|“||Hrrngh! *Huff, huff* ...Wh-what... What manner of magic...||”|
— Chrom, upon being weakened by Grima's initial attack
From the summit of Origin Peak, Naga teleports the Shepherds onto Grima's back, so that they can reach Grima's weak spot on the nape of his neck. Once they reach Grima, though, the Fell Dragon unleashes a powerful attack that leaves the Shepherds at death's door. Grima states that he/she will spare Robin's friends, if he/she will become one with Grima. This proves to be a trap, and regardless of Robin's answer, Grima attempts to absorb Robin into him/herself. Robin refuses Grima again, prompting Grima to attack him/her, dragging him/her into complete darkness.
Robin is left unable to see or hear anything, and is on the verge of giving up, until Chrom's voice breaks through the void. Chrom and the Shepherds encourage Robin to fight back, giving him/her the energy to break out of Grima's grip. Naga uses her power to restore the Shepherds' energy, and the Shepherds engage in their final battle.
As the Shepherds approach Grima, Naga appears, and again warns Chrom and Robin of the choice they must make: let Chrom defeat Grima, sealing him/her away for another thousand years, or have Robin sacrifice him/herself, killing Grima forever - but also almost certainly ending Robin's life as well. Once Grima has been weakened, the time comes for Robin to make his/her decision.
If Chrom defeats Grima, Grima is sealed away once again. Chrom and the other Shepherds express their relief that the battle ended without Robin sacrificing him/herself. Though Robin still doubts that he/she made the right decision, his/her family reassure him/her of his/her decision.
If Robin chooses to sacrifice him/herself, both he/she and Grima disappear, apparently gone forever. The Shepherds, however, remember that Naga mentioned that there was a slight possibility that Robin may return, and refuse to give up hope. At an unknown point in time after the final battle, Robin awakens once again in the field outside Southtown, and is greeted by Chrom and Lissa in identical fashion to their first meeting, but with one critical change - the Brand of Grima, once located on Robin's right hand, has disappeared, proving that Grima has been slain once and for all.
The chapter's map is 25 columns by 26 rows.
Note: The returning characters list does not include any characters recruitable in paralogues, as the player may not have taken on any available paralogue chapters yet. The list also does not include any bonus units, as they are recruitable at the player's discretion.
There are no items obtained in this chapter.
There is no shop in this chapter.
There are no event tiles in this chapter.
Normal Hard Lunatic(+)
- Reinforcements, unlimited in number, generally have the same weapon setup as the initial units of their classes, although in some cases their weapons are equipped in reverse order.
- On turn 2, reinforcements will appear from the four sigils closest to Grima. On each of the following turns, reinforcements will appear from another set of four sigils. On Lunatic mode, they will appear from an additional set of four sigils along with the other set.
Grima is the final boss of Fire Emblem Awakening.
Normal Hard Lunatic Lunatic+
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
- This chapter is always accessible after it is first unlocked regardless of whether or not it's been previously completed; as a result, this chapter is one of only two in the vanilla Awakening game whose map cannot host a skirmish, the other being the premonition, in the latter's case due to not having a designated location on the world map.
- This chapter is also one of two chapters in the vanilla Awakening game that does not have a shop associated with it, again the other being the premonition.
- Probably due to most progress not being saved upon clearing the chapter, this is the only chapter in the vanilla Awakening game that does not have event tiles. It is also the only chapter along the main story path that lacks a summary for likely the same reason.
- This chapter is one of few chapters in the game where the battle preparations theme does not play during that phase of setup. In this case, the music from the preceding cutscene continues onto the battle preparations screen.
- Grima is one of five locations on the world map that connects to only one other location (in this case, only to Origin Peak), and as such is a dead end. The other four are the Outrealm Gate, Plegia Castle, Law's End, and Warriors' Tomb.
- If the player chooses not to deploy Robin, they will still appear in cutscenes to the left of Chrom, only to leave the map through the south once the cutscenes are over.
- This chapter's map was featured in Invisible Ties, a Tempest Trials event in Fire Emblem Heroes.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Grima||Named after the character of the same name, who is the main focus of the chapter.|
|Japanese||邪竜ギムレー||Evil Dragon Gimurei|
|Spanish||El Dragón Caído||The Fell Dragon|
|← To Slay a God •||Grima|