|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Social media: If you would like, please join our Discord server, and/or follow us on Twitter or Tumblr!
Engage info: As the game has only recently released, we lack much key information. Please help add any info that you can.
- Not to be confused with Gustav, the king of Askr in Fire Emblem Heroes, or Gustave, a character in Three Houses.
|“||I kept a loser like you alive and used you as my right-hand man this past decade. I trust you haven't forgotten my kindness!||”|
— Gustaf to Xavier
Gustaf (Japanese: グスタフ Gustaf) is a boss appearing in Chapter 18 of Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. He serves the Grannvale Empire and is an advisor to Bloom. He attempts to defend Leonster castle from Leif's forces.
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
Gustaf is the current holder of Leonster castle in the name of the Empire. He has made Xavier, a Leonster general, his underling for ten years by threats to his men's loved ones. He orders Xavier and his men to fight against Leif's forces to keep Leonster castle under control of the Empire. He also sends Amalda to guard the rear gate of Leonster during Chapter 17B when she voices her dissent against the child hunts.
Gustaf appears in person as the boss of Chapter 18; he is defeated by Leif's forces and fails in keeping Leonster castle in the hands of the Empire.
- See also:
The Liberation of Leonster
Personality and character
As a minor boss Gustaf has little dialogue. August comments that he isn't a particularly renowned commander; but he is known for outfitting his men with exquisite gear to make up for it. From what dialogue he does have it is obvious that he is a fairly callous individual. This is especially obvious towards Xavier, the Leonster general he has under his thumb in exchange for the safety of his subordinate's loved ones.
He appears to have no objections to the child hunts and even takes the initiative in abducting children without being ordered to. He would frequently come into conflict with his subordinate Amalda over the matter.
|“||Never! Never will I lose to you infidels!||”|
— Gustaf when killed.
|“||We have...no place to go any more...||”|
— Gustaf when captured and released; this is unused as he cannot be captured due to his high constitution.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology, and notes|
Used in the Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 fan translation.
Gustaf's portrait from Thracia 776
- ↑ "Yes... An advisor to King Bloom by the name of Gustaf is in charge." — August, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
- ↑ "I kept a loser like you alive and used you as my right-hand man this past decade." — Gustaf to Xavier, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
- ↑ "Palman: General Amalda, what is an individual like you doing defending the rear gate? Did something happen?
Amalda: My opinions seem to have angered Count Gustaf..." — Amalda to Palman, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
- ↑ "He isn't much as a commander, but he uses his wealth to outfit his troops with the best gear. He may be tougher than we think." — August, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
- ↑ "Palman: Ah, the child hunting. Have you argued with him again?
Amalda: Count Gustaf is kidnapping children from this area to sacrifice to Lopt, even without the king's orders." — Palman and Amalda, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused on writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|