on !
|“||If there is anything I can do, I will lend you my power.||”|
— Halcyon to Celica
Celica comes to him for information and help; when Halcyon is spoken to he promotes Alm.
Like his role in Gaiden, Halcyon is a non-playable character who appears in Sage's Hamlet. He is revealed to have been Conrad's caretaker after it was believed he perished in the fire that killed many of his siblings. Halcyon was the former high priest of Duma, having lost his role when he was overthrown by Jedah.
When spoken to by Celica, he informs Celica about her and Alm's brand, uses his magic to allow Celica to commune with Alm, as well as gives him the ability to promote.
Personality and character
Halcyon appears in a similar role to his in Gaiden.
Halcyon appears before Celica in Lost Treescape, and saves her and her group from the forest's corruption; the roots and branches of the trees had attempted to engulf them. Hark tells Celica that the forest has become tainted, and he cannot leave it, as he is the only one preventing it from spreading.
Celica understands Halcyon cannot leave, and asks that Halcyon bless Alm. Halcyon complies with her request. Celica gets a vision of Alm fighting; Alm, suddenly empowered, beheads a Rigelian arcanist and causes the accompanying monsters to flee. Halcyon tells Celica it is time to continue her journey to the Duma Tower; however, Jedah casts a spell on Celica and she disappears. After a moment of panic, Halcyon tells Celica's companions that she is not yet dead, and she has been warped somewhere distant.
- His portrait in Gaiden is a recolored version of Nomah's.
- Halcyon has the dubious honor of having finished in last place of the 774 characters from across the Fire Emblem series featured in the fourth Choose Your Legends poll for Fire Emblem Heroes, with a total of 11 votes; he is tied for this placing with Hayden and Roddlevan.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Halcyon||A feminine name, from the name of a genus of kingfisher birds, derived from Greek ἀλκυών (from the same source as Alcyone from Greco-Roman mythology). The Latin borrowings of this word are halcyon and alcyon.|
|Hark||Hark means "to listen".|
|Japanese||ハルク||Romanized in the files of Shadows of Valentia as Hulk.|
Concept artwork of Halcyon from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Halcyon's portrait in Fire Emblem Gaiden.
Halcyon's portrait from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
- "#FireEmblemEchoes: Shadows of Valentia releases today! You can hear me as the voices of Jerome, Halcyon, Blake, and Wolf! Help me find pics?" — Sean Chiplock on Twitter, Twitter, Published: May 19, 2017, Retrieved: June 24, 2020
- "Master Halcyon was the High Priest of Lord Duma. However, after a dispute with the shaman Jedah, he escaped here in defeat." — A man in Sage's Hamlet, Fire Emblem Gaiden
- "This is the hidden hamlet of the sage. It is protected by Master Halcyon, the Great Sage of Duma." — A priestess in Sage's Hamlet, Fire Emblem Gaiden}}
- "Jedah is a terrible man." — A man in Sage's Hamlet, Fire Emblem Gaiden
- Behind the Name: Meaning, origin and history of the name Halcyon, www.behindthename.com, Retrieved: 8 September 2018
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|
|Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia|